• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    well mods don't delete a thread... at most it's a close but really there isn't a need to Dizzy...

@ note for all fanfic writers:
    I just really want to say this... sorry to offend you but so many fics of these things happening really annoys me...

-there's ENOUGH EEVEELUTION fanfics out there... for every 10 fanfics, 4 of them has eeveelutions or something...
    -and another 5/10 must have a legendary! Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Mew or whatever...
    -the last 1/10 uses some "normal" Pokemon, those who aren't superior...

It's seriously boring after reading SO MANY fanfics that all revolve around pretty much the same Pokemon over and over again... if you do insist on writing about them, it's going to be REAL HARD for you to stand out of the crowd...

@ The One Drop: quite a well written fanfic with the battle between Castform and Whismur done very well... you know exactly what's happening in the battle. At the same time, it follows the game pretty well too, such as secret power making swift.

However, Castform seems to be a bit idle before it started using ember (ahh yes Castform in the game must be "it"s but I don't mind that being changed in the fanfic), and that's a bit weird... Also new trainer fanfic never excites me that much... and same for this one. Not that the fanfic is poorly written, but it's just my own prejudice on that one...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    well I don't mind seeing legendaries appear... but not as some main character... legendaries and eeveelutions and anything else are nice to see as support characters... but legendaries and eeveelutions flood the main character role way too badly... so badly that any fic with them as main characters is automatically quite repulsive already. >>;

3 years of the continous eeveelutions and legendaries as main characters tend to make you feel so terrible when you see even more fanfics with them as main characters.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    Yeah, I still don't have that in my fics. I still have starters and beginning pok?s. My characters are almost in Dewford Island.

Years
    Err...no offense to anyone but I think there's been too many Pokemorph fanfictions too... O_o

I mean...it's a unique fanfic before, now it's just everything about it... O_o

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    oni flygon said:
    No they're not...You just need some patience and experience if you want people to read your fanfics... ^_^

I know but...People just don't realize how much work I'm putting in my fan-fics for them to read it... They just Ignore it, and go on to another story..sorta of mean but seriously... I could be patient, I just choose not to be.

Years
    ^^NICK^^ v.3.0 said:
    What exactly is Pokemorph, and I don't think I'm doing, so i guess that's good.

Pokemorphs are those people who turn to Pokemon...XD

There's too much of them before...now they're sinking slowly...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Pokemorph... they disappeared into the thin air lately o.o; So it's fine with me I guess... it's those darned Eeveelutions though... THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!! (and there's another new Eeveelution related fanfic out in PC today... see what I mean?)

As for you Dizzy, a good way to help you getting more viewers is to change your story layout...

-just start the story, and save the author's notes at the end
    -don't start with a short summary of the chapter... why would anyone continue on reading if they basically know what's happening already?
    -LENGTH!!! good cutline is at least 900 words a chapter (songfic and poems exception)
    -and descriptions... 99% of all fanfics need a lot of those

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    ...I have no writing skills whatsoever then... I put all my work into my fan-fics but they just aren't good enough, I followed pretty much every rule and stuff, taking tips from the Great Oni himself, and still.......it doesnt get me anywhere. -_- oh the shame of writing

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    practice makes perfect ^_^ No one is born knowing how to write correctly. Most writers on ffnet has multiple accounts where they failed on 9 of them and got famous on the last one.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    But what's a story with no replies...how do I continue? How do I get as good as some of *not to be offensive but* some of the writers that don't have proper skill, like I do?

I mean it just doesn't make sense...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    a good suggestion is to get yourself an account on ffnet... seriously it's by far the best place for any fanfiction. If you got yourself a review of one review per chapter for a Pokemon story, that's pretty good already... Oni Flygon is there, Cartoon is here, Keleri is there, Lightning is there, Pogiforce is there as well and I'm sure that's other PC members there as well (just that I haven't found them all yet).

Ties of Love and Friendship got 1 review per chapter I believe as an average, and we know that it's a hot seller in PC here... this proves how getting just one review is an excellent start. You just have to be persistent and keep writing... fanfiction.net is easier to get reviews actually because everyone gets to see...

a) title
    -first ad for your story... a good title that's not cliche is an important step to a good start

b) 1000 word or plus+
    -first filter available of FFnet to seperate the absolute junk from the pile of fanfics... having 1000 words is crucial because you'll survive the first filter then

c) the 2 lines of description
    -this decides the fate of your story rather you get reviews or not pretty much... a good description will automatically suck up people to read your story, and will usually leave comments regardless of good or bad (unless it sucks to a point where they quit half way through, but those who can write a good description will usually have a good fanfic)

Also, try reading fanfics who got awesome amount of reviews from ffnet... learn how they write, and reflect upon it... and think how you can apply some of the special things they do to your story.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    I don't get any reviews though, it takes days to get reviews and I make them mostly (with In-trance ^_^) Maybe that's what I should do right now.

I really want people to read my stories, not ignore them, but maybe I'm not good enough (which pretty much is 99 percent of the case)

My Newest one should meet all of those requirements frosty!

Last edited:

Aiya Quackform

Her High Quackiness
    Years
    Frostweaver: Thanks for your compliment and comment. I have to say I agree that legendaries, eeveelutions, and trainer fics are far too common. But I will tell you that while One Drop appears to be a trainer fic at first, it will greatly diverge from the standard story very quickly.

Also, Chapter 3 is being posted for your reading pleasure.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *reads the latest chapter*

This time relatively short compare to your other chapters, but the length is still good ^_^ Most of it is more Pokemon battling, which really doesn't require much time to read (you can start skimming when you know that nothing is happening but a Pokemon battle).

I still think that the story is rather taking on a slow toll, but that maybe a psychological effect from seeing what could have been one chapter breaking up into 3 posts... meh.

Not to mention, gotta hate the MEGA CLICHE names like Inferno, Moonlight, and especially Shadow (even worst if it's on an Umbreon... that's the worst name possible for one of the most boring Pokemon). Fanfic writers should either avoid nicknaming in all, or choose some better nicknames that doesnt' sound like some magic from RPG games... >>;

Years
    My fanfic might look like a trainer fanfic at first glance, but the plot soon deepens. I only have one cliched Pokemon nickname...and that's Blaze... (who is a Charizard) Otherwise, here's other nicknames:
    Abby - Gary's Alakazam
    Doga - Gary's Steelix
    Gabby - Gary's Milotic
    Damian - Gary's Scizor
    Sage - Gary's Pidgeot

btw, my main character's name is Gary since Gary is Green's anime counterpart and Gary is Green and Yellow's son...

Some of my character's Pokemon:
    Emily - Yomi(Dragonair)
    Nick - Leaf(Venusaur -cliched?) Alm(Beautifly) Sigurd(Mightyena) [Notice that all of his Pokemon's nicknames are names of Fire Emblem Lords]

That's just some... ;)

Last edited:

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    Aiya Quackform said:
    Frostweaver: Thanks for your compliment and comment. I have to say I agree that legendaries, eeveelutions, and trainer fics are far too common. But I will tell you that while One Drop appears to be a trainer fic at first, it will greatly diverge from the standard story very quickly.

Also, Chapter 3 is being posted for your reading pleasure.
    Let me guess (I read it on GHPF about 3 months ago):
    Mari leaves the academy and goes to Slateport where she meets someone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back