• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Elemental Monkeys

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I didn't train my pansear.. when i got it, it went straight to my pc box and i did not even use it to defeat Cilan... Maybe if they're elemental cats then I would have used them but no.. not monkeys.. :s

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • I didn't train my pansear.. when i got it, it went straight to my pc box and i did not even use it to defeat Cilan... Maybe if they're elemental cats then I would have used them but no.. not monkeys.. :s

Elemental Cats would have been interesting XD. Or maybe Elemental Rats?:P. When I first read about them, in some game review or perhaps the walkthrough I checked out while waiting for the game to get in, I liked the concept. But after getting one..I was meeehhhh you suck! But maybe ill train it up during my third playthrough and see how good it gets towards the E4 and into the endgame..Might surprise me.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I don't like their designs (except for Pansage & Simisage, but I never chose Tepig) so I ditched them after the first gym.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I started my game with Tepig and only used the Pansage I was given for the first gym battle against Cress. It's now an occasional HM slave sitting in my PC box. I catch the Elemental Monkeys only for filling my Pokédex, but I don't use them in my party.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • My starter Pokémon was Oshawott, so the elemental money giving to me n the Dreamyard was Pansear. I've kept it in my team and is my second strongest Pokémon, right behind Samurott. I'm planning to finally evolve him into Simisear when I battle the Icirrus City's gym leader. I tried to add Panpour and Pansage to my team but couldn't train them well enough. =/

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I never even got Panpour the entire game, and it shall remain like that.

Years
  • I took Pansear after I lost against the gymleader 3 times. I wasn't to happy about using him but after he beat Cilan without any training he have been in my team since then, up till the second time on Elite 4. Now days I train him and the rest of my in-game team to lv 100.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I actually kept my pansage/simisage well forever it was my main guy it excelled ahead of my starter it had great coverage with its moves It had acrobatics a move you get that is weirdly strong for the start,seed bomb,bite,and flash which is (no matter what anyone says) is crazy good. near the end I nearly killed both N and the leader with nothing but him
    i only used zerkrom like once XD.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2013
    I only used my Pansear for the first gym. Maybe I was just being impatient or picky but he didn't seem to be very stong or have good attacks. Plus incinerate's, my only fire-type attack at the time, animation really bugged since it didn't look like the fire was even reaching the target. After the first gym I threw him in the PC never to see the light again, or at least a very long time.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I cringe every time I see them! I could have had 6 cooler Pokemon instead of these silly little monkeys.

I ditched my monkey after the first gym.

Houli

Elite Four
    Years
  • I stopped using my Pansage after the first gym. The problem was that it just took too long to level it even with Audinos. Also it seemed to die a lot.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Simipour isn't that bad looking if it is female.

Rather useful too, I loved using mine as a cut slave and as a box filler before the first gym.

so what if it's male ;DDD

I never really found any kind of use for the monkeys at all. Like Oppo said, it was a Cut slave and then I dumped it off in the box (admittedly, my first monkey stayed with me for some time longer but then ended up in the box anyway so eh).

Hectic

Dew yew liek Tyranitars?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    I used it until the end. It was easier then finding a fire pokemon, even if it sucked.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    They ended up in the PC boxes for not being of much use. Not after I get the other starters from the GTS... I guess I'll just evolve them for the Pokédex and be done with them. They are never going to be on my team.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • I didn't even use it. I got Pansear, which I think is the worst of them all because all he knows is Incinerate, which is a horrible Fire move. Also, there are way better Pokemon in the game in Unova other than the Elemental Monkey.

Years
  • I thought they would be useless at first ^^"

But Semisage proved to be very useful for me, even against the Elite Four. Not the most powerful fire type out there, but he served his purpose well =3

Semipour, I think, is the most gifted. It has Scald it can naturally learn, a water type move that can burn other pokemon. That surprised and really took me off guard that I've always been careful whenever I battle them ._."

Back