• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elder Scrolls Discussion

Sir Codin

Despite having played Skyirm through and through on the ps3, is it worth it to buy it on PC and play it anew with mods? HMMM
    All of those mods out there are pretty much the reason why real Elder Scrolls fans choose PC, so yeah, it's worth it.

Also, I've been reading up on things lately and I'm pretty much tempted to drop Skyrim and continue on with Morrowind. Reasons for this include:

- Haven't beaten it yet and I really want to
    - Morrowind feels more like a traditional WRPG than Skyrim (reasons include more choice on how to resolve quests and combat being more gauged by stats than in Skyrim)
    - You can kill ANYONE, even quest important NPCs. Just for lulz
    - No children

The only downside to Morrowind is that no notable memes come from it as far as I know. Skyrim had "Arrow In The Knee", which totally wishes it were at least even a quarter as cool as Oblivion's "STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!"

Last edited:

Elite Four Grimsley

flipping the coin of fate
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    All of those mods out there are pretty much the reason why real Elder Scrolls fans choose PC, so yeah, it's worth it.
    What is a "real" Elder Scrolls fan? Please extrapolate, I don't seem to understand. Do they have certification?

Sir Codin

What is a "real" Elder Scrolls fan? Please extrapolate, I don't seem to understand. Do they have certification?
    Well, according to most players, PC is the only way to go.

It's just another one of those "PC Master Race" jests.

Elite Four Grimsley

flipping the coin of fate
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Well, according to most players, PC is the only way to go.

It's just another one of those "PC Master Race" jests.

Honestly that PC Master Race is so cringe worthy.

Anyway, I think I might grab it for PC! Should be fun. Any suggestions on mods?

Sir Codin

Honestly that PC Master Race is so cringe worthy.

Anyway, I think I might grab it for PC! Should be fun. Any suggestions on mods?

- Smeltdown
    - Left Hand Rings
    - Moonpath to Elsweyr
    - College of Winterhold Improved
    - Spend Dragon Souls for Perks
    - Lots More Followers
    - Magic Scaling
    - Bandoliers - Bags and Pouches
    - When Vampires Attack (If you get Dawnguard, this mod will make NPCs run inside buildings for shelter when vampires attack, instead of standing outside like idiots to be slaughtered)

There are probably a few others I could list, but that's a good start. Steam Workshop has tons of good mods available.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I started a new character since I recently-ish got a new xbox, and the first thing I did after Helgen was march to the Labyrinthian and spend the next hour stealthily taking out the drougars, and finally, the deathlord. So now I'm a level six archer with an Ebony bow. It might be cheating a lot little, but hey, it was a lot more difficult than I expected and required a lot of patience, so I don't feel bad about it, haha. I forgot how broken sneak was in this game.

Now I just need better arrows...

Do you guys kind of exploit the games like this?

Sir Codin

I started a new character since I recently-ish got a new xbox, and the first thing I did after Helgen was march to the Labyrinthian and spend the next hour stealthily taking out the drougars, and finally, the deathlord. So now I'm a level six archer with an Ebony bow. It might be cheating a lot little, but hey, it was a lot more difficult than I expected and required a lot of patience, so I don't feel bad about it, haha. I forgot how broken sneak was in this game.

Now I just need better arrows...

Do you guys kind of exploit the games like this?
    I don't know, I'm usually too busy exploring or roleplaying to go out of my way to create broken character builds in the vanilla game.

I do like taking advantage of mods that make you overpowered, though.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've often wished I had a pc capable of actually playing games on just for the purpose of mods. There's a lot of really cool mods for skyrim alone, like wizard battle. It's been a while since I've looked up mods just for the fun of it, but there's hundreds upon hundreds of them that just look like a big old bundle of fun and I wish I could play them but ya know, early 2000's laptop that can't do shit.

Sir Codin

With the Random Start mod for Skyrim, I'm thinking of playing a fun game where I'm just roleplaying as some random schmuck instead of a Dragonborn.

Maybe a Paladin? Classic D&D Paladin: only use healing spell or spells that seem like divine spells, uphold virtues of honor and law, do not loot dead bodies unless absolutely necessary, do not hoard massive amounts of gold, and everything I get must come from either buying it, making it, or finding it in ruins/treasure chests. Donate money to the poor often. Focused skills: One-Handed or Two-Handed, Heavy Armor, Restoration, Smithing

Or maybe I can just be a brutal psychopath of a barbarian and kill everyone I see and pillage and burn.

So many options.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    ESO is finally abandoning subscriptions in March! It'll just be a one-time fee for the game now, I think I might check it out.

Sir Codin

Race: Dark Elf
    Class: Better Than You

Time to fuck around with the politics of Vvardenfell.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Despite having played Skyirm through and through on the ps3, is it worth it to buy it on PC and play it anew with mods? HMMM

I would say so. I have dealt with Oblivion on the console and switched to the PC. It was so much better and I never regret doing it. The same thing happened with their Fallout games. The PC is amazing for it's power and accessibility to fix things that can break your game, but the consoles keep me honest. No '~' add.playerinventory 'F' 1000000000000000000000000 on the console haha.

The Elder Scrolls is an amazing world. All except Online. . . we can shovel dirt on the coffin because it's toast. It wasn't even the main team that threw it together and the hate it receives is rightfully just. Let's hope they make hidden Mai'q the Liar jokes in the Elder Scrolls Six.

I can see it now:

"Spiders? Mai'q killed a giant spider once, and only got one gold piece"
    "Why would you want to pay for something every month? Mai'q doesn't understand this."
    "Mai'q once saw a boat light on fire with nothing but the sun. Not as effective as you'd think"
    "Mai'q has been thinking of buying a horse. I better save up more because everything Mai'q kills only has one gold piece"

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • ESO is finally abandoning subscriptions in March! It'll just be a one-time fee for the game now, I think I might check it out.
    What. No way, brilliant! Surely there's a catch though?

Now I can get involved without having to pay a nasty subscription fee while I'm waiting for Elder Scrolls VI. There's rumour it's said to release some time in 2016 (makes sense according to their release pattern) but like usual I wouldn't gamble on it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    What. No way, brilliant! Surely there's a catch though?

Now I can get involved without having to pay a nasty subscription fee while I'm waiting for Elder Scrolls VI. There's rumour it's said to release some time in 2016 (makes sense according to their release pattern) but like usual I wouldn't gamble on it.

I was kinda skeptical of it too - seems too good to be true. Looks like they're adding a new (optional) subscription tier for bonuses and stuff, but for the most part, many sites are reporting that you will only need to buy the base game to play. :D

And yeah, I did see a lot of "Argonia Confirmed", but I don't think there's any official word on release date/year. Just that it'll be in Black Marsh, which I'm pretty excited for.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • The new game is in Black Marsh? Awesome, that's the one region I want to play through.

Spoiler:

Zaphkiel

~ Butter Knife ~
    Years
  • Just finished the main quest of Skyrim. Really liked the Argonian race. Gotta say I'm very very excited for the next game, especially that the setting will be Black Marsh.
    The thing that really thrills me though is the graphics. Man, Skyrim's graphics is epic during it's time. Now, let's see how awesome it'll be on the next game!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I wonder which Argonian design they'll use. In Oblivion they settle for a more aquatic looking reptile, while Skyrim Argonians looked like they belonged in the desert, or something.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I wonder which Argonian design they'll use. In Oblivion they settle for a more aquatic looking reptile, while Skyrim Argonians looked like they belonged in the desert, or something.

I really hope they go with Skyrim's design, or (and this will definitely never happen) allow the player to choose between and interact with argonians of various tribes. Especially the sarpa (Winged argonians) or naga (Snake-like argonians).

It's entirely possible that the mention of the sarpa having wings was a metaphor, but please, dear Hircine let it not be.

https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Argonian#Tribes

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Hahaha. Just kidding guys! It's not Black Marsh! It's Elsweyr!

Not really. I don't know where it's going to take place. Black Marsh would be quite interesting to see, but I think it more likely to be located in one of the Aldmeri Dominion's domains. I'd love to see Valenwood most of all. Giant trees that stretch in all directions! Alcohol made from fermented milk (You're Bosmer, deal)! Politics of the Hunting houses and the Dominion's shaky alliance! This is where the Dominion's uneasy collective could all come crumbling down, and from atop a moving tree, that sure is a long way down indeed. Oh, and moving tree villages. I mentioned that right? Moving tree villages. I'm not looking too forward to Black Marsh, really. Big bugs (Bethesda a 'la Cazador), muck, dreary water. Lots of water, actually. What are we going to get to move across the water, hm? New boat mechanics? That said, while I love the Argonians as a race, I don't think I want to see Black Marsh before a proper Elsweyr or Hammerfell (not that scripted Hammerfell. That doesn't count)

Sir Codin

I want the next one to take place in Elswyer AND Black Marsh.

Back