• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen EV training guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 59
    • Seen Aug 3, 2019
    if you fully ev train a pokemon in one stat say def. with 252 ev's, how does that translate into stat gain?
    i assume its four evs to a stat, giving you an extra 63 points in what your training in. but wasnt sure if im right?! :knockedou
    Yes, you're totally right. You divide the total ammount of EVs with 4 and then you find the total stat gain (with the maximum being, as you pointed out, 63 in one stat).

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    The best place (In my opinion, at least) to train for speed is Route 201 where there are tons of Starly.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    The best place (In my opinion, at least) to train for speed is Route 201 where there are tons of Starly.

Er...Have you tried Route 228? Sorry, can't add anything worse than what there is now.

will EV training still work using exp. share?...

Yep. Exp. Share is like battling.

Can Someone tell what that is I don't understand that Effort Value.

There's a tutorial on top of the first post that explains quite well, you know?

Years
    EVs are sweet.

I think I know what EVs are for. They are for raising your Pokemon's stats right? I have a few questions. they might sound kinda dumb though.

1. Are EVs worth the training? Do they make your Pokemon really alot stronger?

2. How do I tell how many EVs my Pokemon has?

3. How do I reduce the EVs of my Pokemon?

4. What is the maximum number of EVs a Pokemon can have?

1. Yes, and yes. I just had a zapdos gain 22 points in the spec. attack column in one level-up.

2. Count with the training table on psypokes.

3. Certain berries in Emerald can lower your pokemon's EVs. Only in Emerald though, darn it all. Thats why its good to EV train early, so you dont inadvertantly put EVs where you dont want/need them in everyday non-EV training.

4. A pokemon can have a max of 510 EVs total. You can have up to 255 in one stat, meaning you can max out two stats.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I got a good area to train Defense, the Eterna Forest is infested with Silcoon/Cascoon, and if you happen to have FR/LG you can make it so Metapod and Kakuna also appear there and they all give 2 EV's. If it hasn't been mentioned yet anyways... I find it's very effective with the Pokeradar. I realize Wurmple appear there and so do other Pokemon, even the occasional Beautifly/Dustox... but yeah. I managed to get Defense EV training done in no time, for my Glaceon and my Vespiquen.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Where is the best place to level up your Pokemon?

I'm still having problems levelling up my Pokemon (currently, I have 7 badges and I'm on my way to get Palkia), so does anyone have any suggestions on where I should level them up?

My main concern is my Lucario (Around L.v 35). I want to get most of my 'mon round the Lv. 45 mark without having to resort to trading.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I see someone has moved my thread...

Please note that I know nothing about EVs, IVs and things like that (So please don't ask). I just want to know where to level up.

Thanks! :)

tragik

Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn.
    Years
    The route west of Sunyshore is a great way to EV train attack and gain money at the same time. There's a trainer with 2 Gyarados (4 atk total), and another trainer close by with a lv. 60 Luxio (2 atk), and he also gives 19k money with Amulet Coin.

Ruisu

The mind taker
    Years
    I was wondering which would be more unbeatable a ev trained spiritomb or a drifblim? sorry if this is not the right place to post this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back