• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 Expo Discussion Thread

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I'm going to be watching all of them. Especially looking forward to Nintendo's because I want to see Project Cafe, some new 3DS announcements, Skyward Sword, and hopefully some news on Xenoblade and The Last Story. Sony has the NGP that should be interesting, and Ubisoft will hopefully show us Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Even though the 360 is probably my favorite console of the three, MS really doesn't have anything that I'm interested in this year...of course, I could be surprised during the conference.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I'm waiting for the Nintendo conference- all I know until now can be just described as "Hype". I have heard rumours of the following:

- Cafe will actually be called "Nintendo". Yeah. The "Nintendo Nintendo" or something XD Easier to remember.

- Super Mario World 3 as a launch title. Will be more similar to SM64, as in you can enter a world and get the last star right away if you feel like it.

- Super Smash Bros. 4. I have heard it called "Paradise", but who knows.

- New pokémon game, a la Colosseum/XD.

- Online developed by Valve (o_O)

- Several games: Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Endless Ocean, Mario Kart, Kirby, Donkey Kong Country Returns 2, a Zelda Series Collection, Silent Hill Downpour, some Shin Megami Tensei game (Persona 5?), GTA V (not exclusive, of course), and Fallout 3 or 4.

Last edited:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I'm waiting for the Nintendo conference- all I know until now can be just described as "Hype". I have heard rumours of the following:

- Cafe will actually be called "Nintendo". Yeah. The "Nintendo Nintendo" or something XD Easier to remember.

- Super Mario World 3 as a launch title. Will be more similar to SM64, as in you can enter a world and get the last start right away if you feel like it.

- Online developed by Valve (o_O)

- Several games: Pimin, Animal Crossing, Endless Ocean, Mario Kart, Kirby, Donkey Kong Country Returns 2, a Zelda Series Collection, Silent Hill Downpour, some Shin Megami Tensei game (Persona 5?), GTA V (not exclusive, of course), and Fallout 3 or 4.

Right, I'm sure they're all rumours and definitely not something for me to get my panties into a fanboy-ish twist..But oh my god, that sounds like my wet dreams all over again.

Anyway, the only thing I'm not looking forward to is staying up until about 3am just to watch the Sony Press Conference. I'm selling my PS3 if they don't impress me.

Years
    Well, E3 kicks off in less than three hours.
    I will be on IRC to get the chat going! Or you can add me on MSN which is in my info if you all want to chat!

E3!​

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I probably won't be up for Microsoft's E3 conference, but I will try and catch the Sony one for a little bit. this NGP thing really does intrigue me, but only in the sense that I want to see how they say it's going to compete against the 3DS.

I'm mainly waiting for Nintendo's thing, which I'm just waiting on Project Cafe, something Mario and something Starfox mainly. I wouldn't be surprised if they mentioned anything like Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus etc.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Just under 4 hours before the G4 coverage starts, so I'm definitely looking forward to it - especially since I actually got up fairly early today. And waiting to see which rumors are true is half the fun of the Expo.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I'm not going to stay up late to watch any conferences. Except Nintendo. I refuse to stay up until like, whenever it finishes, which would be pretty late about some gaming information I don't really want to know about. >_>

All I know is that tomorrow night, coffee will be my best friend.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I don't get G4 (blame DirecTV for taking it off), so I have to wait until the news leaks on to the gaming sites.

Very keen to see what Nintendo have in store at this years Expo. Especially after Rumored: Nintendo's Project Cafe's Leaked Game List hit the internet recently.

This is a fake, I can tell it's fake, whenever something big like this happens, people start making rumors about it, and they are almost always false.

I'm waiting for the Nintendo conference too, since all Microsofts conference will be is a bunch of M rated shooters and sports games, all of which are out of my interest.

Isn't that a little redundant, it will not likely be called that, game consoles are never just named after the company that made them, they usually have a title, like the Sega Genesis was called the Genesis because it was the first system to have 16 bit graphics, it will likely have an awesome sounding name, like the Z Tower or something like that…..

-Super Mario World 3 as a launch title. Will be more similar to SM64, as in youcan enter a world and get the last star right away if you feel like it.

This one I will believe, Mario is the face of Nintendo, he always gets a game as a consoles launch title, but I do not think that it will be called that, as Mario games always have a gimmick, such as Super Mario Galaxy, in which Mario is IN SPACE, and usually introduces new characters and items, as well as new gameplay elements.

This is another one I will believe, but calling a fighting game "Paradise" is rather strange, it will likely be called something like Super Smash Bros Z, or Clash, so something along the lines of that.

I'll be furious if they replace Lucario with that wannabe Zoroark, and I'll be happy if they put Mewtwo back in, and maybe put in Krystal, so that all the Star Fox characters are not clones of each other.

This one I am not sure of yet, despite all of the hype for one of these games.

- Online developed by Valve(o_O)

No, just no, Valve would never do anything for Nintendo, they do PC and Playstation stuff, so I do not believe this.

- Several games: Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Endless Ocean, Mario Kart, Kirby, Donkey Kong Country Returns 2, a Zelda Series Collection, Silent Hill Downpour, some Shin Megami Tensei game (Persona 5?), GTA V (not exclusive, of course), and Fallout 3 or 4.

There already is an Animal Crossing game coming out for the 3DS, but not much is known about it yet…..

Last edited:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    My god that was an awful, awful conference yet again from Microsoft.

Just..eurgh...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    That was terrible. Was sat chatting with CF while watching it and nothing stood out at all. It was all about Kinect again and it just looked fail.

And my most waited for one, (fable) was a complete joke. It looked like a rip off of oblivion and was only given the fable names for sales.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Tomb Raider and Modern Warfare 3 gave me chills! Why do they make games so realistic and intense! :(

I watched it with my brother and we kinda lul'd about Sesame Street and Disneyland. That's about as hardcore as Microsoft is gonna get. B)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    MW3 hasn't really done anything for me. I think with them releasing that COd:Elite it has made me lose interest in it.

Tomb Raider also reminded me to much of Uncharted 2 opening. Seemed very much the same.

Kinetick sports looked exactly the same as wii sports, same style, same games, with some extras, I cried at the guysplaying american football though. They were so serious. lol

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    The Tomb Raider teaser made me laugh because Lara Croft sounds just plain ridiculous and weak. Nice job, guys.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    They could have made the MW3 intro gameplay a bit longer, I think MW2 and BO had longer ones than that.

I think Tomb Raider looks really good, though I do agree about her voice. It's rather annoying if you ask me.

What really got my attention was Mass Effect 3 and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier's integration of Kinect though. So cool, especially with Ghost Recon's weapon customization stuff. That was so awesome, it's ridiculous! Giving out commands and orders in Mass Effect 3 was really cool too.

I also saw Need for Speed: The Run... that gameplay looks really cool. I'm loving the whole gameplay of getting out of your car at times and running on foot and whatnot. It was some really action packed gameplay, kinda made me think of it as the CoD of racing games haha.

Speaking of CoD, reminds me of the whole BF3 vs. MW3 arguments. I honestly preferred MW3's gameplay than BF3. Every time I play a BF game, I just get bored out of my mind. The game looks beautiful, that's a certainty and it definitely beats MW3's graphics... but the gameplay itself I just found boring.

And by the way... the open world of Arkham City looks friggin spectacular! I cannot wait to play that game.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    EA one was ok. Very interested in the new Fifa features...But that's really it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Microsoft was terrible, but Mass Effect 3 was the "highlight" of that poor conference. Judging from the trailer, it'll have even less RPG elements, bring mediocre cover based shooting back, and make combat even more action oriented(stabbing an enemy with the Omni-Tool? Seriously Bioware?) than Mass Effect 2. Chances are the endings will be virtually the same as well.

It'll win multiple RPG of the year awards.
    E3 Expo Discussion Thread

Back