• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen EV training guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 19, 2010
I tried battle him quite many but still roselia. The same apply for psychic in same route with haunter/kadabra (both +2 SA) that never evolve to gengar/alakazam (+3 sa both)

Oh and there was a trainer with a gyarados(+2 atk) and 4 magikarp(+1 spd) but didn't test whether all magikarp will evolve to gyarados. Forgot the route. And also there is fisherman with 5 magikarp

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
I tried battle him quite many but still roselia. The same apply for psychic in same route with haunter/kadabra (both +2 SA) that never evolve to gengar/alakazam (+3 sa both)

Oh and there was a trainer with a gyarados(+2 atk) and 4 magikarp(+1 spd) but didn't test whether all magikarp will evolve to gyarados. Forgot the route. And also there is fisherman with 5 magikarp

I don't know, but if Machoke evolves, why Haunter or Kadabra don't? Maybe this only applies to high leveld trainers. (The only ones I've seen evolving are the Black Belts/Crush Girls on the road to Mt. Ember on FR/LG which were about Lv60)

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
Years
I hope this is right and I hope I help somehow...

In Route 224 (that's right, the place where you would get Shaymin) there will be a trainer (I believe it's an Ace trainer or a Dragon tamer, just pretty much the same thing) who has a Swablu (for 1 Sp. Def point) and Altaria (for 2 Sp. Def points), and I THINK (really think) that this is his party. Well, I believe that you get x2 if you battle a trainer, so this is a pretty good place to practice and stuff. But I'm POSITIVE that he has an Altaria in that location.

Arkarian

Utterly Damaged Particle
Years
Best place for HP imo is the first route in the game. There are plenty of level three Bidoof; use the Macho Brace, and it'll go very quickly.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
I think I know what EVs are for. They are for raising your Pokemon's stats right? I have a few questions. they might sound kinda dumb though.

1. Are EVs worth the training? Do they make your Pokemon really alot stronger?

2. How do I tell how many EVs my Pokemon has?

3. How do I reduce the EVs of my Pokemon?

4. What is the maximum number of EVs a Pokemon can have?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
I think I know what EVs are for. They are for raising your Pokemon's stats right? I have a few questions. they might sound kinda dumb though.

1. Are EVs worth the training? Do they make your Pokemon really alot stronger?

2. How do I tell how many EVs my Pokemon has?

3. How do I reduce the EVs of my Pokemon?

4. What is the maximum number of EVs a Pokemon can have?

1. Yes, they are worth it if you do them right (up to 63 extra points on two seperate stats).

2. If it's from someone else, the easiest way would be to decrease the EVs down to zero and count them off as you do so, which brings me to...

3. There are certain berries (Pinap to Tamato) that raise Friendship but decrease a certain stat's EVs by 10. If you want to properly EV train, MASS-PRODUCE THESE.

4. 510, but you can't put over 255 in a single stat. You would only want to add 252 to a single stat anyway, since those extra 3 would be wasted...

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Well that would take spot on training and a very long time. I'll try it but I think I might give up pretty easy... thanks.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Well that would take spot on training and a very long time. I'll try it but I think I might give up pretty easy... thanks.

You can cut the number down by 100 if you use the vitamins. It's not that hard, really, especially with one of the EV-boosting items, like Macho Brace.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
I hope this is right and I hope I help somehow...

In Route 224 (that's right, the place where you would get Shaymin) there will be a trainer (I believe it's an Ace trainer or a Dragon tamer, just pretty much the same thing) who has a Swablu (for 1 Sp. Def point) and Altaria (for 2 Sp. Def points), and I THINK (really think) that this is his party. Well, I believe that you get x2 if you battle a trainer, so this is a pretty good place to practice and stuff. But I'm POSITIVE that he has an Altaria in that location.

I'll first comfirm the trainer's location/name/party before adding it.

Best place for HP imo is the first route in the game. There are plenty of level three Bidoof; use the Macho Brace, and it'll go very quickly.

Sorry, but Route 201 has Bidoof as much as Starly, which could be a good chance of finding them, but they only give 1 HP EV, so I don't think it's a location worth mentioning.

Then what are these IVs I have been hearing about? Are they just a different name for it or something?

IV's are completely different. They are born with the Pokémon and thus can't be altered. And this is exactly why people hatch lots of eggs befor choosing one baby. It's because of IVs. Learn here: http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
So it would be pretty rare to get a Pokemon from an egg with the right nature and perfect IV values 'eh? Can't you tell somehow on what your going to get? That IV tutorial was so compicated... 0_0

Last edited:

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 19, 2010
All perfect ivs is much hard than shiny, and please if you want such staff post in simple question or post a thread. This is for ev's train location =/

route 213 => a swimmer with three gyarados for attack and another trainer with marill/azumarill for hp

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
So it would be pretty rare to get a Pokemon from an egg with the right nature and perfect IV values 'eh? Can't you tell somehow on what your going to get? That IV tutorial was so compicated... 0_0

Well, breeding is the best thing for this. Search for this on the internet so you learn about IVs.

what are ivs and evs? people always talk about it but wth is it..i care less about it tho

Then why you ask? You can check the link to serebii I put some posts ago (for IVs) or the tutorial on top of the first post (for EVs). I think it was important to put it so questions like this could be avoided.

All perfect ivs is much hard than shiny, and please if you want such staff post in simple question or post a thread. This is for ev's train location =/

route 213 => a swimmer with three gyarados for attack and another trainer with marill/azumarill for hp

OK. I'll check the trainers in a few mins so I can add their location and name, too.

EDIT: Wrong information. There's a trainer with two Gyarados and one Remoraid. Remoraid gives Sp. Atk, and Octillery both Sp. and Physical Attack. It's not a good combination to mix them. Most Pokémon are either physically or special, so this doesn't work. About the other one, there's no trainer with Marill/Azumarill. Please check information before just revealing it. Though I found a trainer searching for yours. He has three Shellos that may evolve to Gastrodon (for HP).

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
Shiny Umbreon said:
You can check the tutorial on top of the first post. I think it was important to put it so questions like this could be avoided.

Don't you at least check the threads or the other posts? If you don't know what EVs are, check in the tutorial or anywhere. If you know, you must know what EV training means. It's training specifically to get EVs.

Soulinferno

Bandit
Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2009
A place that I like to EV train in speed is this little cave thats right below floaroma town. Which is almost all zubats and an occasional geodude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back