• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Elemental Monkeys

Years
  • i love the monkeys :]
    my panpour has come in handy and it's my only water type

i evolved panpour and i really hate how he looks but i still keep him since he comes in handy and has helped me a lot :D

i love the monkeys :]
    my panpour has come in handy and it's my only water type

i evolved panpour and i really hate how he looks but i still keep him since he comes in handy and has helped me a lot :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I got rid of the fire monkey once I was able to get a decent Flying type

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I kept my Pansear until shortly before arriving at Nacrene. I ditched it at that point because a Timid nature + 2 physical moves didn't seem to cut it. Incinerate was too weak (though it was useful for getting rid of Cheren's Snivy's Oran Berry), and I wish it got Ember instead. There also weren't any places to EV train for Special Attack at that point in the game. Now I use Pansear as my Cut slave.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I kept my Pansear for a short while, but only for the first gym. after that, I kept it in my party but didn't train it, only when I got my entire team did I box it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2013
    Just like almost everyone else that posted before me, I kept my Pansear for the first couple of gyms, then i evolved it the first chance i got (mistake..big mistake)..and now i no longer have a use for it, seeing as how i got my Arcanine from my other game. So, it sits in my box at level 38...until next time, little simisear.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    My Simipour was male but looked like a female.

Simisage looks like Elvis with that hair.

Simisear looks high.

Overall, they have weird designs and mediocre stats. They have their use.

trespasser

Problem, officer?
    Years
  • I kept my Simipour until I started building a team. Before it was just high level pokemon that i caught. XD (that was after beating the E4 3 times)

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
    Years
  • To me, BW wasn't a game where I wanted to make an uber team for some reason.

I have a Simisage. He gets the job done with Seed Bomb.
    The monkeys, they look great, they get the job done fine.
    I love them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Both Offensive Stats under 100 and with piss poor defenses to match? THEYRE TERRIBLE

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Meh my fire one was weak i didnt keep it in the team. and because I didnt get its name right I never got a firestone...I got a watersone...

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Both Offensive Stats under 100 and with piss poor defenses to match? THEYRE TERRIBLE
    Ummm...they're 98 so it's not a really big difference from 100...
    In terms of stats, they aren't that bad. 500 BST isn't a mediocre number.
    Their biggest downside are really bad movesets. That's why I never used them for more than 3 days~.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I liked my Pansear but... I dunno, it just didn't feel right on my team. I don't know if that makes sense.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    um 98/98 offensive sets and ~70/~70 defenses along with a shallow movepool= terrible

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I used my Simisage for a good while on my one game, however for my Simipour, I ended up boxing it in after I evolved it before battling Burgh lol. That was mainly due to me being stupid and forgetting that they don't learn any moves after evolving. Other thing is that I don't really like these monkeys much. Their first stages are pretty cool, but their evolutions are pretty much butt ugly to me.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    I used my Pansear until Castelia Gym, at which point I evolved it into Simisear...but then I got Victini and ditched it. I decided to train a bit in post-game, but I still haven't taken much time. It's currently sitting in my box at level 38, but I will soon work on making it better, because it's not a bad Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    I like the monkeys. I got a pansear which is good because pinwheel forest is right there for me to train him easily. I like the concept of having basically two starter!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • um 98/98 offensive sets and ~70/~70 defenses along with a shallow movepool= terrible

You've said the same thing over and over again. Either you REALLY hate these monkeys and you feel like trolling or you have a REALLY bad memory. XD

Honestly, I saw a lot of use out of my Simisage. Leech Seed is always nice to have around, plus his physical movepool isn't too shabby at all, getting STAB from Seed Bomb, plus Rock Slide and Dig to cover for his weaknesses and you're good to go. XD

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • I never use them since they are really not my favorite. I guess I'll try to train one someday ^_^

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • When I played the Japanese Rom, I used mine. Hower, in the English version, I ditched mine (Simisage) for a Cottonee, which is now a Whimsicott. I just left it in my box until I got a leaf stone, and then I evolved it just for my PokeDex. XD So yeah, their stats and movepool isn't that great, plus I don't really like any of their evolutions, apart from the fire one which I can tolerate. But then, there are superior fire types, like Chandelure and Emboar (which I have.)

Back