• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen EV training guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Place to EV train Empoleon?

I need a place to EV train My level 79 Empoleon,I want to raise it's hp,speed,and or,sp. Def.

His stats:
    Hp:247
    Attack:161
    defense:159
    Spec. attack:215
    Sp. def:187
    speed:144
    Nature:mild
    item:splash plate

I either want to make Her a tank(yes i can breed piplup)or a wall/sweeper.

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    I don't know if someone said this already but you find lots of Gloom (+ 2 Sp. Attack) in the Resort Area.

ultima2096

~baka baka
    Years
  • Another question :-p !!
    when raising happiness the soothe bell double the effort of what eva happiness raising technique used. e.g. if you go the the massage place you get 30 happiness with the soothe bell, 15 without (fictional numbers).
    so with the macho brace held, which double your ev's, do you get 20EVs instead of 10 for vitamins?

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    One more question. When my pokemon is holding Power Brace and defeats i.e. Gastly does he get 5 EV? (1+4)

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2007
    must your pokemon that you want to train has to battle the pokemon and then swap it for a different pokemon will you still get IV'S?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    must your pokemon that you want to train has to battle the pokemon and then swap it for a different pokemon will you still get EV'S?
    Yes, as long as a Pokémon gains experience, it also gains EVs.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet:
    For Speed EVs, Fisherman Andrew on Route 205 north is probably the best. Andrew is on the wooden bridge, third person from the left and second from the right.
    He has six Level 10 Magikarp (they do not evolve), each giving 1 EV. That's 6 Speed EVs without any special items. With Power Anklet attached, Andrew will yield 30 Speed EVs.
    Not only that, you could attach any other Power item to you Pokémon, fight Andrew and get 24 EVs of your desired stat, and use Tamato Berries to delete the (unwanted) Speed EVs. This could potentially allow you to train with Andrew for any stat.

As a side note, for Attack, an alternative is PI Carlos on Route 214. He has a Goldeen (1 Attack) and two Seaking (2 Attack each), and I've heard that his Goldeen will eventually evolve.

I don't know, but having to wait 100 steps until challenging again with only half the chance of actaully succeeding, is not good enough for 6 EVs. Also, I think most Pokémon evolve. If Machoke evolves, surely does Magikarp.

codymr14

Lakeland city gym trainer
    Years
  • what does a rhydon give you

where is a collector with gravelers or something like that or golem uz im trying to get my milotic to have an awesomely high defense

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Rhydon gives 2 Attack EVs.

And you can try this for defense:

Defense
    Ruin Maniac Cave. Geodude (1 Defense) are the most common, and the only other Pokémon here is Hippopotas (1 Defense).
    Iron Island B2F (Riley's Room)/B3F. The common Pokémon here are Graveler (2 Defense) and Onix (1 Defense), with the other being Golbat (2 Speed), Steelix (2 Defense) and Geodude (1 Defense), who almost never appears.
    Oreburgh Mine. Geodude (1 Defense) are common here. You can also find Onix (1 Defense) and Zubat (1 Speed) a bit less often.

No trainers, but Ruin Maniac's Cave and Iron Island are very good, espcially the latter.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I have a question. I maxed EV's of my Swampert, can i give him now Rare Candies until lv. 100 or will be his stats lower and i should train with battles?

ultima2096

~baka baka
    Years
  • if you fully ev train a pokemon in one stat say def. with 252 ev's, how does that translate into stat gain?
    i assume its four evs to a stat, giving you an extra 63 points in what your training in. but wasnt sure if im right?! :knockedou

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back