• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Red Chain

Welp, I went to Game Stop the other day and they had a laminated paper taped onto the counter of the check-out desk and it had B&W on it.
    The date they put for release is March 20th. I do live in America, and the games in the past were usually due to early spring time for release anyway.

I'd say that's a solid date. Any thoughts? :3

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Yeah, I'm also thinking the games will be released in March. Just like HG and SS. I agree that March 20 seems like a solid date for release.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    March seems like the most probable date in my eyes ( and to everyone else, as well, it seems ).

I had a dream the other day about B/W. Nintendo decided to release the games in February, so as to not loose potential sales from people who decide to buy the 3DS & a 3DS game instead.....

I'd be so ecstatic if that actually happened irl.

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
    April is just way too late. I'm already sick of waiting, like Cartman waiting for the Wii in the South Park episode Go God Go. I want to celebrate Pi Day with a new Pokémon game again. (March 14 = 3-14 = 3.14)

Geoff_P1

Add me on msn etc if you want.
    Years
    Bundles or midnight release?

Hi all,

I'm from the UK so does anyone think Game, GameStation, Tesco or HMV will do a bundle with a console & B/W and a midnight release? If so, I'd better start saving my wages rarther than using it on petrol lol.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think your question fits here more than jumping to a new thread instead. :P

Happy Holidays!

Geoff_P1

Add me on msn etc if you want.
    Years
    A few questions...
    In UK, will there be some sort of bundles with a DS console? Would it be wise to trade my Psp in even though I adore it? Would there be a midnight release?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    April is just way too late. I'm already sick of waiting, like Cartman waiting for the Wii in the South Park episode Go God Go. I want to celebrate Pi Day with a new Pokémon game again. (March 14 = 3-14 = 3.14)
    I also hope it comes out that date :) It's a week before Spring break, so I can play during the whole week after it comes out :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Given that the US are getting the shiny Johto beasts events during Jan/early Feb then the B/W releases imo will not be before that, and possibly in March given other counties will likely get the events too a bit later one way. My guess anyways.
    In UK, will there be some sort of bundles with a DS console? Would it be wise to trade my Psp in even though I adore it? Would there be a midnight release?
    IDK about the UK but likely they (as in the stores) will decide what deals they will do if any once dates are announced, so I guess you'd just have to wait and keep an eye out. I wouldn't think it too unlikely though. (Midnight release might be debateable though - again idk how they do things in the UK).

Trade your PSP in if you really need money and/or don't plan to use it I suppose. You could also either wait on the 3ds first (unless it comes out before HGSS), or just buy a cheap older DS and save $$$ that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    With recent news of the shiny Legendary Beats event coming this January / February, and then the 13th movie featuring Zoroark and Zorua is coming in February, I'm expecting a March release for the earliest and possibly April for the latest. Preferably the earlier though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I agree with you Bob and Hiro, soon they will begin advertising BW here just like did in Japan before the games come out (which is a sure sign they are coming out soon)

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Possible_Black_and_White_American_release_date_revealed

Found on bulbapedia seconds ago. Thoughts ?
    I'm pretty sad... I actually did hope for a March release... ): oh well.
    It's unconfirmed, so there's room for better !

Don't believe it! It's a LIE, I tell you! B/W has to come out in March. I-it just has to. ;_; Even better than being unconfirmed, the news comes from GameStop. I really, really hope they've got their information wrong.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Ah, me too. I just went to bulbapedia just to be greeted by this...
    It's apparently from somebody's blog who went to Gamestop to get something for his brother. He noticed a flier with various release dates, including this.
    I just hope it's one of those dummy dates. It has to. ;o;

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Possible_Black_and_White_American_release_date_revealed

Found on bulbapedia seconds ago. Thoughts ?
    I'm pretty sad... I actually did hope for a March release... ): oh well.
    It's unconfirmed, so there's room for better !

OMG please be fake... I hope for a March or earlier release but April is way too far away..

Oh Nintendo why do you take so long to release games like seriously you got so many people working for you and you take like 7 Months!

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    It's probably going to be the same as it has always been. It's going to be the third week (or Sunday) of either March or April. If what Bulbapedia says is true, then that seems about right. Sorry, but it is what it is, people. That's what the trend has been for the past few years/generations now. Patience is key, especially when it comes to a Nintendo release.

Back