• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dumbest thing you have EVER seen on Pokemon?

Liz

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2005
    I don't think Team Rocket loses because they're the bad guys.
    They're simply weak, and nothin' else. Have they ever won a real, fair battle?
    No! So this means Arbok and Wheezing are also weak (I wonder why they could evolve). It isn't a surprise for me that Phanpy has won against TR.

Don't misunderstand me, I also think Team Rocket is very important for the TV show, I like them, I only think they aren't so good trainers ;)

Absolkid

The best Absol Trainer!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 2, 2005
    Liz said:
    No! So this means Arbok and Wheezing are also weak (I wonder why they could evolve). It isn't a surprise for me that Phanpy has won against TR.

Don't misunderstand me, I also think Team Rocket is very important for the TV show, I like them, I only think they aren't so good trainers ;)

Ekans and Koffing evolved because they were either battling or they had emotions for Jessie and James.

Another thing, can't Ash catch more pokemon than earning them? There's Charmander, Squirtle, Torkoal, Heracross and more!

Flannery

~Shippings Lover~
    Years
  • Liz said:

You are wrong. Do you remember episode "Princess vs Princess" ? Jessie won a lot of fights there. In episode about Kyorge and Groudon, James`s Cacnea won with TM`s pokemon. So how you see, Jessie and James don`t have so bad pokemon. Only, this is a show for kids. Tradition is, J&J&M always lose.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    When they're fighting on the good side, they can win, but if they're fighting on the bad side, and trying to catch Pikachu, they always lose.

It's just the good always triumphs over evil cliche...

Liz

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2005
    Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot about that episode :)

Well, if I was Ash or someone else, I would interrupt TR when they say their motto.
    Things like ehem.."shut up" or "We already know about that"...
    But they're always so polite and let them finish their sentences. That's funny xD

Years
  • Elite Trainer Raven said:
    Since when has May ever challenged a Gym Leader? o_o
    I meant if some newbi were to come along (like May) then they wouldn't stand a chance against the gym leader's strong Pok?mon.

And if I recall, in some of teh older episodes, Ash interrupted TR's motto thing, but not in any recent shows. That's a dissapointment

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
  • Every One Of The Movies(Don't Get Me Wrong, I Love The Movies, But They Are Dumb)
    Because Ash Always Sees Rare Pokemon, And Dosen't even Attemt To Catch Them. Let's Go Over The List:
    Mew Vs. Mewtwo:
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Pokemon 2000
    Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Lugia
    Spell Of The Unknown
    Unknown
    Entei
    Mewtwo Returns:
    Ultra Powerfull Clones
    Mewtwo
    Pokemon 4ever
    Celebi
    Suicune
    Pokemon Heros
    Latios
    Latias
    Jirachi Wish Maker
    Jirachi
    Groundon
    Soon To Be Destiny Deoxys
    Deoxys(Attack, Defense, Regular AND Speed Forms!)
    Rayquaza

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    When Pikachu is facing Blaine's Rhydon

Ash: "Aim for its horn!!!"

Pikachu: " PIKACHUUUUU"

OHKO

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    One of the few things that annoys me about the shows is how Ash and the gang can never seem to recognize Team Rocket when they're wearing their disguises. (Even if they're extremely simple, like maybe Jessie has her hair tied back and is wearing glasses or something!) It just makes them all look like such airheads, lol. O_o The least the people who draw the characters could do is make their costumes a bit more unique and stuff. I'm not saying they're all like that, because I've seen some good ones, but most of the time you can easily recognize Team Rocket.

And yeah, I'd have to agree with how it's weird that Ash is always the one who meets up with the rare Pok?mon. *scratches head* It kinda makes it unrealistic... They could atleast give the other characters more chances and stuff!

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Boy, do I gotta keep using this anology? Think in terms of Superman/Clark Kent. No one but us viewers can see that Clark Kent is Superman with glasses on. It's hard for the people in the show to tell it's them, while it's made blatantly obvious for us.

Remember, Satoshi is the MAIN CHARACTER of the show. That alone makes him special. It'd be boring to not show any of the Legendary Pok?mon. o_o But do remember that he's not the only one that's seen 'em. We have Todd who spotted Articuno, a child that's befriended a baby Lugia before Satoshi ever met one, Euisune has seen Suicune and Raikou, Kenta/Marina/Jun'ichi all met Raikou as well, two standard Johto filler characters met Entei and Zapdos..

Spoilers AHOY!

Team Magma got a hold of Kyogre and Team Aqua got a hold of Groudon much before Satoshi-tachi caught a glimpse of them.

So Satoshi isn't the ONLY one who meets 'em. Hell, even Masato developed a bond with Jirachi whereas the others didn't.

Years
  • Probably just Team Rocket in general. They waste too much time. I know they're star characters and all but... They don't have to waste half of a gym battle episode digging under the gym and end up getting blasted off.

Also, this scenario:

*Team Rocket comes inside a mecha!!!*

Ash: PIKACHU, THUNDER BOLT IT!!1!"

Pikachu: PIIIIIIIIIKAAAAAAAAACHUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

*There is no effect!*

Ash: WHAT'S WRONG???

I know sometimes it works but God, why does Ash act surprised when it does not?

A lot of the Johto fillers too. Where was the originality? I was really tired of Brock and Misty by then too. Especially Misty.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • cold_katanagirl said:
    Probably just Team Rocket in general. They waste too much time. I know they're star characters and all but... They don't have to waste half of a gym battle episode digging under the gym and end up getting blasted off.

Also, this scenario:

*Team Rocket comes inside a mecha!!!*

Ash: PIKACHU, THUNDER BOLT IT!!1!"

Pikachu: PIIIIIIIIIKAAAAAAAAACHUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

*There is no effect!*

Ash: WHAT'S WRONG???

I know sometimes it works but God, why does Ash act surprised when it does not?

A lot of the Johto fillers too. Where was the originality? I was really tired of Brock and Misty by then too. Especially Misty.
    Remember there's been quite the number of times where the Rocket Gang forgets to make themselves shock proof. Although the original doesn't exactly go as far as to have him go "What's wrong?!" More like "What the..?" or whatever way to fill in the "Nani?" mouthflap.

Years
  • Remember there's been quite the number of times where the Rocket Gang forgets to make themselves shock proof. Although the original doesn't exactly go as far as to have him go "What's wrong?!" More like "What the..?" or whatever way to fill in the "Nani?" mouthflap.
    Eh, I was just exaggerating.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I thinik that the names of all the Hoeun eps. are stupid because they are all puns and the johto journies eps. I mean come on names like "Having A Wailord of a time " and "Come What May" are all just puns.

Satan'sLittleHelper

a.k.a Stoner Chris
    Years
  • I think the dumbest thing about the show is that pokemon say their names. Not all of them, fortunately, some like Onix just roar or whatever. But most of the name-sayers are sooo annoying, like cyndaquill. Is it like that in the japanese version? Or was that just a lame idea from 4kids?

Back