• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Faeries & Legends [Night Four - Banquet]

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
  • Johnny this is a simple concept.

One of two mafia members could've died n0 - Sphinx and Hippo College Ground.
    Sphinx is mentioned to actually be doing something n1

What does this mean????????

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    As this foolishness has left me little choice, I've whispered my role to this irksome gadfly Johnny.

Don't blame me when either:
    A) Naku punishes this info collection by doing something to Johnny and/or his whisperers
    B) Johnny is evil and together with his buddies is making the biggest play in the history of Mafia games

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    You know... sometimes I think I'll probably play a bit better once the player count gets low enough. There's so many people in here that I'm just inclined to just watch and see how things unfold before thinking about anything.

So much things going on, it does make me wish there was a TL:DR version of everything... then again, I guess you could say this game is crazy.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • You know... sometimes I think I'll probably play a bit better once the player count gets low enough. There's so many people in here that I'm just inclined to just watch and see how things unfold before thinking about anything.

So much things going on, it does make me wish there was a TL:DR version of everything... then again, I guess you could say this game is crazy.

Reading is how you uncover hidden secrets and contradictions. I almost always recheck roles at phase changes to see which role is relevant to the change. Bandwagon plays early are high risk high reward, and late game you can't afford to bandwagon just because people are too lazy to read.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • It's a good thing that you're a bad mafia player and you will be wrong then.
    tumblr_od05edR1vO1veiyo4o2_400.gif

Reactions: Sun

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Reading is how you uncover hidden secrets and contradictions. I almost always recheck roles at phase changes to see which role is relevant to the change. Bandwagon plays early are high risk high reward, and late game you can't afford to bandwagon just because people are too lazy to read.

Everyone needs to be vocal, point fingers and share reads during early game; that way you'll have an idea of who's innocent and who's not. What happens if the Cop dies before revealing? You can guess who they investigated by going back through pages and see who they wanted to lynch/not lynch. A quiet town is a dead town; a cop will try to lay low if nobody's talking. The best thing you can do right now is whisper your role, anyone who doesn't is a -1.

Hmm... I'm thinking of something right now. (Being on vacation kind of messes things up as you kind of want to do other things and your phone's roaming.)

I'm still feeling rather awful when it comes to whispers... I think I have a hard time about deciding if it's worth my time for it. Like, what if I chose wrong? Then again, I guess that's part of the fun.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • You're right. I didn't read N1, and by Gunner's logic I assumed things backwards.

We already established that Klippy isn't Grendel anyway, and that Grendel only has one recruit. The Tanuki wanting to save Sun doesn't make any sense though. That's how I assumed Sun was the one "hiding something" according to Klippy's information.

@Klippy: Did you receive this information from the Sandman?

I'd like the Sandman to tell me who they visited N0 and N1 because Pecilia claims to have been visited by the Sandman too.

No idea who visited me. All I got was the PM with the names and this: "You feel one of them has something to hide". So it's Winter or Sun or Fletch (based on the PM).

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    It's a good thing that you're a bad mafia player and you will be wrong then.
    You're treating the slightest skepticism or hesitation as suspicious and "dumb", when the concerns are, to the knowledge of someone with no ability, real possibilities. The objective truth remains to be seen, but don't think me a fool for not wanting to rush to conclusions; for all I can truly confirm, a good deal of your bandwagon could be your Mafia buddies.

On the other hand, if you are innocent - which you probably are - then I've still nothing to regret. I believe a little skepticism is healthy in a game like Mafia.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • No idea who visited me. All I got was the PM with the names and this: "You feel one of them has something to hide". So it's Winter or Sun or Fletch (based on the PM).

This sounds exactly like the Sandman's ability. Which night did you receive it on?

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    All right, I'm no longer maintaining radio silence now that I think I get what's going on now... Let's hope this won't bite me back.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    You're right. I didn't read N1, and by Gunner's logic I assumed things backwards.

We already established that Klippy isn't Grendel anyway, and that Grendel only has one recruit. The Tanuki wanting to save Sun doesn't make any sense though. That's how I assumed Sun was the one "hiding something" according to Klippy's information.

@Klippy: Did you receive this information from the Sandman?

I'd like the Sandman to tell me who they visited N0 and N1 because Pecilia claims to have been visited by the Sandman too.

You do realize that the Tanuki belongs to the townie right? :o I mean if the tanuki assumes I'm a townie too (ahem, iirc, no one knows I chose the townie as my alignment before the switcheroo took place), then how is it that strange for a townie wanting to save a townie.

@Klippy, not tryna challenging you. But instead of thinking that Winter, Fletch and I are sus, have you tried considering that your message sender is a scum? :o Like what makes ya believe he or she's a townie?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Do you people even bother to read the OP?

First: The Tanuki has no possible way of knowing your alignment, Sun. And second, what makes you think the mafia can do the same as the sandman? You guys seem to be assuming a lot of things that were never written in the OP or even mentioned by the GM. Which triggers a few alarms if you ask me.

You missed a word -- 'assume', I did not hint or explicitly said that the tanuki knows my alignment... :(

And I thought someone simply whispered to Klippy, like how we whispered our roles to you?

And sorry for not being sorry Johnny, just like Klippy, I have a life too. I go to work, I have a private life too -- I do not invest all my time on PC, if me not remembering the deets appear to be alarming well then what can I do? Quit my job? Lol

Back