• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DSi Discussion Thread

Are you going to buy the DSi?

• Definitely, I love it!

Votes: 28 29.5%
  • What a ripoff. NO

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • Whats a DSi?

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I hope!

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • maybe.

Votes: 20 21.1%

• Total voters

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    No way.

I can not believe Nintendo is trying to make us buy another DS, with a few gimmicky features added on. The DSiware is cool, but seriously, it's not enough to buy it... Other than that there's nothing really special about it, and it doesn't even play GBA games.

Seriously, Nintendo should have created a new handheld console. I'm sick of the DS rehashes. My DS from 2004 still works perfectly.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I guess if I have money I would, but I'm broke and therefore can't get it. I am, however, looking forward to getting it in the future, but for now I'll just wait and buy it some other time.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My DS Lite still looks brand new.. xD;

Sooo I can't see myself jumping at the chance to buy a DSi.. I have no use for one, and probably won't get one for quite a long time, unless of course my Lite decides to break.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I have no intentions of purchasing a DSi, primarily because all I see it as is an attempt at capitalising on the features that Sony have on their PSP. (excluding the camera, but it isn't even that good of a camera, anyway and of course, a few other things) My PSP does what I want it to, despite the obvious difference in size, and my camera works perfectly fine, so the two main features of a DSi would be pointless to me.

I'm also not too fond with its shown capabilities of photo manipulation, either. (which are probably more of a little novelty, anyway) In all honesty, the DSi looks very unimpressive to me... not to mention I only recently replaced my DS with a DSLite.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
    I have prorderd it and Hopefully getting it on Friday now (UK Launch) Should be good cant wait to check out the new DSWare and the camera etc..

Should be good :D

Years
    I'm debating on getting the DSi when I get my federal tax refund in the mail. Honestly, I'm going to get the PSP 3000 because I've been wanting to get a new one for a year.

Maybe I'll get the DSi in the near future. But my DS Lite will still be kicking it.

Years
    No way. My DS works perfectly fine...it's brand new =P Why would I want a DSi for like...a lot more money? Ohhhhhhh a camera...well, my cell phone has one of those.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    I pre-ordered it even though I shouldn't have since my ds lite is still in good shape, but I think it looks cool and I have no gba games so I don't have any use for the dslite :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My DS works fine and it accepts GBA cartridges. My Kodak digital camera also works fine, as does my laptop for web surfing (and the laptop has the added advantage of not forcing me to squint to read my email/PC posts)

I think my decision is clear.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Todoroki said:
    I pre-ordered it even though I shouldn't have since my ds lite is still in good shape, but I think it looks cool and I have no gba games so I don't have any use for the dslite :P

I hope you realize that doesn't make much sense, and is no reason to get a DSi.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I'm planning on buying it. Although there is no gameboy slot on it anymore, it looks better and you can do more things on it than the DS lite/DS

Years
    Todoroki said:
    I hope you realize that doesn't make much sense, and is no reason to get a DSi.

There may be no reason but it does make complete sense.

I will not buy it. I really only play Pokemon games on the DS lite, since it's all I have. If I get a DSi (I would need to sell my DS lite to get it.) I wouldn't be able to play my GBA games or use Pal Park. So, no.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I think you're being rather cynical here. Firstly, it's not exactly fair to include features that involve playing roms, when you're complaining about commercial systems. If you want to go down that road, you can get a netbook for a fraction more and emulate the above consoles quite effectively.

Without purchasing extra accessories, the PSP couldn't take photos last time I checked. The PSP has taken a while to drop from it's initial price, which was far more than the DSi, so it's not such an economical advantage.

The fact is, you're comparing a combination of consoles, saying that they all cover the features that the DSi has, but you're getting these features all in one console. You're perfectly within your right to be content using both the PSP and the DS, but it's there for people that want it. It makes more sense for someone to purchase this than to purchase a DSL and a PSP, unless they want the PSP Games. If there was another console that was in every way equal or superior at a lesser price, then it's fine to call the DSi a wrought, but it's safe to assume that a new console with far more features is going to be worth more, at least for the time being.

I understand that you don't have the need for it, but that's like walking into a car dealer and informing them that you already have a car that does exactly what you need it to, so they should drop their price before you get offended. Props for being articulate, though. I rarely enjoy reading posts. :D

I have to be honest, I'm not getting one yet. That's because I'm happy enough with my console for the time being and don't want to spend my money, regardless of what it costs (keep in mind I never bothered getting the DS lite, either) and I don't have the time to spend playing games on my DS, letalone a DSi. At this point in time, it simply doesn't suit me, but I'm not condemning Nintendo, nor ruling out getting a DSi in the future.

Oh no, I don't disagreee with you, I was merely trying to highlight why I feel it's a bit of a pointless update. I guess i got carried away retelling the story of my tedious experiance with that goon in GameStation.

I wiould buy a net book but it is a cumbersome device though.

SpiderCarnage

This guy
    Years
    Hey guys.. I was just wondering if you guys are excited as me about this Dsi. I cant wait! ill be going to the gamestop i work at for the midnight opening on the 4th!!!! OMG i cant wait!!!

How bout you guys? :3

an old freind of mine one an dsi chinese or japanese i cant tell i played with it, it's ok bearly any new features just dsi ware like wiiware no gba slot 3 megapixel camera & sd slot i much rather wait for the psp 2 & wii hd in a few years

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    There may be no reason but it does make complete sense.

It doesn't make sense. It would if the DS Lite only played GBA games. If that is truly the member's only reason behind getting the DSi, than they have no reason at all to get it. Both play DS games...

Back