• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Elemental Monkeys

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I didn't even use it against the first gym, considering I was at level 18 and my other Pokemon easily took care of the gym leader. Somehow I caught the other two, but currently all three monkeys are just hanging out in Box 2.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    Well, I caught Pansage and Pansear, Pansear for Burgh..Seeing as my team is Grass and Grass/Bug types, and its kinda annoying to fight Grass on Grass..So used it to tear through his team *shrugs*. Now that I think about it though..Coulda caught that Darma-something pokemon..probably would have been best *sigh*.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2014
    I got Semipour and kept him on my team till the end because he was my water hm slave. Pretty resourceful if you ask me.

AusDon

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I don't even remember having it. I traded it through the GTS, I think.
    Still need a decent water pokemon (For my Gen 5 team), so it probably wasn't a very good idea. lol

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    Elvis...I mean Simisage was on my team the first time i played the games in Japanese. He is actually really good.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    Everybody hates them. I think they're pretty good. I use Simisage in my party. Good grass type.

I hate Simisear for its design and Simipour because its the reason I lose on the Battle Subway.

I like Simisage because it reminds me of Elvis.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    Meh. After looking through all these posts seems many tend to discard it for better Pokemon of the same type. I discarded my Panpour for a Ducklett, which then evolved into a Swanna, since it can fly and is also a water type, so win-win :/. Plus it was like 10 levels higher... I had a Snivy/Servine/Serperior already, so didnt need another Grass. For Pansear, I got Darmanitan as soon as I could, since I have noticed it does have better moves...*shrugs* I think later on ill level em up just for the amusement.

Weespotty

The girl of nature
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    Meh, I want to start again because I want the water monkey sooo badly.

Elfie

wut?
    Years
    Meh... I just benched it. Got overleveled, and crushed the first gym. I just don't like evo-stone pokemon that only have one stage. ie.Jigglypuff, Clefable, Munna

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I still haven't beaten the game yet (I'm at the seventh gym), but I'm still using mine. I haven't actually decided precisely what my team should be yet, but my Pansear (yes, I haven't evolved it yet) is still part of my party rotation for the time being. It has a pretty diverse moveset at the moment, and I'm pretty happy with it, even though it's a little weak at the moment (particularly as an unevolved monkey). I don't know if I'll keep using it through the end of the game, but I think I will. I like its semi-novelty value as an early game gift Pokemon.

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
    I really like the Monkey's design, but I never used mine since I started with snivy, and already had plans on getting dakumara, which wasn't that far in the future. Had I use a different starter I definitely would have used my elemental monkey throughout the game.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    I've just used Pansear as a HM Slave for Cut, Dig and Flash :D
    But now, I've trained all of them up to Lv. 45 or something (and evolved) to see which moves they could learn. They didn't suck at all (the moves).

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I used my Simisear all the way up to the seventh Gym (type advantage \o/) but then ditched it for Chandelure, which is an infinitely better Fire-type. There are many better Fire-types, really. I reckon they're only useful for that first Gym, if I'm being totally honest.

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
    Years
    I kept Panpour for I think up to the 4th gym before evolving and boxxing it for stronger water pokemon. I found it really cool and useful for that time.

Years
    I really like the elemential monkies. They have a good move set and decent stats. I used my pansear throughout the whole game.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I like them...although Simsage's pokédex entry makes it sound a bit horrible, it looked cool when I battled Bianca's Simisage. Simipour is probably the best one, however I dislike its' design. Simisear, I never used because of Victini, but has the best design, I think. Pansear is better than the other two too.

Back