• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Energy drinks banned...

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I can see the logic in requiring you to be above a certain age. Like 12 or 13. 19 is ridiculously excessive when in most states of the US you can buy cigarettes and other tobacco products at 18 AND play the lottery!

But nonetheless, there will always be someone who will cry "Nanny State". It's up to the lawmakers to TRY and COMPROMISE with the people who scream "Nanny State". :<

Banning energy drinks with alcohol is fine...since they don't affect you like alcohol should normally do, so you end up drinking more than you should and get sick/pass out

Years
    I'd suggest we ban them. I could also agree that banning them for anyone under 16, but the problem is that High School students use them as Performance Enhancers both on the field and in the classroom. I even recall a high school football player going into a coma because he had them in excess, and just NOS was probably the most powerful stuff the kid was ingesting. One thing that really gets me though is that people are grouping Four Loko with energy drinks, which is like saying every german leader that preceded Hitler and that came after Hitler was unjust, horrible, and insane. Four Loko is pretty much toxic waste in a can, while energy drinks are caffeine-loaded beverages meant to give you a burst of energy. The reason I'd suggest we ban them is because the risks and cons far outweigh the "benefits" which, imho, are probably placebos anyhow.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'd suggest we ban them. I could also agree that banning them for anyone under 16, but the problem is that High School students use them as Performance Enhancers both on the field and in the classroom. I even recall a high school football player going into a coma because he had them in excess, and just NOS was probably the most powerful stuff the kid was ingesting. One thing that really gets me though is that people are grouping Four Loko with energy drinks, which is like saying every german leader that preceded Hitler and that came after Hitler was unjust, horrible, and insane. Four Loko is pretty much toxic waste in a can, while energy drinks are caffeine-loaded beverages meant to give you a burst of energy. The reason I'd suggest we ban them is because the risks and cons far outweigh the "benefits" which, imho, are probably placebos anyhow.
    I totally agree with you!
    Also Energy drinks aren't very good performance enhancers...athletes should stick to Gatoraid or something like that.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    This is outrageous, you should be able to buy what you want to buy. Age limits are so annoying, its oppressive; what's next age limits on candy?
    You'd be surprised. If they can ban energy drinks, then banning candy is just as easy. I mean candy can cause diabetes/obesity and rot teeth (which in extreme cases can cause a form of poisoning). Moderation is the real issue. Practically everything is considered dangerous in some capacity. The sun can cause skin cancer, microwaves and dishwashers cause ovarian cancer, and driving in general is about as dangerous as it gets. The question is, do the risks outweigh the rewards? Microwaves are really handy, so I can't see anyone tossing them out anytime soon. Or ever. And without cars getting/keeping jobs and purchasing needs would be really hard (unless you live in a metropolis). Should we ban cars now too (that includes busses)? Actually, I think there are some who would support that last one.
    I totally agree with you!
    Also Energy drinks aren't very good performance enhancers...athletes should stick to Gatoraid or something like that.
    I've never found Gatoraid to be that good. Taste-wise or performance wise. It's probably just hype to sell the product. Why not just water (hopefully flavored)?

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    Is it just me, or is common sense seeming to be taken out of the equation with these things. I think that people who know about the risks should be allowed to use it. I think that a health warning lable should be printed on the back, and then it should be allowed without a restriction of age. If people know the risks of something and do it anyway, it is that person's fault. I don't think that there should be a restriction on these, and I think that if a person dies (if he has been informed of the risks) or gets hospitalized, tough. It's fault of the person who drank it, not the person who sold it.

Years
    Energy drink, really anything with suger and caffine, do the complete opposite when I have them and make me extremly tired. So sometimes when I cant sleep I'll drink one so I pass out easier. I dont think they should be banned, though maybe some sort of restrictions should be in place.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I hate energy drinks (with the exception being Mountain Dew Energy, which is my favorite soft drink) because they drive young people up the wall. I think that there should be not banned, but some super-powerful energy drinks should be banned completely.

Geoff_P1

Add me on msn etc if you want.
    Years
    So, the area I live at seems to be looking to ban energy drinks to those under the age of 19 due to the amount of caffeine included in energy drinks in an attempt to constrict teenagers from consuming these beverages and mixing them with alcohol. Do you agree with this attempted regulation? Think there should be a minimum age for energy drinks? Think it's just the parent's responsibility to regulate and educate their children and teenagers rather than the government trying to get involved?
    I don't agree with it, we at least need a bit of freedom, everything has a ban or a limit on it and it's usually far to harsh or to stupid, it's like smoking, you can smoke in your own house with parents permission at 16 years old but you can't buy cigs yourself until you're 18. It's pathetic.

I suffer with ADHD as one of my issues so because of this, I have only touched Red Bull once and highly regret it, never touched it since.

The goverment has better things to do like trying to get us out of this recession rather than think about kids with cans of Red Bull, if they can't control them selvs then they will be punished wether it's by their parents or a cop... If they can be botherd to turn up.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017

Yeah but some sweets have other stuff in them than sugar, like Calcium and Iron. Now I don't think Energy drinks have those...
    That's true. Some energy drinks have B vitamins too though. Maybe they should start making "healthy" energy drinks made with vitamin/mineral water...I would probably laugh if I saw that on a can. It'd be like weight-loss candy or cavity fighting sugar.

Years

Yeah but some sweets have other stuff in them than sugar, like Calcium and Iron. Now I don't think Energy drinks have those...

Some of them have Niacin, Riboflavin, and Ginseng. The first two are vitamins you'd see in breakfast cereal, and Ginseng is a compound that has been used for thousands of years to treat everything from ED to diabetes. Not all of it is bad.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I need them sometimes to get up. I might have a Boost on the way home from school, but otherwise it's a no.

Back