• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elder Scrolls Discussion

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    Intermittently. I never really 'play' it as such anymore. I've yet to actually finish the bleeding thing, despite having nearly 200 hours to date; all that side content is far too enticing.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Funnily enough, yeah, I started a new playthrough of Skyrim a few weeks ago. Almost forgot how much I love the world of Skyrim and exploring it. So much stuff to do on it XD

I just REALLY hope that the Thieve's Guild questline doesn't bug out on me again.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I just REALLY hope that the Thieve's Guild questline doesn't bug out on me again.
    That's completely irrelevant. We all know that the Dark Brotherhood questlie is where it's at (I'm not at all bitter about the fact that I forgot to back up a save half way through the TG line and lost said save and couldn't be bothered to pick it up again).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    That's completely irrelevant. We all know that the Dark Brotherhood questlie is where it's at (I'm not at all bitter about the fact that I forgot to back up a save half way through the TG line and lost said save and couldn't be bothered to pick it up again).
    I'm doing both (and the College of Winterhold too).

But yeah, you just can't do a Skyrim playthrough without joining the Dark Brotherhood =)

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I'm doing both (and the College of Winterhold too).

But yeah, you just can't do a Skyrim playthrough without joining the Dark Brotherhood =)
    I loved the College of Winterhold, but the ending is just so disappointing. The whole thing just feels really short. Skyrim didn't do nearly enough with magic.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to the questlines in Skyrim, my favorite ones would have to be the Companions, the Dark Brotherhood, and the Civil War. When it comes to the Civil War questline, on different playthroughs, I tend to join either the Imperial Legion or the Stormcloaks. I don't join one side up until the Jagged Crown quest and then switch to the other side.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I used to love Skyrim, but then I let a friend borrow my copy. I don't know what he did to it, but when I got it back, it was covered in a blue film, and my disc drive didn't recognize it.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I've played it a couple of weeks ago, mainly going for guild mastering and Daedric quests. I think the only guild I haven't mastered, yet, is the Thieves Guild, mainly because the radiant quests good boring really fast... also there seem to still be some bugs that could intervene with becoming master.

With the College that's another story. I don't know how long it took me to figure out, what I had to do; also it seems like the whole quest was a little bit bugged, too, which didn't really help, either.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Yeah, I came back to it now that I have access to my good computer.

I started from scratch: deleted my many, many gigabytes of mods and focused on only one character. Then, I went to the Nexus and downloaded the essentials (Requiem, Frostfall, Realistic Needs and Diseases, among others) and got to playing. Man, when you really play it right, Requiem makes Skyrim exponentially more fun.

Generally, I can't play Skyrim without mods, I was one of those people that bought the game at launch and, upon playing it, responded with "huh," since I was expecting a lot more than I got (but I've spoken about this in great detail before, Oblivion 1.25 and all that jazz). Back then, there were no mods and, while we knew they were coming, what could be done with the game at the time was very limited.

Now, you have mods like Moonpath to Elsweyr and Falksaar which add entirely new regions to the game and mods like Frostfall and Realistic Needs that make the game feel more immersive than you could ever imagine. I don't exactly know why I'm just having fun with all this now (well, I had fun before, but not THIS much fun)- I've played with a plethora of mods before, but if I had to guess, it comes from the fact that I've taken a lot more care in selecting what would be added to the game. It's been a fun romp.

And on a side note, what I feel is one of the greatest mods, Requiem, is hard as all hell. It requires a lot more thinking, strategy, and forethought, and coupled with Frostfall and RND (which, the three combined, make the game incredibly immersive. More brutal, but a lot more fun), will have you always conscious of your character's well-being. I started out with my player saves in the 200s, and with just one character over about a week and a few days, I've reached into the thousands.

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I almost started a new playthrough, but I want a copy with a few mods on it. I have the 360 version, since my computer can't run highly extensive games, and I've seen console games with a few of the mods on it. I want them, haha.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I almost started a new playthrough, but I want a copy with a few mods on it. I have the 360 version, since my computer can't run highly extensive games, and I've seen console games with a few of the mods on it. I want them, haha.
    I would recommend just using your PC if you want to use mods. Apart from console version modding being ill-advised by most users, there are also regulations against doing so by the companies that create the consoles. Plus, it's far more trouble than it's worth to play the game modded on consoles; you might as well just play vanilla there. On the PC it takes but a couple seconds. That and there isn't exactly the largest support for console version modding, so if you mess up, it's pretty much left up to troubleshooting.

Plus, it really doesn't take much to run Skyrim. It's not the easiest game to run, but it certainly isn't that hard.

Years
  • Funnily enough, yeah, I started a new playthrough of Skyrim a few weeks ago. Almost forgot how much I love the world of Skyrim and exploring it. So much stuff to do on it XD

Ah Thieves omg. I have never went through it, I only started it. Cant wait to start Skyrim again this or next week, or anytime soon lol. I keep saying Im resuming but cant get to it.
    Cant wait to do some virtual stealing lol.

I almost started a new playthrough, but I want a copy with a few mods on it. I have the 360 version, since my computer can't run highly extensive games, and I've seen console games with a few of the mods on it. I want them, haha.

The only thing I want to do after doing some other missions is download downguard and get myself some huskies :D

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Man I haven't played Skyrim in forever, mostly because of school. I beat the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood and the mage school up in Windhelm's quests so I became a bit bored. I didn't want to rush through the main questline with Alduin either and I have yet to do the Civil War quest but I heard it was so glitchy and buggy.

I love Skyrim though. I wish I could marry Erik, but they never fixed that bug or whatever the issue was, so I can't :/ I was gonna go with Onmund but his side profile plus he killed 4 of my glorious steeds already by thunder bolting them to death so nah. Erik's voice is just to die for and it's so cute how he wants to go adventuring and learn the ways of adventuring. I crafted dragon armor for the both of us but he refuses to wear the helmet and prefers the ebony one.

Only thing I wish for is that I'd get more dragon spawns in my game. I literally have to go to a dragon location to fight one every time, except on maybe 2-3 occasions I got ambushed. It would be more fun if the spawn rate would increase. I would like to say it's because of the part I'm on in Alduin's questline but I've never gotten very many spawns to begin with ever since the start of the game >_>

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • One thing I like about the Dragons in Skyrim is that ones that different kinds start spawning when you are at certain levels. Course three of the different kinds require both Dragonborn and Dawnguard downloaded. For one of my characters, I am getting close to level 55. Once I hit that level, I will start encountering Serpentine Dragons, course only while on Solstheim.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I just want to chime in and say that this song and its variation are amazing.

Spoiler:

I personally prefer The Jerall Mountains :P I know Oblivion has a somewhat similar version, but it sounds more like a unique theme.

Elite Four Grimsley

flipping the coin of fate
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Despite having played Skyirm through and through on the ps3, is it worth it to buy it on PC and play it anew with mods? HMMM

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Despite having played Skyirm through and through on the ps3, is it worth it to buy it on PC and play it anew with mods? HMMM

I just got the base game for $5, deal still active for another day. The Legend bundle with all the DLC is only $13.00

What is weird about the game is that I level up faster when I'm not questing. (Stealing all the soul gems to level Enchanting.)

I'm Playing an Argonian Battle Mage. Melee is usually the fastest approach to killing enemy mages.

I just randomly found a Dragon Den. Hardest fight of my game (standard Dragon). Immediately, a Zombie Wizard shows up and pounds me with Fireballs. I won, but my companion was lost... So I had to do it again! That rod of Fireball was More than worth it though!! (and yes, I know the masks are a thing i need to keep :15:)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'd say give it a spin on the PC. Like Quincy pointed out, it's not really that expensive, and all the mods people have made will give you a fresh experience even if you've played Skyrim to death (or so I think). That and when the game glitches out on you, you can probably get around it with a console command.

I have my own question too. I just got the Skeleton Key and I noticed that it acts as an unbreakable lockpick. I know that I'm supposed to return it to Nocturnal, but is there any reason to? If I give her the Key back, do I get anything good outta it? Is the Skeleton Key even worth it?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    I think the mods are worth it. It's not just graphical stuff, there are tons of dedicated modders who create entire new guilds and storylines and lots of extra content, definitely worth checking out. And as mentioned, Skyrim goes on sale for very little money quite often these days.

I have my own question too. I just got the Skeleton Key and I noticed that it acts as an unbreakable lockpick. I know that I'm supposed to return it to Nocturnal, but is there any reason to? If I give her the Key back, do I get anything good outta it? Is the Skeleton Key even worth it?

It depends on your playstyle - completing the Thieves' Guild questline 100% will aid you if play a stealth character (you get to activate certain powers and get a set of decent stealth armor) and/or if you are heavily invested in the Thieves' Guild storyline. But otherwise you can just keep it indefinitely, and hand it in whenever you like. And whether or not the key is worth it depends on if you're normally good at lockpicking or not. :P

Back