• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
  • What is the most unlikely thing - one that was completely against the odds - that has happened in a fic of yours? Why was it unlikely (if it's not obvious) and what was its purpose in the story?

In my new fic, I was planning on having a rookie trainer throwing a pokeball too hard and breaking it on the pokemon's face.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • What is the most unlikely thing - one that was completely against the odds - that has happened in a fic of yours? Why was it unlikely (if it's not obvious) and what was its purpose in the story?

I remember have one of my characters run up to her friend and hug min tightly. Why is this unlikely, you ask? Well, the character was a limbless Pupitar... I edited the chapter before I got any reviews so I don't think anyone saw, but I think it's time to let the cat out of the box.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years

Other than the entirety of Warp Series? XD

Well, Anima Ex Machina has a vaguely explained (but, if you really think about it, biologically impossible) mutation occurring over a period of about a week or two. I really haven't worked it entirely out, and I've yet to find someone to call me out on it. (Edit: Never mind. Hi, Skunter! XD) Unfortunately, it's also hard to work around because there needs to be a transformation in the fic, and it needs to happen a bit fast. *shrug*

And then, there's some amusing things involving my lack of knowledge with how male-male sex works. A friend called me out on that, but I've yet to change it because I think it's hilarious now that I know better. (If you can find my writing journal, it's one of my more recent ones.) Let's just say, though, that if you're going to write smut, don't use other smut as your basis of research.

I can't recall anything of note in the most recent version of Midsummer Knights. Probably the lack of logic about the political system if you step back and wonder about it. I mean, it's more of an anarchy, and the entire system concerning voting is just overly complicated. *shrugs again*

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years

I guess one would be when Latias was having a hallucination that she was drowning and yet managed to continue to fly at supersonic speeds without so much as veering off-course. Another would be Houndour evolving in the midst of a fight and laying waste to the enemies that were previously overpowering him and his partners.

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
    Years

Probably when I Had a Snorlax sit on a guy, who happened to be holding an air tank. The air tank ruptured, but it didn't lift the Snorlax, instead it created an air bubble in the Snorlax's fat, saving the guys life. The Snorlax didn't even notice. But that is another story.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
    The main character captured an Entei in the second chapter because it was burning the down Viridian City... Oh, and this was with a regular Pokeball, no weakening.

Another one was that my main character of my first ever fanfiction defeated a Gyarados... with a Charmander. This was in the fourth chapter...

Bay

Years
  • Ack, don't have time to answer all the questions. Only going to do a couple. And sorry for not coming here for a bit. Busy. -_-

Have you ever taken up the task of trying to create an entirely new world as a fictional setting for stories?

The original version of "Nothing, Everything" I made up the region and cities. The new version though I just went with Sinnoh.

What is the most unlikely thing - one that was completely against the odds - that has happened in a fic of yours? Why was it unlikely (if it's not obvious) and what was its purpose in the story?
    Chapter 15 of "Nothing, Everything," most notably the Lucas/Jacob scene. Orginally I was going to have Lucas shoot Jacob, but then the former professor has his Xatu used Teleport. However, I then got inspired by the trailer of Eagle Eye (hadn't watch that movie yet ^^;) and so I then have the new scene be of both Jacob and his Xatu jump off a cliff. The purpose of that scene is to show that Jacob has a cunning side to him that even Jacob didn't know himself.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • *Watches tumbleweed roll by*

...Indubitably.

How much do you actually read other people's fanfiction?

Admittedly, I don't go through many. I'm keeping up with maybe four, and I think Ive read two others in their entirety thus far.

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
  • How much do you actually read other people's fanfiction?

Very little lately. It's rare that I find something worth following that isn't a one-shot, and while good one-shots are certainly good, it always seems they're over too fast.

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
    Years

A little. I tend to skim through the first chapter before I actually read it, then If I like it, I read it. Maybe if I'm bored I review it.

Ooh! Ooh! I got one!

Have you ever used a real world product in one of your fics? Ex: Brand of soda or gum.

No not really. I just don't have any situations were they are needed.

Post Office Buddy

Years
    I read a random chapter from different fictions every once in a while. Still need to catch up on quite a few, most notably Xanthine's.

Have you ever used a real world product in one of your fics? Ex: Brand of soda or gum.
    I don't think I ever have actually. I might have, I just don't remember.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Have you ever used a real world product in one of your fics? Ex: Brand of soda or gum.

Bill and the gang fully endorse Macs.

Seriously, no. I've never really found a need to. MKD takes place in a future where the brands we know aren't in use anymore, my shorts never really found a reason to bring one up, and AEM's apparently populated with a bunch of people who seem to like indie brands/making their own clothing and food.

That and I've always felt awkward bringing up real-world brands seemingly out of the blue. *shrug*

Edit: Oh wait. Scratch that. Rose is a fan of Hello Kitty.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I can't believe I'm gonna post here.

Now the thing is, I'm new to Fan-Fiction (well, not really. Even the most respectful raters flamed me for my works 5 years ago XD). Well, yes, I'm planning to give Fan-Fiction Writing one more try. And this is the works I have been able to come up with.

It's called: Mexican Chocolate

I'm just going to say it's about Ash, Dawn, Brock, and Max (in events 5 years after Sinnoh) travel to "Mexico" in the Pokemon World just to tour around. When they cross paths with 2 antagonists (one known in the anime, and one made up) who both seek the Orb of the Ancient Aztecs, thus the three rival. The misplacement of the orb are revealed to likely cause a massive change in water currents and destroy the Ecosystem of Sinnoh.

Right now I am working on the Primary Antagonist's Epilogue. I am just wondering if anyone would like to help me out on any possible aspects and details to the story. Reviews are also accepted.

And no, I will not be abusing stereotypes :P.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Have you ever used a real world product in one of your fics? Ex: Brand of soda or gum.

Pshah. I make up my own products. Kinda need to, since the fic that actually has products in it takes place on a super-futuristic/post-apocalyptic planet.

I'm just going to say it's about Ash, Dawn, Brock, and Max

And no, I will not be abusing stereotypes :P.

Well, if you have a segment up, I could at least glance it over.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I refrain from making any suggestions involving Brock, tequila, a lovely señorita, Montezuma's revenge, and Mexican prisons.

Other than that, sounds interesting, and I wish you luck.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well, it's linked with those hidden Mexican meanings you almost never get. Chocolate represents pleasure (since it's scientifically proven it brings more than kissing anyways) and in this fic due to the pleasure that comes from the power given to the Holder of the Ancient Aztec Orb. However, like chocolate in a hot place, it doesn't last long and eventually becomes a mess. That "beyond eye" meaning that usually runs through Mexicans just came to me. Ironically, I was staring at M&Ms and Tamarind Candies when I came up with the title. Mexican Chocolate! I didn't even know how it came, but as I developed a few details, I got it. Virtually, that title just came from my sub-consciousness.

Post Office Buddy

Years
  • I refrain from making any suggestions involving Brock, tequila, a lovely señorita, Montezuma's revenge, and Mexican prisons.
    Lol wut? Montezuma's Revenge? I think that just made my day. Sometimes I think I love you, Xanthine.

Aha! New question!

What is the most completely random title you have ever given to a fic? For what reason did you title your fic this?
    I haven't really given any of my fanfics a fun, random title, but I would love to see what you have all done!

Actually, I think I'll apply this question to anything you have written. In that case, I have written an essay entitled "Yay! Economic Crisis!" because I was bored and getting stressed out over family issues, and therefore in a sarcastic mood. That essay was garbage, though, since I used way too much sarcasm and ended up insulting the reader halfway through.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back