• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever cry because of a video game?

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    Yeah, I cried in PMD2 when Grovyle saved me. I soon got over it, though, by finding a wondermail generator, setting Treecko to recruit, and leveling him up to a Grovyle. I know, it's cheating, but it helped me.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    There is a spoiler tag, ya'know.

not many others were using them so I figured fair warning would be sufficient and I didn't give away too much info but if you'd like

Spoiler:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I almost cried at the ending of "Hey you, Pikachu!" when Pikachu "leaves" with his group of buddies after you've been bombing around with him for the entire game...and then you're walking through the places where you played together, and you keep seeing faded-out images of him like he's still there...that almost got me.

I think I sat in stunned silence the first time I beat "Ikaruga," pretty sure there was no crying, though.

The endscene of The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night almost did me in, as well. Those first two piano notes of the song at the end just killed me.

I can't think of anything else.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I was playing Metriod Fusion on my GBA and there was this one boss that I absolutely could not beat...and I suppose I cried a little out of frustration =P

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I started crying when I was very little when I tried to pla Resident Evil Directors Cut when you go through this hall and the dogs jump in the windows and they killed me. To make t worst it was night time and I was YOUNG!

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2022
    I get so worked up when I fail a song on Guitar Hero, I feel as if I could cry.

I get so worked up when I fail a song on Guitar Hero or Rock Band, I feel as if I could cry.

Last edited:
    Years
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle- Ahh, the days when 3D Sonic games didn't suck *memorises* This was the last Sonic game to have a decent plot on any level, and right at the end of the game when Shadow died after the final boss battle, that made me cry as it was such a beautiful moment...was being the operative word. in Sonic Heroes they bought Shadow back for no reason other than to satisfy his rabid fangirls and make money, and dear god SEGA, if you're gonna do that put some thought into it, not "OMG 50GAZILLION SHADOWBOTS111!" way to ruin the only good story you;ve ever done. Anyways...

Metal Gear Solid 3- When Snake went to a gravestone at the end, and laid down some flowers and her fun in memory of the Boss, and Eva is speaking in the background. Brings me to tears...

Resident Evil 2- on Leon's disk when Ada falls to her death (well she never died, but you thought she did at the time) despite his efforts to pull her back up, that was the first time I ever cried at a video game.

May be some more, but can't remember them at the moment.

Rinku

Is back for "REVENGENCE."
    Years
    Actually, I recently beat LoZ Minish Cap (semi-easy game) as a ROM (after I beat it on GameBoy) and remembered how sad it is at the end when Ezlo leaves... and Link tries to follow behind him... I started to get watery eyes... but thinking of how fun the boss was, it washed the sadness away!

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I'm not a hardcore gamer but I do remember almost crying at the end of The World Ends With You. Lullaby For You, the credits and the main theme song, was so sad and fit the game ending so perfectly that I was almost crying. o.o

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I also cried because I kept losing on the A Bugs Life game. Boison Berries!

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
    I'm playing Final Fantasy IV DS (which by the way is an AMAZING game) and I didn't cry, but I did get emotional when....
    Spoiler:

Not that amazing of a scene, I know, but I love Kain to death. ; w;

AND

Spoiler:

I was more pissed than sad, but I was still sad. T_T

Spoiler:

I love that game too much, I swear that anything could make me emotional in that game. ; A;

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
    Years
    When I was nine, I cried at the end of PMD1. It was really sad. I also cried when Palom and Porom got turned into stone at the middle of FF4Advance. They were my fav characters.

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    No.I have never cried because of a game.If i liked it so much i would of started again XD
    Honestly,i havn't there hasn't been a game that i realy like except BattleField 2142 which never ends XD

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    Yeah, I cried at the End of Paper Mario: The Thousand year door. when Mario and his partners Split up.

It was my first playthough, i did not know i could contiune. but even now, whenever i see that ending, i Still cry.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I never really cried in this case, but the end of Odin Sphere kind of got to me.

Back