• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ever used the elemental monkeys?

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
    Years
    Like pretty much everyone else, I used Pansear for the first gym and for Cut, then put him in the PC, along with the other two I caught in Pinwheel Forest. There are better Pokemon you can get throughout the game from all those types.

MrUmbreon1994

Umbreon :D
    Years
    I chose Snivy at the start so I got Panpour and I liked it so he became my water type in my final team even knowing I had Cargosta who I consdred my rock type :) but thats just how I play it lol

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Nope. They are goofy looking. The only time I used any of those three was when I had to evolve them with their stones, afterwards I threw them back right into their spots in the PC

:t354:TG

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    tbh their only use was against the Striaton Gym Leaders for me and then I ditched them :x

Scat Away

Screws the Rules
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2011
    i used Panssear in my journey, that is untill i found Victini, in which case it lazed about in my PC, untill i took it out again after beating the game

xhainingx

grimer? I hardly know her
    Years
    i used panpour for waterfall and dive, thats it i think. I don't really like them at all. They're kinda fast but thats about it

Gilgαmesh

Panpour. And I only utilized it for Pansage for in-game. After I beat the Elite four, it became nothing more than a Surf/Waterfall/Strength HM Slave. :(

Years
    Not really >_>
    I picked Snivy until i learned his full evolution sucks even ingame wise so i replaced it with Ferrothorn
    I got the monkey who was water type(cant remember the name) and replaced it with a lv 70 miltotic on my cartridge.I have to say they have ok stats to say the least but really i just dont like them

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I used the little Pansage I got from Striaton for a bit, even after the gym. But once I finally evolved it at Lv. 28 I didn't really touch it again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    I hate monkeys so I didn't consider using them at all
    but I found myself forced to use Pansear since it helps in beating the first gym
    got the badge, boxed. story ends!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I've used Panpour and Pansage through the playthroughs of both games, and I've found them to be absolutely useless. They learn no decent attacks, they're just ridiculous. I ended up shelving my Simipour in Black for a nice blue Frillish XD

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    I loved the designs of the elemental monkeys. Their evolutions... not so much. I really wanted to use them, but they just didn't fit in well with my team. If they were exceptionally cool Pokémon, I would have been able to overlook the stats and such, but they weren't, so I ended up ditching mine (Panpour) after the first gym.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I used my Pansear/Simsear up until after the end of the main story, although I never really used him much. On the rare occasion I did use him, he often couldn't take down any more than 1 Pokemon, if that. So, while I was grinding for Cynthia and the E4 (I was seriously underleveled most of the game, so this was quite awhile) the poor old thing could barely get past one Pokemon without going down. Now, he was about ten or more levels below the competition, but the rest of my team could at least take down one Pokemon before going down. So I finally boxed him and went out and caught a Drillbur, which I trained into an Exadrill. I found that not only was this new catch far better than Simsear, but also leveled far quicker, likely for similar reasons.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
    I used my simisear (which I evolved at lv. 13, lord help me) until i got reshiram
    I tried to level mine evenly, which surprisingly i got simisear to lv. 30 until i got the lucky egg, where I grinded for about an hour, and simisear was my strongest at lv. 45. It passed my "starter" ("starter" because I ditched mine and traded for another one that was weaker :P) and my strongest (boldore at lv. 37).
    I started using the lucky egg to bring all my other pokemon up to speed, and my boldore became my weakest.
    Now I ditched the thing because Fire Blast and Incinerate and some other move that I forgot (lick maybe?) was not enough, Reshiram is a million times better, but hey, if you want a simisear lv. 48 then just ask

Years
    I only used it to avoid unwanted EVs in the beginning of the game. Once my Tepig was fully EV Traied (L25 before leaving the Dreamyard and I found my first legitimate Shiny while training xD ), I never used it again. I technically didn't box it since I have all of SIX pokemon after just beating Skyla (not including my Shiny box, which only holds a single Purrloin). My Emboar is now L53 with over 200 in both HP and Attack. I'm thinking of finishing the game as a Solo run with Emboar. xD My monkey is actually the next highest leveled pokemon at L13. :P

The Purrloin is not up for trade since its IVs SUCK and overall it's just a horrible pokemon, so don't bother asking. xD

Side Note: The only battles I EVER used it in was a few battles against Cheren to avoid the SpAtt EV until Pignite was EV'd, the Double Battle near the Daycare, and the boy near the entrance to Nacrene City to avoid his Roggenrola

Last edited:
    Back