• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I just thought I'd mention, that in a general sense, the show "Criminal Minds" has given me some interesting ideas. XD

More though for my actual fictional thing I want to write (which is still in its raw form).

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Nice job killing the Lounge, Luke Ninja Caterpie.

zomg, hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Post Office Buddy.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
    Hello Astinus. Let's see how long I manage to stay active here. >.<

Ninja Caterpie said:
    I'm pretty sure my PDHPE teacher would be right about this kinda thing.
    I wouldn't have a clue about this sort of thing. Guess that's what Google is for, eh?

Soooooo... Any insanity occur during my absence? I imagine I missed quite a bit.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    I have been away for far too long...
    Only a few days I know... XD

Wow, we've gone sooo off-topic that I don't know what to say besides

Happy New Year! a second time. XD

Well, this is the Lounge...

Still, first 'relative to my current timezone' bolded topic of the new year would help to start things off and to revive the Lounge. XD
    Besides the primary reason of why you write fiction, which has been asked multiple times with the same response, are there any other secondary or tertiary reasons you write fiction? Note that the word used is fiction as opposed to fanfiction. XD

Also,
    Any New Year's Resolutions that have to do with writing?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Hello Astinus. Let's see how long I manage to stay active here. >.<

I wouldn't have a clue about this sort of thing. Guess that's what Google is for, eh?

Soooooo... Any insanity occur during my absence? I imagine I missed quite a bit.

That is indeed a broad question, the "insanity" you speak of, would chronicle all pages of writing. XD But there is the bold index thread.

What, me? I How did I kill the lounge? I have no clue of any-what-who!

*stares intently*

So I am starting school again tomorrow... And I never got anything done with my fic. :/

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013

I don't want to say I'll finish Delta Species by the end of the year, because honestly it's a pretty long plot (even if it's technically shorter than most others of is kind) and I don't think I'll be able to get it done anyway. So my resolutions would have to be getting that story idea I mentioned a long time ago into a respectable state of development (and think of a name for it), continue writing Delta Species, and lay out the bare basics of another story I'm planning.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years

Just to get better more than anything. I want a lot more people to enjoy my work. :) I want to finish my fan fiction as well as finish my books. XD

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023

Just getting my chapter done at some point X_x

The only time now to really do it, is before the school year, really gets under way.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Write something with more depth than the one-shot crackfics that have been my ONLY 2009 stories... We'll have to see about that one; I am out of ideas...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I don't make resolutions, since my memory is crap and I don't remember what I said two days after I said it.

I do hope to actually get somewhere on my first Pokemon fic. Poor thing has been floundering in a state of "why u start me than restart me a few chapters in?" for years. I really don't know why I'm never satisfied with it.

Also, I hope that one of my original characters gets more of a serious personality. His crack one is fine (who doesn't like genetically-kind-of-impossible Japanese gay men who can give birth to alien babies?), but poor dude was supposed to be serious.

Oh, who am I kidding? Guy's just going to be alien daddy forever. T-T

Actually, I think my main goal this year is to read more. Books that is, though there are a few fanfics out there that I have saved.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Actually, I'd like to read more as well (including classics and not counting school stuff), I figure I'll buy an ereader to contend with that instead of having a billion books on the shelf, seeing as there already are.

Bay

Years

Get the rewrites of Nothing, Everything (which is posted at the BBS) and Heart of the Sea done. Also, figure out how to finish off The Last Rocket. The only problem is I'm taking three finance classes this quarter and planning to take a couple more next quarter, which I know for sure will take up most of my time. I love finance, but I also love writing and I would like to have a bit of time to do the latter, please. >.>

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Actually, I'd like to read more as well (including classics and not counting school stuff), I figure I'll buy an ereader to contend with that instead of having a billion books on the shelf, seeing as there already are.
    ereaders are also easier to carry around than books, since most are slimmer and smaller than the average trade paperback book. I prefer actual books because I can carry them easier and because of my eyes. Plus, I just prefer books.

Though if all the books I own are on ereaders, there would be a heck load of a lot more room in my house.

I love finance, but I also love writing and I would like to have a bit of time to do the latter, please. >.>
    ffffffffffff, yes. It's just like with me in work. I love being in work for a variety of reasons, but being in work means that I can't spend more time writing/playing the Sims.

I apparently refuse to start paragraphs with capital letters.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    the cool thing is, there is no back light strain or whatever associated with staring at a screen, because the ereader screen is a bit different. You'd need to actually use an outside light to read an ereader. XD

Before I can buy one (and subsequently books though), I have to do some paying off money stuffs... :/

Thank god I get paid on Thursday.

Luphinid Silnaek

MAGNEMITE.
    Years
    I wish I had enough books to start complaining about too many books.

I have less than forty that I'll acknowledge owning. (There seem to be about thirty more Guilty Pleasures, or possibly just Guilts.)

No resolutions; a few hopes.

I hope to finally refine my NaNoWriMo story to a level of quality worth posting anywhere, because its idea turned out much better than I'd expected but the execution could be improved. I also hope to finally get the hang of language, so that my sentences aren't just lucky shots in the dark and actually have proper aesthetic structure. Maybe I'll complete my next chaptered fanfiction this year. Maybe I never will.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I think it is in part because I have a book shelf in my room though... XD I have so much stuff in there (not all entirely book related mind you), that it isn't even on the shelf in the right way, like books are ontop of books at this point. Though I can at least say I've read maybe about 75% of them.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years

I'm doing tiered resolutions this year. Basically, I made an achievement system for myself (like the trophy system on the Playstation Network), and I earn a better trophy depending on how much work I do. For my fanfics, it's writing a certain number of chapters or introducing a major plot point. :D

Besides the primary reason of why you write fiction, which has been asked multiple times with the same response, are there any other secondary or tertiary reasons you write fiction?

Therapy. No joke.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back