• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DSi Discussion Thread

Are you going to buy the DSi?

• Definitely, I love it!

Votes: 28 29.5%
  • What a ripoff. NO

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • Whats a DSi?

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I hope!

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • maybe.

Votes: 20 21.1%

• Total voters

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    GBA games don't work on the DSi, so for that reason, I detest the DSi.
    Well The DSiware, you can buy old GB, GBC, and GBA Games. like the old Pokemon, and such. But I do think the DSi is a ripoff. even tho, I want it just cause the DSiware.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I'm only getting one because I need a new DS to play Platinum on. I could care less about the lack of GBA slot and the new features seem cool, I'll be getting mine Saturday at midnight.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Eh, probably not. :x My DS Lite is pretty much brand-new, and I need that GBA slot, otherwise my bucketloads of GBA games all become useless.

Years
    I'm not going to buy one, but mainly because I am getting one as a gift. My Lite is still kicking, so I going to give it to a less privileged friend of mine.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Let's see...take a DS Lite, strip away GBA functionality rendering the features of some games totally gimped (Pokemon games) and other DS games totally unplayable (Guitar Hero), then add a camera with worse quality than can be found on free cell phones, and DSi downloadable games that promise to be ridden with shovelware. Oh, and then charge $40 more than the DS Lite for it.

Nah. I don't plan on getting it. I'm happy with my Lite, and unless Nintendo starts pushing out some really compelling DSi-exclusive software, I plan on sticking with the DS Lite even if I ever need a new DS.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I wouldn't mind selling the old Phat and trading up for a DSi should I ever feel compelled to get one. But I don't need three DSes and I don't see it as anything...worthwhile at the moment.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    I might because i don't have enough money and soon hopefully and with a bit of luck i can get it.

Years
    Nah, no point. Other than Pokemon DS games have gotten SO boring to me now. So to just play Pokemon my old one will be just fine.

Lady Missie

Aspiring Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    There is no point for me to want a DSi. I'm happily using my boyfriend's DS and I have a camera phone for everything else the DSi can "do." Hell even if I wanted my own I would stay with the DSlite. I'd get the pink one and find out a way to make Mew eye's to stick to it. <3

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I still have a chunky silver DS..

I think I'll buy a DS Lite first..As they'll go down in price alot :3

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I kind of can't wait. You can do lots of things with the DSi like listen to music and take pictures. It looks so fun to use and play games on too.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I can wait, I have my trusty Red Ds lite!
    Nobody will part me from it!
    Wait . . . wheres it gone?! *turns around* Ohh there it is.
    See! xD

Crissy xX

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    If I do get a Dsi which I probably will sometime along christmas I will be keeping my old Ds so I will be able to trade bewteen d/p to my platinum.

Rolayler

The Ringmaster
    Years
    Honestly, I just think the DSi is a way Nintendo can get more money...they are making games that are DSi only and with DSi only features...honestly if I were to get a new system I would wait for the PsP 4000 inless some game that I drool over comes out for the DSi

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Well, I'l probably will buy it, since I'm not a cellphone person, and I'll get to keep my DS Lite, so I can always be able to migrate Pokémon! =D

What does this have to do with cellphones?

Back