• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    Dizzy said:
    ...I have no writing skills whatsoever then... I put all my work into my fan-fics but they just aren't good enough, I followed pretty much every rule and stuff, taking tips from the Great Oni himself, and still.......it doesnt get me anywhere. -_- oh the shame of writing
    I think the reason people don't read your fanfiction is because you make them based on anceint history and geography most of the time. I think it's really good that you are well educated and interested in those topics, but most people aren't, and they don't understand whta you talk about. Like all the old royalty, and European stuff and tieing that into your fiction, most people are probably confused. Try to write so that your audiance understands, and is interested. That's just my opinion, trying speak for the rest of the readers.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    ^^NICK^^ v.3.0 said:
    I think the reason people don't read your fanfiction is because you make them based on anceint history and geography most of the time. I think it's really good that you are well educated and interested in those topics, but most people aren't, and they don't understand whta you talk about. Like all the old royalty, and European stuff and tieing that into your fiction, most people are probably confused. Try to write so that your audiance understands, and is interested. That's just my opinion, trying speak for the rest of the readers.

No I don't, I don't do that to any of them (well there was one but it was total bull)

Years
    Dizzy said:
    No I don't, I don't do that to any of them (well there was one but it was total bull)

One thing you need to do to attract people in your fanfictions is to make the title a bit more interesting. Second, try to make the start of your fanfiction as interesting as possible. That could be achieved by describing the main character or describing his/her past...

But you have talent in you. Don't discourage yourself I'm sure you'll be a great writer! I'm a struggling writer myself. I was like any amateur writer before...but if you keep on doing your best, you'll learn a lot and I'm sure you'll improve and become well-known!

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    oni flygon said:
    One thing you need to do to attract people in your fanfictions is to make the title a bit more interesting. Second, try to make the start of your fanfiction as interesting as possible. That could be achieved by describing the main character or describing his/her past...

But you have talent in you. Don't discourage yourself I'm sure you'll be a great writer! I'm a struggling writer myself. I was like any amateur writer before...but if you keep on doing your best, you'll learn a lot and I'm sure you'll improve and become well-known!

I really don't think they'd read it even if I did that... but whatever, its worth a try. People will never read my fan-fics...they just won't. All this work for nothing.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Actually, a good nickname is just taking off one or two letters from the japanese name of the Pokemon XD 80% of the time this works rather well. Also I personally avoid taking names from famous games like Fire Emblem, because it makes unintended allusions which may confuse your readers.

And Dizzy, just keep this altittude up and you'll be scaring away your readers... I mean why should people read your fanfics if they see the author saying "Hi my name is Dizzy and my story is crap!" Since readers must trust in the author to know what's happening, they'll also believe your own reviews of your story. If you say that it's crap, then it will be automatically assumed that it's crap. So really stop saying such things before you scare the rest of your readers away O.o;

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Fine I'll just drop this fake attitude and be myself... ^_^

Hey I'm Dizzy and my story is the best thing in the world. I really put alot of work into it and I'd really appreciate if you'd read it. If you have any comments please post them in the thread, I will take comments and criticisms alike. Please, read my awesome story ^_^.

How's that, the only reason I put on this fake online attitude is to be "nice" I'm not really like this.

[Fair]

URPG Official
    Years
    Um, yeah, hey, how's it goin'?

*Crickets Chirp*

Wow... Tough crowd. Anyhoo, I posted the first story of the Pellet Town Chronicles, "The Pellet Town Heist". I'd really appreciate it if somebody checked it out and told me what they think... *Sniff*

It's a different kind of story in that it's a parody of many popular movies and TV shows. But it's still a Pok?mon story at heart.

Aiya Quackform

Her High Quackiness
    Years
    Batesy said:
    Let me guess (I read it on GHPF about 3 months ago):
    Mari leaves the academy and goes to Slateport where she meets someone.

First off, thank you so very much for posting spoilers of my fic. I truly appreciate that.

Second, no, not even you have read what I was referring to. It's the true plot of the story, that will come around about when Mari goes to Fortree.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    I edited a little bit of the text and added an Ending to my newest and latest fan-fic, Gamemaster, I'd totally appreciate it if anyone read and reviewed it, just so I can continue knowing I have a great story or not ^_^.

I claim this Page for France!

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    And Dizzy, just keep this altittude up and you'll be scaring away your readers... I mean why should people read your fanfics if they see the author saying "Hi my name is Dizzy and my story is crap!" Since readers must trust in the author to know what's happening, they'll also believe your own reviews of your story. If you say that it's crap, then it will be automatically assumed that it's crap. So really stop saying such things before you scare the rest of your readers away O.o;
    Darn Frosty, I was going to say that! Okay, I was gonna say, what makes me not want to read your stories, Jordan, is you always saying "Nobody likes my stories, Everyone ignores me". Even if people ignore your stories, so what, keep writing until they notice. Yah, that it's it.

I updated my story on Tuesday, I forgot to "announce".

EDIT: I'll go check out your fiction Diz.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Thanks Nick! I'm glad you think it's good, I think it's good also ^_^, It's one of my best works! I'm ready to post Chapters II and III ^_^. They're both short chapters but they're interesting!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    @ gamemaster:

-that's a LOT and a LOT and a LOT of dialogues for chapter 2 O.o; Did the narrator went on vacation or something?

-now there's one of those description paragraph again... the part about Veronica's eye color and jeans and so on... gotta watch out for those boring stuff!

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Thanks Oni! I think this is one of my best ones! I actually like it. I'm an awesome writer and I know my fan-fics are good, But Oni...your's is the only one good enough to publish. I have a good Fan-Fic though Its GOOOOOOOOD, READ IT!

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    I just updated my darn fanfiction again. I think this is one of my most well written chapters, if not best. Check it out please.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    @ Mew's Chosen One:

It's the blissey equivalent of the Pokemon gameboy game, but only this is the fanfiction version... It's overused to the max (Vulpix... appears in a lot of fanfics, along with my most hated of fanfic type combination: legendary/eeveelution + new trainer). However, despite of its style being exactly the type that I usually hate the 2nd most (at least Vulpix is better than Eeveelution), the story isn't written that badly. There's some description along with Kari's character description of her eagerness to get her first Pokemon (the dawn event). It can be made longer to be more enjoyable.

Perhaps it's *another* one of those OT fics that "will" take a twist "eventually"...?

PS: Yes I'm a harsh HARSH fanfic reviewer, and hard to please yet can't write any junk myself o.o;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back