• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Dumbest Rumour You've ever heard?

darkmewham2

Cold's catch rate- 100%. D:
Years
  • Oh, here's a stupid one I've heard. I heard that there was a wheel in the cart and that if you turned it Missingno would appear... -.-

Who heard the rumor about mew being in the back of the broken van or something, I think you had to visit the SS ANNE or something like that, It was on blue and red

Yes, that's right. Theres a truck by the SS. Anee and everyone always said that if you use strength with a lvl. 100 Mew would appear from under the truck. In FireRed/LeafGreen something does appear, but this is nothing more than a Lava Cookie... -.-;;

Last edited:

Shine Austin

But we gamble with desire.
    Years
  • The ever-so-famous "If you get a Magikarp or any Pokemon with Splash to level 90 and up, and it still knows Splash, then the move will be very powerful".

There was also the "Press UP+A when the Pokeball is in midair, and then hold A+B just as it opens up, and it'll work like a Master Ball". Though then again, that worked for me in any game. Sometimes XD Same with the "Hold DOWN+A+B when the Pokeball opens up". I didn't catch the level 70 Dialga and Palkia in Platinum in Pokeballs out of luck, after all.

I have heard this multiple of times and still believed it 0_0 I was so stupid back then.

Flaming Pikachu

My Prices are Nice Nice Baby
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Oh, i've heard my share of rumors. The infamous Mew Truck was highly popular.
    One was a Skateboard in the locked bike shop in Celurean in G/S/C. There was one about catching all Unknowns A-Z and then breeding A and Z in the daycare, and the egg would be some "God-Like" pokemon that would fly you to a PokeGod world with all of the legendaries. Then Bills Garden of course. One was a very long code to type like
    A, Up, Down, Left, B, B, B, R, L, Start, ect. That would give you infinite MasterBalls and Celebi. Then one with Mew ontop of Oak's Lab.

I love the rumors.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • It went a little something like this: If you go to the title screen in R/B/Y and wait for a Flareon to appear, you press up, down, left, then right in that order and your pokedex will be completed. I spent an entire day at my Grandma's house waiting for Flareon to appear...

He never did...

;_;

Shine Austin

But we gamble with desire.
    Years
  • It went a little something like this: If you go to the title screen in R/B/Y and wait for a Flareon to appear, you press up, down, left, then right in that order and your pokedex will be completed. I spent an entire day at my Grandma's house waiting for Flareon to appear...

He never did...

;_;

Lol, wow thats a waste of time D=

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
  • I also heard a way to catch a pokemon easyer. When you throw your pokeball rapidly press the A button. I still do it to this day...

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Getting all 251 Pokemon on G/S/C and Elm will give you a shiny Celebi. (But getting all of them was fun though, but my friend had to use an AR to get me a Celebi)

Or the Mew truck thing. But that wasn't nearly as much as an inconvinience.

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
  • R/B/Y:
    1.) Talking to a specific person (forgot who) and wait in one of the Gate houses near safforon for a week without playing you can pick up 99 masterballs. Stupid me, R/B/Y couldn't tell time.

2.)Beat the E4 50 times and talk to the old man in vermillion (one w/machop) that you will become the 9th gym leader and get to design your own gym.

3.)That a Phychic type poke can defeat the unidentified ghosts.

G/S/C:
    1.) Surf near Cinnabar and a red tentacool will appear and give you the GS ball.

2.) (I made this one up) That on the route right of Vermillion giant venusaurs would kill you and you would see your guy in a coffin. (my friends believed this and avoided the area)

3.)rubbing Red's "dusty PC" (I don't know how you'd "rub" it, but w/e) that you could get a special item or something.

Note: I was around the age of 5 for the R/B/Y ones, and around 7 for the G/S/C rumors.

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    The dumbest rumor...well it was more dumb of me to believe this one. Someone told me that if you catch one of the legendary dogs in GS, you had to keep it in your party because if you put it in the box it would run away. This scared the sh*t out of me and so I NEVER caught the dogs...and now the save batteries on my Silver and Crystal have been dead for 2 years...yeah...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    R/B/Y:

You can go to the Orange Islands via some hidden route near the Victory Road

That there were Johto Pokemon, in the grass behind the boundary in route one on the left and right sides of the route.\

That you can battle Prof. Oak after you capture every single Pokemon and that he has a lv.100 Mew

That if you take the Aerodactyl you get from the R&D on Cinnabar Island and raise to a high lvl, and then release it then go to the Pokemon league and start losing to Lance, Aerodactyl will fly back to you and help you defeat Lance by pwning his Pokemon with Sky Attacks and Hyper Beams.

G/S/C

That Snorlax had his own "special attack" called " Dynamic Slap" and that if use at the entrance of Mt. Silver, Snorlax will destroy the mountain and will reveal 4 new TMs, Fire Slap, Ice Slap, Thunder Slap, and Water Slap.

That you breed the Red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage with a regular Ditto, it will breed a Blue Magikarp

I was about 6 when the R/B/Y rumors surfaced and 7 when the G/S/C rumors appeared

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    That you breed the Red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage with a regular Ditto, it will breed a Blue Magikarp

I once heard that if you kept the Red Scale instead of getting the Exp. Share, you could give it to a Magikarp and when it evolved, it would be a red Gyarados.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    I was told (G/S/E Time) that if the leaf stone was used on a happy Eevee then it would become a pokemon named Leafeon, but that was a lie. I spent ages earning a Leaf Stone, then getting my Eevee happy only to have it evolve into Espeon/Umbreon.

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • haha, aww that must have been so frustrating. I once heard a rumor that in ruby and sapphire, if you got the red orb and the blue orb, with kyogre and groudon being the only pokemon in your party, you would get rayquaza, and a thing called the green orb, which if you gave to those people on mt.pyre, they would give you a mew, as a gift for finding the lost orb. what is this!?!

~MasterMind~

⌊C u r i o s i t y ♫ ♥⌉
    Years
  • in Red and Blue...or just blue i forgot if you do some weird thing by cinnabar islands or somthing and a missingo would appear?
    i thought it was very dumb

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    @~MasterMind~: That's both Red and Blue. And I think you're telling a true glitch. Talk to the Old Man in Viridian, get him to show you catching Weedle, fly to cinnabar island, and ride along the side, you'll meet 'M, MissingNo., and maybe some over level 100 Pokémon. It's all TRUE.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • The dumbest one I've ever heard...hm...I guess it'd be that if you walked on every tile in the game 3 times, you would be able to fight oak. Then, if you lost, he'd give you a magikarp. If you won, he gave you a level 200 mewtwo. Such a lie and I spent half my summer doing it. I hate that website!

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    The Missingno thing is real, I've done it several times in Blue.

I heard that you could catch other trainer's pokemon (obviously fake once you try it).

pkemaniac999

in need of help for a hack, pm
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2015
    Stupid rumors

This one made me angry : ( my cousin made it up )

If you got mew and mewtwo and put them in the day care center in GSC, they would breed and then you have to make a new game and you will start with a mewthree that knows all the attacks in the game

It took me forever but it didnt work

;_;

Back