• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Dream World: Worth the wait? [ #29 ]

Worth waiting for?

• Total voters

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
  • I love it! It kept telling me it had to recharge for three days, I then realised it was because I was sitching between my 3DS and DS Lite, not sure why that makes a differnce, but still... And also I hate Eeveelution mini game, I can't get past the 2nd level D:

I LOVE IT TOO man! I'm still haven't figured it all out, but from I done, it is sweet. I recieved a Tanglea from the Dream World as well. I also beat the Eeveelution Game(it's harder than I thought, with my computer being laggy and all), but where exactly I get my prize?
    And wow, haven't been on here in a good while...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    but where exactly I get my prize?
    Wait until May 5th to find your Eeveelution in the Dream World.

I haven't even touched the Dream World since its release. Troll!Fennel always appearing on my screen turned me away from completely registering, and now that I've heard more about the Dream World from other players, I'm very "meh" about it. I might be interested to see it with my two eyes, but it doesn't sound real exciting.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Halfheartedly, I popped the Moddy Biddof I obtained form the Dreamworld onto the battle subway with nothing but its move-set and attack EVs set in, not even fully trained yet. The results, well, they shocked me. Using the protect tactic, that thing managed to destroy most of the opponents single-handedly only losing out once to a bad chain where it's accuracy was lowered for special defense. For being able to sweep with a Bidoof, along with the EV training berries that can be only gotten in the dream world, it was worth it.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • when was the dream world suppose to be out in america?
    Dream world is fun to play online but hte it when there is a limit that you can only play for one hour.

Last edited:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • To me at first when I played the Dream World it looked a bit babyish when I looked inside my Pokemon's dream however; after a while playing it I started to like the Dream World a bit more. It was pretty interesting feature and was worth the wait.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Yes, it was worth the wait, especially since I just saw EV berries in a few gardens tonight! Can't wait to get my hands on them. That was one of the main reasons I wanted Dream World, berry harvesting. I have fallen in love with the other features of the site as well, such as the games and the decorating, which I didn't think I would care for.

DemonBlood93

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Dream World was definatly worth the wait just to get Pokemon from the old Gens really easy :D

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • It was worth the wait, as I got some awesome berries and Pokemon from there, and in not that long time. Although I haven't gotten that contrary Snivy yet (because it's not released), I'm enjoying myself with this.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'd definitely say it was worth the wait, I have a lot of fun in the Dream World. :)

What I don't like, however, is the fact that we would need to wait 24 hours to play again.

I agree about the 24 hour wait, as well as only being able to play for an hour. A real pain. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from the Dream World, though it's definitely an interesting feature that I hope they continue to develop in the future.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
    Years
  • Meh, it's okay. For all the hype that was made about it, it didn't live up to my expectations. Yeah, it's cute, and the mini games are good time killers, but other than that I was left rather disappointed. A one hour time limit, an EXACT 24 hour wait, and not much to do once you get there until you harvest enough berries kind of take away from it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    meh. it's okay, it has some lacking parts though.(like only one pokemon per sleep :(.)

Gilgαmesh

So far, it's worth the wait, yeah. Because it's so early in it's release, there's probably not many things players could do, but once a few months pass and people increase their activity in the Dream World and rack up their Dream Points to a couple thousand or so and more rare Pokemon become available, then that's when I believe that the real fun begins in DW. :D;

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Meh, it's kinda worth the wait. On one hand, I'm enjoying my Moxie Mightyena, got a Harvest Exeggutor, and am glad I can finally get good berries. On the other hand, the minigames are meh, the wait times are annoying, and the general lack of things to do, especially once you've picked a Pokemon you want, is rather disappointing.

AusDon

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I just use it for the abilities, and pokemon you can't catch in Gen 5.
    Could care less about the furniture and berries.

Minigames are just a hassle.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Am I the only one who thinks the 24 hour thing is stupid? You have to wait 24 hours before you're able to use it again. I can't always do it the exact time of the the day I did it before, so It always gets pushed up further and further for how long I have to wait for it. It'll probably get to the point where I have to wait to 1:00 a.m., so I'd just have to skip that day. (Sorry, I value real dreams more than video game dreams).

In my opinion, it should be once per day. Not once every 24 hours...

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

either way its an interesting. Couldve wait longer, but that would mean waiting for random matchup :knockedou ! Any way its an interesting feature.:t376: METAGROSS

Years
  • I like the idea of it, but I want all my game to be contained within my game and not on the internet since my wireless isn't that great and I'm not always somewhere I can access it. Some kind of offline option would have been nice.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I haven't been able to find time to get on it yet, actually. :/ The general consensus from people I've talked to seems to be that it's not quite worth it, and I certainly don't see the point of it. I'd like to be able to get the berries I can't find in B/W though, because that was probably the one thing that annoyed me the most this generation.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Is there seriously no way to tell Fennel shut the Fennel up... If you understand me...

I mean I know how to do everything come on Nintendo... Seriously...

Back