• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
Years
  • It said June 30th on IGN...I hope that's wrong because that is SOOOOOOO LONG FROM NOW!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I really hope it's March because I don't want to wait much longer!

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • It said June 30th on IGN...I hope that's wrong because that is SOOOOOOO LONG FROM NOW!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I really hope it's March because I don't want to wait much longer!

June 30th? I rather have it in March so that we don't have to wait so long and its my birthday month so that would be a great present.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I would not worry about that, as IGN are not exactly a reputable source for dates, especially when every other 'source' (other sites/gaming stores) claim other dates to each other. Only take dates that come from the Pokemon website itself/Nintendo as the real deal, rather than sites like those (even if they get scopes from time to time). [Then there's always the joke that you can't spell ignorant without ign ;p]

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, I doubt it will be release later in 2011, as it's been said, Spring 2011, so the latest it could be would be May even then I doubt it would be May, my estimate would be early-mid March (also I hope this too :P) getting really hard to wait now, especially with the English news starting to come in, on that note I doubt it will be long before we get the official release date, HG/SS release date was revealed around 17th December so I don't think we're too far off :).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Im hopeing it comes out around the same time the 3DS comes out.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Nintendo has "confirmed" it for Q1 2011, which means between January and March. I'm honestly not holding my breath though...the 3DS is scheduled for a March release and I don't think Nintendo would want a DS title taking away its thunder. D/P game out in April, and I wouldn't be surprised to see B/W get the same treatment. There's really no reason they couldn't push it out in February, ahead of the 3DS, but I'm just not expecting it.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I feel myself that It'll be released sometime in March..... especially now that they've shown Reshiram and Zekrom in the thanksgiving parade..it just seems like they'll release it sooner rather than later now.

I found out that from right now it's 96 days until the 1st of March.....so I figure at the very least by the time that comes we'll be in the final few laps.

The only thing that might mess things up would be the 3ds coming out in March....although it's perfectly possible to play the new pokemon games on the 3ds....

Last edited:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • I think in Australia it is going to be in like late March early April which is fine i got plenty of other games to play right now so i think the time will fly

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • I really wish I can pre-order it before the release date arrives...it would be my first time pre-ordering then!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I really wish I can pre-order it before the release date arrives...it would be my first time pre-ordering then!
    You can try asking your local gaming store such as Game Stop if you have any nearby. I remember people pre-ordering HeartGold and SoulSilver before the official US date was released, so I would only assume the same could be done for Black and White. Also, if the release date is still announced and you haven't pre-ordered it yet, then you can do it then. I pre-ordered HG/SS a month before it was released this year, and I plan on doing the same for B/W.

As for release date speculation, I'm betting on a March release, but I wouldn't put it passed Nintendo to have it out anytime before or after that month if they want to advertise the 3DS' release enough.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I'm not sure if anyone ever took this approach, but I'd like to mention something.

Seasons.

Don't know, just came into my head today. The game started in Spring (in Japan), so isn't it supposed to be Spring for us ? xD

Since it's Winter, next Spring will be... January. But the game is scheduled in Spring 2011, so... May ?...

I really don't want this to happen. I really don't have the patience until May...

Without taking this into consideration, I'll just go ahead and say that it'll have a release date from 10-20 March. I just hope history won't repeat itself and that Europe won't live the nightmare it lived with Platinum. >_>

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
    Years
  • I'm not sure if anyone ever took this approach, but I'd like to mention something.

Seasons.

Don't know, just came into my head today. The game started in Spring (in Japan), so isn't it supposed to be Spring for us ? xD

Since it's Winter, next Spring will be... January. But the game is scheduled in Spring 2011, so... May ?...

I really don't want this to happen. I really don't have the patience until May...

Without taking this into consideration, I'll just go ahead and say that it'll have a release date from 10-20 March. I just hope history won't repeat itself and that Europe won't live the nightmare it lived with Platinum. >_>

I think both North America and Japan have the same seasons because they are both in the northern hemisphere. Spring starts in March anyway.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm just hopin' I can pass the time(I likely can, the release of BW hasn't actually been on my mind that much =/) But, I think it will most likely be in March. I don't care too much if it's in March, only if time goes quickly(and if I get the Xbox 360/FF XIV I want to pass the time :3)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think both North America and Japan have the same seasons because they are both in the northern hemisphere. Spring starts in March anyway.
    In game spring starts in diffrent months though.
    Right now in the Japanese versions of the game it's Winter so by March it will be Fall in game for them...I wonder if the NA versions will be in fall if they come out in march or in winter if they come out in April like in the Japanese versions or have their own internal cycle...
    I hope they come out in March...my patience is waning...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think it might come out around the same time HgSs did rather than on DP's 5 year anniversary(which came out in 2007...4years ago as of 2011 when Bw is said to come out)...

Back