• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Eeveelution Additions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Flying / Ground combo.

I could never picture a Dragon evolution actually happening - as cool as it'd be.

Bay

Years
    I think a Flying and Steel type would satisfy me this generation. It's probably possible that we'll have another two (or three?) Eeveelutions added to the PokéDex though. As said, it's like a tradition in a way (excluding the third generation, sadly). I have a slight more wanting for a Flying type, and my only reason for this is because after watching a recent Japanese episode of the Pokémon anime and seeing this:

Spoiler:

... My likeness towards one grew. A steel type would just be pure awesome though and if it can be just as well designed as Umbreon, then I'm sure it'll be quite popular amongst many. I always liked the Eeveelution lines, so for me, it's the more the merrier - at least as long as they keep looking as good as they do now. >_>;
    Haha, I was about to mention that. XD: *points to sig and avatar* Yeah, I so would like a flying type (or maybe even a dragon type) eeveelution too because it would kick butt if it looks like that and also different possibilities of the attacks it can use. Other than that though, I think it'll be too much for poor Eevvee is able to evolve into more different species. D:

It seems like the ones they're adding on are ones that combat one another (Dark is super-effective to Psychic), so keeping in that respect, I think Dragon would probably be the best next one seeing as how it's super-effective on itself. (does that sound weird? >_>)
    Yeah, true. Also, keep in mind the different methods of evolving Eevee each generation (stones first gen, friendship/love second gen, training at a specific location fourth gen). Actually, that does make sense if BW will only put up one new eeveelution.

Last edited:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    I'll jump on the bandwagon and say Dragon type eeveelution. Please? :D

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Steel, Fighting, Poison, Ghost, and Flying are a must for me!

Here's a rather radical idea:

Giving each of Eevee's forms an evolution. Flareon evolves into Inferneon, Vaporeon into Hydreon, Jolteon into Electreon, Espeon into Soleon, Umbreon into Luneon, Leafeon into Foreseon, and Glaceon into Haileon. Just an idea, and may byump them up to OU.

Ayselipera

I've always liked the Eeveelutions so of course I want more. This is pretty much the only old Pokemon I want more of. Ever since Leafeon and Glaceon debuted I've been craving a steel type. I guess I'll just add a dragon type too since that would finish off the special group that Eevee has been running on for a while now.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Eeveelution thread, huh? Well, what do I think? Keep them coming, really. I just like the idea of Eevee being the ultimate adapter in the pokemon world, other then Arceus, obviously. But would I like them to be introduced at once? No. Just finish up Special with and continue Physical types, by adding Steel. That's what I think, anyway.

Years
    I wouldn't mind seeing a nice ghost one (we need more ghost types) or a poison one.

I guess they could also make a normal evolution for eevee that can then be used with a fire/water/thunderstone to create a higher form of flareon/vaporeon/jolteon, although it probably wouldn't work.

yeah a pure ghost evo would be nice since there arent many of them, and i think a regular normal evolution of eevee would be cool, along with steel, ground and ghost. their should be one eevvlution for each type by the time everything is said and done

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I think that since they already have Eeveelutions of other types, they should make more for the rest of the remaining types.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    I hope they don't. There are some types whose Eeveelution representations just wouldn't work very well, like Fighting. I think that they did well with the "elemental" types like fire, water, ice, grass, etc. but I can't see them making a Bug-type Eevee. :\

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I think the only likely ones to appear in G5 would be two of the following: Ghost, Steel, Poison, Rock and Ground.

I'm predicting Steel/Poison since they are opposite types.

The rest of the types simply don't need an Eeveeloution in my opinon.

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
    Years
    Ah, Eevee. Some people keep saying how they don't think there should be anymore eeveelutions since "enough is enough". But once I think about it, they seem to be in too deep. With seven of them already, I think they might have no choice to continue it (Well, not really, but I would like them to keep going). And as for me, I'd really love to see a dragon eeveelution, as well as steel, like what others suggested.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    As weird as it would be for one Pokemon to have 16 different evolutions (excluding Normal), I think it would be interesting if there were eventually ones for each type. They may just stick with the original "special" types and only add Dragon, but since Eevee is based off of the concept of evolution it would be fitting that it could have an evolution for each type. Maybe it's just because I'm a big fan of the Eeveelutions.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm surprised that Eevee has been able to keep a physical shape with all those evolutions. It's DNA is insanely unstable.

But I wouldn't mind a steel Eevee, or a Poison one, I guess. Maybe I would actually have one of those types for my team is it happened. I can't see a Flying Eevee, a Fighting Eevee, or a Dragon Eevee though. Can't see a Bug Eevee either.

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I'm surprised that Eevee has been able to keep a physical shape with all those evolutions. It's DNA is insanely unstable.

But I wouldn't mind a steel Eevee, or a Poison one, I guess. Maybe I would actually have one of those types for my team is it happened. I can't see a Flying Eevee, a Fighting Eevee, or a Dragon Eevee though. Can't see a Bug Eevee either.

Poison is actually a really cool idea. It's such an underpowered type though... I hope they add some new base 95+ power attacks for my new Toxeon to learn!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back