• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Famicom aka. Nintendo Entertainment System (NES™) Discussion Thread

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
Years
Has anyone played Action 52?

220px-Action_52_(NES)_box_art.jpg

God, the price was rediculous even for all those games. XD There was a lot of space shooters. :/

tigerBLADE

Years
I saw that on AVGN. It looked awful, although apparently Cheetamen was the only half-decent game on there.

Did you know there was a Genesis version of that as well?

Yes, except in that version there were... a lot more puzzles. XD And Pong. :/

I only remember Action 52 because that's where the Cheetah men comes from. I also remember playing that weird game where you have a lollipop as a weapon. It was... weird and frustrating to play. XD

tigerBLADE

Years
You mean this game?

Kid_Icarus_NES_box_art.png

Yeah, I've only played it for a little while though, until I got stuck.. somewhere near the beginning, haha. But I'll finish it someday, because I love Kid Icarus for the 3DS, so, I just wonder how the origional Kid Icarus would play out. ^^

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
Oh do you have Kid icarus:uprising? It is fun and I love the graphics it reminds me of Final fantasy XD

Anyway have you ever heard of atari?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm sure most people that frequent this forum have heard of Atari, haha.

Yeah, I've only played it for a little while though, until I got stuck.. somewhere near the beginning, haha. But I'll finish it someday, because I love Kid Icarus for the 3DS, so, I just wonder how the origional Kid Icarus would play out. ^^

I thought about buying it for VC on my Wii, but it's a bit too late for that now, eh? Haha. I would probably just go off and forget about it, along with the other bajillion games I have on there. v__v

tigerBLADE

Years
I'm sure most people that frequent this forum have heard of Atari, haha.

I thought about buying it for VC on my Wii, but it's a bit too late for that now, eh? Haha. I would probably just go off and forget about it, along with the other bajillion games I have on there. v__v

It's never too late! =O If you ever get a Wii U, you can still send your data over to it!

I plan to buy it on the VC if I ever get a chance too~

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Ah, the good ol' NES. I'm not even a huge Nintendo fan, and yet I think the NES is a brilliant system. I mean, it brought us timeless classics like Super Mario Bros. 3, which is still a great game, and it innovated the gaming industry.

This was back before Nintendo devolved into remaking the same boring, repetitive "New" Super Mario Bros. every year (Seriously, I don't know why Nintendo fans defend this move but bash CoD for doing the exact same thing). This was back when a new Mario game meant a new adventure.

But seriously, the NES was and still is phenomenal. It brought us so many great games that there are too many to count.

Now the LJN games, on the other hand...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Ah, the good ol' NES. I'm not even a huge Nintendo fan, and yet I think the NES is a brilliant system. I mean, it brought us timeless classics like Super Mario Bros. 3, which is still a great game, and it innovated the gaming industry.

This was back before Nintendo devolved into remaking the same boring, repetitive "New" Super Mario Bros. every year (Seriously, I don't know why Nintendo fans defend this move but bash CoD for doing the exact same thing). This was back when a new Mario game meant a new adventure.

But seriously, the NES was and still is phenomenal. It brought us so many great games that there are too many to count.

In seven years, we've had four NSMB games. And that was one game per console at that. In the same seven years there's been like ten CoD games. Not exactly apples and apples here.

I love the original SMB games and the NSMB just doesn't compare. They're more of a reboot. People probably fell in love with the original NSMB because it was the first game like that since Super Mario Land 2 on the Game Boy. But... it was simply average. NSMBWii was a bit better, more challenging, but still bland. I was not interested in the 3DS's NSMB2 at all and I haven't played it.

But NSMB U? And Luigi U? I want to play those. They look... better. Visually. And from word of mouth I've come across from people who have played it, it is more in line with what they had hoped the original NSMB would have been in the first place.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Bringing that topic up is going to make everyone cry, lmao. There ain't no pot of gold at the end of that rainbow!

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I asked someone if they knew what the Atari was. They had no idea what I was talking about. o__O

As for LJN, I saw a video of some of the games. Dear god they look terrible. About as bad as Action 51.

Maybe they were too young? Or don't take an interest in retro gaming like I do. And woah there, even if LJN games are bad, I wouldn't lower it down to any level near Action 52.

tabor62

Years
Seen it already, and it was a lot more playable than the games in Action 52 no? I'm not saying that they are okay y'know :P

Captain Falcon

Gotta go fast
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
Anyone else amazed by Super Mario Bros 3?

It's almost unbelievable how Nintendo managed to create that game on such a limited system.

tabor62

Years
Anyone played megaman?

megaman2_box-711847.jpg

He looks ridiculous at this box art XD

Pfft, you think that looks ridiculous? Have you seen the boxart for the first one?
Spoiler:

It's almost unbelievable how Nintendo managed to create that game on such a limited system.

I think it was a great game for it's time o 3o Mario's a great game, but I'm not a really big fan. Mostly cuz I suck at these kinds of games haha.

tigerBLADE

Years

Actually, I'm kind of not suprised at all; the NES was so influential in the side-scrolling aspect, because of the general great games that it created, like Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros., Castlevania, and so on. But yeah, I really do love Super Mario Bros 3! It was the only mario game that I didn't finish though... :(

Anyone played megaman?

megaman2_box-711847.jpg

He looks ridiculous at this box art XD

Hah, well, I guess they deciphered him as an actual "Man". :3 Otherwise, I don't think he looks bad at all! Although... he's as tall as Quickman? @__@

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Those MegaMan box arts are terrifying tbh. As for SMB3, I actually grew up with the SNES version of it (from Super Mario All-Stars) and it was my favorite game as a kid! :) I have the NES version on VC, and I was playing it the other night actually. So fun! I got the toot. ;3

Spoiler:

We always called it the toot instead of the flute or the whistle. I blame this line right here. XD

tigerBLADE

Years

Ugh, LJN...

The very same company that brought us The Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine, Jaws, Nightmare on Elm Street, and The Karate Kid. Not to mention the Rollin' Rocker accessory, that had a reputation of causing injuries.

Surprisingly and unfortunately enough, LJN made every single NES game movie adaptation. :x

Last edited:
Back