• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    *last postage*

Shattered could be seen to be somewhat of a destiny fic as well, but it won't come into play the way you might think. Lol.

*last postage*

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    In my fic, my main character is somewhat "chosen", being the son of a powerful tyrant, but not chosen by any mystical force.

Misheard Whisper

Years
    I don't think Bevan counts, Citrinin. Being Chosen generally comes from an ancient prophecy, choice by a legendary, or both. As far as I can tell, Bevan doesn't fit the criteria. Rest easy.

*new avi entitles me to last postage*

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    Sorry, everyone, but the revolution isn't going to be happening anytime soon. I kind of turned by laptop off because of an arguement between my mother and me, and my laptop won't turn back on.

Right now, I'm using my father's desktop, which is really uncomfortable to sit at. It's slow, and it doesn't have Firefox on it. (I'm using Internet Explorer.)

For the forseeable future, I'm not really going to be active. I'm not sure when I'll be getting a new computer, so I can't say when I'll be back to full activity. But right now, you can't really look to me to lead anyone or to do anything because of how things are going for me.

So the current lounge is going to stay, and Astinus will not be around to rant, party, mock, or mod.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Murphy's Law strikes again. D:

It's OK, though. It's not like the Lounge is an unbearable thorn in our side or anything. ^_^

Misheard Whisper

Years
    Sorry, everyone, but the revolution isn't going to be happening anytime soon. I kind of turned by laptop off because of an arguement between my mother and me, and my laptop won't turn back on.

Right now, I'm using my father's desktop, which is really uncomfortable to sit at. It's slow, and it doesn't have Firefox on it. (I'm using Internet Explorer.)
    I use IE, and it's fine. It's comfy and easy to wear use.

For the forseeable future, I'm not really going to be active. I'm not sure when I'll be getting a new computer, so I can't say when I'll be back to full activity. But right now, you can't really look to me to lead anyone or to do anything because of how things are going for me.

So the current lounge is going to stay, and Astinus will not be around to rant, party, mock, or mod.
    we can mock you while you're not here right asty? Ah well, see you when we see you.

Murphy's Law strikes again. D:

It's OK, though. It's not like the Lounge is an unbearable thorn in our side or anything. ^_^
    So true.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    lol I just read in the news (again) that Microsoft says that hackers can use IE to get to people's info (again). I mearly converted to FF, just cause everyone else was though (a while back). And I like it.

/me makes a mess of the place while Astinus is away then maliciously has a plan to blame it on the person who posts below me.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    I have a whip, and I'm not afraid to use it, if you try that. >;D

Why don't we have two mods in here? o.o Surely that would prevent situations like this, though.

Misheard Whisper

Years
    I vote we vote for a new mod, and get Rukario to promote them. But on second thoughts, there isn't really enough activity here . . .

I tried Firefox, but I didn't like it.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    *points at Citrinin and laughs evily*

But then her hypnotic powers would not be so effective against us. hehe

That and also because last co mod probably ended up as a blood sacrifice to her ritual of immortality (okay I say this only because I just watched an anime that involved such a thing).

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Firefox is good for add-ons. And for being infinitely better than anything else. But that is a discussion for the computers and technology section.

Anyway, writing about people who have a few screws loose is hard. Fun, but hard.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Anyway, writing about people who have a few screws loose is hard. Fun, but hard.

That's given me an idea. Perhaps we can have a bit of a challenge, that whoever can write a small story or something to that affect, of a messed up person, ummm get's the honour of realism?

I've never had the opportunity to create a messed up character, but I've always liked to.

Misheard Whisper

Years
    I should win by default, if some of my characters in Shattered had been written yet. If not, what about my Cyrus in Torn?

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    That's given me an idea. Perhaps we can have a bit of a challenge, that whoever can write a small story or something to that affect, of a messed up person, ummm get's the honour of realism?

I've never had the opportunity to create a messed up character, but I've always liked to.
    I put you at a disadvantage by having a social worker for a mother. Have I told you all the story about the face-eating guy?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I put you at a disadvantage by having a social worker for a mother. Have I told you all the story about the face-eating guy?

lol no I haven't heard it, even then I'd just like to try :P I actually feel compelled enough to do it now (despite the fact that it is already past midnight, and I still have ch 1 to plan for my fic, haha).

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    That sounds fun. :D I love to write about flawed characters, so solely focusing on that goal to the extreme would be excellent. XD

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
    Years
    Hmm, what exactly do you mean by won't turn on? Does pressing the power button not do anything at all? If so it's likely a fault with the battery, and if it persists even when plugged in with the battery removed then it's some hardware failure in the power circuitry. Either that or the power brick went bad at the same time as the battery. If it is a hardware failure not related to the battery or power brick then yeah, that could be a problem on a laptop. On a desktop you could just replace the PSU... To be safe try removing the battery and running it from a different wall outlet than you normally charge it on (preferably in a different room of the house as well). If you have access to a second power brick/cable try that too. You can never know...

If it does turn on at all but the POST screen gives some sort of drive error, than obviously something happened to the drive. Likely corruption of some kind, perhaps due to age. At the best it'd merely be a problem with the MBR or partition table, at the worst it could be a head crash. Now if the POST screen gives some sort of other error it could be anything from a dead BIOS battery, corrupted BIOS chip, or some other random hardware failure that may or may not be easily solvable depending on what exactly failed.

On Firefox, I'm assuming your dad doesn't want you to install anything on the computer but if you need FF (which you do. IE sucks. Really) go get Portable Firefox. It's entirely self-contained, being meant to run off a flash drive. No trace on the computer at all, no registry settings, cookies, history, cache, nothing. Well, unless you run it off the computer but you can just delete it afterwards if that's the case. No uninstall needed!

I pretty much already have. Again, though, they can't be posted here.

...Okay, actually these ones aren't that bad as they don't have any, you know, pr0n or anything in them but they are still fetish writing which I'm pretty sure would be breaking the rules even without the pr0n.

God, I'm like the FFL perv or something.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Oh crap. This plot bunny has maddening potential to fit in with a fic idea I've had bumbling around in my head forever.

Explain "perv" in the context of this lounge.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I pretty much already have. Again, though, they can't be posted here.

...Okay, actually these ones aren't that bad as they don't have any, you know, pr0n or anything in them but they are still fetish writing which I'm pretty sure would be breaking the rules even without the pr0n.

A crazy person doesn't have to be fetish-like or a perv, and anyway, I was thinking of a one shot, still related to Pokemon.

What I'd write would be closer to a horror.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Eh, it can wait, Astinus - no biggie. We'll just spam some more while we wait. =P I already practically live here though =p

I just use IE as it rarely fails on me. Then again, I also have Vista, which also has given me very, very few problems, which is apparently odd. But eh, I'm not complaining. XD

I occassionally judge fics by their reviews, but it does depend on the location (on ffnet, there are so many short reviews...), and the reviews themselves (points to the very short ones as being pointless for truely judging a fic).
    Sometimes I also have fun reading reviews by themselves (after reading the fic some so I actually know hat the review talks about) - also fun to do, sometimes I learn something and all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back