• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever cry because of a video game?

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Uh, I don't ever recall crying due to a game. But I was really sad at one of the DS' games because there was a mini movie about the love story of these two characters. If I remember a time when I cried about one, then I'll edit this later.

Cid

Years
    I don't remember crying in any video game, though I think I did on some scenes in FF and Sonic, but besides that, none.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    The only game I've ever actually cried over is the ending of Final Fantasy X, sooo sad ;w; But I get teary eyed over a looot of games, especially if they end and I'm really into the story line and stuff D: I used to cry from frustration in games when I was really young, and looking back it was really immature of me XD;

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I'll be honest, FFVII didn't get to me as much as I thought it would. I knew going into it that Aerith was Soonded and Gonnabitit, but I was only moved for about 20 seconds. Pretty much the time it took me to watch the FMV scenes and change discs.

However, there was a scene in Xenosaga Episode III, and I think anyone that's played through all three Xenosaga games will agree. It's the Allen/Red Testament scene. I'll say no more, but that scene got to me quite a bit. In fact, I freaking died on the boss because of that scene (and also because Red's the biggest pain in the --- RPG boss ever). The second time, I was smart and skipped the scene. It made the guy way easier to concentrate against.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I cry everytime I start my 360 or Wii up, the games just get to me emotionally.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    The first game where I cried at was Final Fantasy X. I was never into RPGs, I never cared or thought about playing them. So when I was forced *coughcough* (XD) to play FFX I loved it, and the ending.... Even to this day I still get sad when I watch it.

A few other games I cried or teared up were... (not in any order)
    Kingdom Hearts ~ I guess you wouldn't say it's the saddest thing out there, but I did tear up when Sora and Kairi were going their own ways.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories ~ At the end, Sora forgetting everything, forgetting what happened, forgetting Naminé and so on.

Kingdom Hearts 2 ~ There are a few places in KH2 I cried or teared up. Pretty much right off the bat (well.... 4 hours in) when Roxas said "My Summer vacation is... over" I still get chills by that (I don't tear up like I did the first time, but chills... yea). Axel going bye bye. And a few other places. And then from KH:FM+... the little part where Roxas and Axel talk for the last time...

Metal Gear Solid 4 ~ To tell you the truth, I don't think I've teared up or cried so many times in a game. There are so many places in the game that was just so sad. Going back to "an old place". Some "old person" dying. And some other times. But the ending... it's like 2 hours long but it had soooo many sad parts in it. One at the top of my head (from the ending) is where Sunny asks Otacon where Sanke is...... sooooooo sad.

The World Ends With You
    ~ There were a few places where I got a little sad with this game, I'm just going to throw this one in here because I can. XD

I'm sure there are others... but I just can't think of them right now. I might have to go back and look at a few of my games to see what was sad and what wasn't.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2009
    I almost cried playing Metal Gear Solid 4. That game is soo dramatic and amazingly good =)

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I almost cried playing Metal Gear Solid 4. That game is soo dramatic and amazingly good =)

I was going to say Metal Gear Solid for the PSX. The ending is amazing, especially the Meryl one. MGS2 is good for that too, but doesn't compare to the original. I never finished 4 :(

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Kingdom Hearts 2 ~ There are a few places in KH2 I cried or teared up. Pretty much right off the bat (well.... 4 hours in) when Roxas said "My Summer vacation is... over" I still get chills by that (I don't tear up like I did the first time, but chills... yea). Axel going bye bye. And a few other places. And then from KH:FM+... the little part where Roxas and Axel talk for the last time...
    Oh yeaaaah! I cried during that part in FM+ too. ;_;' Problem is, I'm not sure if it was out of sheer happiness from FINALLY beating Roxas, or just the fact that Axel cried and the cutscene was sad. I think seeing the Nobodies show clear emotion like that gets to me though (since that's what makes me cry, ultimately, in Re:CoM's ending). XD;

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I thought I was the only one. Just seeing my favorite game series end caused me to lock myself in my room for hours. And the ending to pretty much any Square Enix game is sad.

I tough i was the only one that liked MBN too :[ but this gives me a realive now that i know there's others like me out there ^_^

PsyMaster

Your mind is mine to control.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 21, 2016
    When i was 10 or younger:
    Pokemon blue- i couldnt beat this gym leader even after about 15 times
    viewtiful joe- i kept losing to the shark
    FF7- lost to sephiroth after his hp was on 70

Recently(well not video games but animes did):
    When light died (i hate NEAR!!!!!!!) in death note
    The thought that FLCL only had about 7 episodes

MistressWani

Pokemon Artist~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2013
    I cried at the end of PMD1 and PMD2.
    And also in the Phoenix Wright games + Apollo Justice.
    I can't quite remember when though.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    I cried at the end story of PMD 2: Explorers of Darkness/Time. Where Dialga resurrected the main character. It is one I never forget and one of the best game I ever played.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    NOW I REMEMBER!!! i also cried in PMD2 because i wasnt able to kil groudon =.= i rushed tru the game and wasn't that high of a level and i had a pikachu as main and piplup was my bro :3

Years
    I cried when I watched the scene in which Steve "died" in Resident Evil Code: Veronica. His sacrifice was powerful and emotional, and given that he grew to be one of my favorite Resident Evil characters by the time he sacrificed himself, I was upset to see him go. Wesker said in Code: Veronica X's ending that he plans on bringing him back to life, so that is good. I would like to see Capcom eventually bring him back, though they might not given that he is hated by the majority of Resident Evil fans.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2008
    Rule of Rose made me cry, as did Suikoden II. Jeanne D'Arc was pretty touching at times.

Wormatsu

Reborn Pokémon Fanatic
    Years
    Any time I miss that critical backstab as a Spy on Team Fortress 2, losing my disguise and getting torn to shreads by enemy fire afterwards. Well, atleast MAKES me want to cry. Oh yeah, and losing all my Engineer gear to an enemy Spy because my teammates are too stupid to check around for suspicious guys.

..wait, that's just childish anger. Let's see for some real sad moments now.

This is going to take a while. I rarely play anything but Shooters, although I am a big fan of RPGs too. I would say Aeris' death in Final Fantasy VII to kick things off but I think that'd be stupid since I'm yet to get to that spot myself in the game... I've just seen it on YouTube videos and had friends talk about it.

To be fair, I guess pretty much any sad moment from a video game comes from a YouTube video. I rarely have the attention span to actually play through a full RPG, not to mention my little brothers hogging the PlayStation 2 all the time.

Wait, this is becoming an essay. To answer the main question of this topic... Well, any sad moment from any Final Fantasy game that you can find from that yet another Final Fantasy AMV on YouTube.

OH YEAH! When I was 7, I would seriously cry from fear if I came face-to-face with a Cyberdemon or Spider Mastermind in Doom or Doom 2. No, seriously. Does that count?

Back