• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2014
    Unoriginal plots=BAAAD!

*shudders* I know some fics that are based off of Ruby Saphire plots are really good (like Legends of Hoeen) but most turn out to be horrible and unoriginal. If you want to do one make sure to give it lots of plot twists

I posted a new fanfic called Wanzewald Pokemon Contest which is a parody of the pokemon anime. Hopefully itll get more reviews then Whirl Island Quest

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    IceKing said:
    Unoriginal plots=BAAAD!
    That must be the most troubling thing to any reviewer... give the thumbs down for such a thing and you get insulted for being biased because you're marking on plot (which a reviewer should never do). Give it the thumbs up and you feel bad for giving a terribly-boring fanfic (because it feels like you've read it for the 3rd time already) a high mark... it's irritating x_x;

However, there's plenty of "game-plot" fanfics that are good... I'm not as worried about this type of fanfic in comparison to... *drumroll*

"Oh Ash let's go to ________ region! There's a new Pokemon tournament there"

The OT/New region fanfics >>; Somehow usually fanfics that use Brendan/Yuuki turns out pretty original, as if Brendan/Yuuki is some kind of gurantee for at least decent plots.

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    iceking said:
    *shudders* I know some fics that are based off of Ruby Saphire plots are really good (like Legends of Hoeen) but most turn out to be horrible and unoriginal. If you want to do one make sure to give it lots of plot twists
    Hehe, the bolded part is all me! ^^ Thank part of me for that fad of unoriginal Ru/Sa stories that flooded ff.net. >=D
    frosty said:
    Somehow usually fanfics that use Brendan/Yuuki turns out pretty original, as if Brendan/Yuuki is some kind of gurantee for at least decent plots.
    That's because you can do anything with Brendan's character since he hasn't been shown in the anime before (not unless you count that cameo in the... 7th movie was it?). You can make him stupid or sweet and all that fun stuff. =D

Most of them have him fall in love with May way too early in fics though (stupid hoennshippers heh).

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    just surprised that no one turned him into "Ash III" that's all... beause in GSC days Kenta/Yoshi got plenty of stories that made him "Ash II," and that was before the Pokemon Raikou Special came out. Brendan/Yuuki for some reason didn't the same path... it's kinda strange.

lol yes... we know that you're the most famous around Pokemon fanfics when it comes to Ru/Sa fics Breezy ;p

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    LilyPichu said:
    Not entirely based on, though, right? >_> As in copying the *exact* format of Pokemon. [May finds Prof. Birch surrounded by Poochyenas, Mudkip uses water gun, meets Ash, etc etc]

Don't worry, it's not like that..... but I'm having probelms with the personalities of my co-rpgers, so, I'm not going to continue it.......

>one is like, no description on his rpg at all, the other one is okay and the last one keeps adding new plots to it! XD

>and breezy, what are you doing here?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    meh... that's why I can't join RPG... just feels so... unfulfilled when everything is starting so nice and smoothly until suddenly someone comes by and suddenly every character is turned into some mindless, toneless, personality-less puppets of mass murder, and whatever junk like that... >>; I can't RP...

Either way, in look of a fellow experienced writer who got the time to perhaps beta-read and comment on my humble sucky ch.1 of some unknown fanfic of mine, anyone? Hopefully, it'll be done by Tuesday latest ^_^;

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Pkmn Trainer Avegaille said:
    >and breezy, what are you doing here?
    What? You mean this *ISN'T* the unspoken forum that I will never mention here because I'm scared if I do (XP)?

Nah, I just drop in every now and then heh. Just for kicks. :)
    frosty said:
    just surprised that no one turned him into "Ash III" that's all... beause in GSC days Kenta/Yoshi got plenty of stories that made him "Ash II," and that was before the Pokemon Raikou Special came out. Brendan/Yuuki for some reason didn't the same path... it's kinda strange.

lol yes... we know that you're the most famous around Pokemon fanfics when it comes to Ru/Sa fics Breezy ;p
    I'm glad he didn't heh. *remembers the old GSC days and shudders*

I wonder why though... You would think they would.

I still wonder if being known for that is a good thing. o.o Least I got a name lol. XP

Edit: I forgot why I was posting here heh. Anyways, I wrote this poem thing called "Tiny Paws" and I updated "Who Shot Brendan Birch?". Yay for me. :) I'd love you if you'd review. ;P

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Yay review for Big O III is finally done after all these time Blue requested for one... ^^;;;

*just doesn't feel right without annoucing that he's done a fanfic review in a Fanfic Lounge of some kind even if this one is totally different than the one back in good old Pokemon fanfiction*

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    *pets frosty* =3 I have yet to finish my next chapter for my fic. @.@ It's nearly have done, woot! XD Oh yeah, Jorge's fic was very nice, it has lots of action and jazz like that. :3

~Kelsey

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I just wanted to say that TGS is still alive, just haven't had much time to work on it lately. =/ I'm starting Chapter 5 now. ^^

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Breezy said:
    What? You mean this *ISN'T* the unspoken forum that I will never mention here because I'm scared if I do (XP)?

Nah, I just drop in every now and then heh. Just for kicks. :)

Yeah, jsut talking to you and my name here is bunnyp69! XD

Anyway, I'm having another problem with the revision of my fanfic.... do you think I should like, write the story plot on something and then try to make it into a chapter to make things easier?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Depends on how you want the fanfic to be done. Some people write by Stream of Consciousness Writing where they do almost absolutely zero planning at all on purpose. Some people likes to have the overall network of the plot figured out first, and then start writing and adding extra information along the way.

It's another strategy to decide rather you want to write the entire fanfic then start posting, or if you want to write one chapter and then post it immediately so you can immediate feedbacks for improvement, and so on.

Seems that either way works for people, but most writers will have one way over the other. I personally realized that it's best for me to plan the framework and then start writing, and (from the past failured experiences) never post a chapter until I actually have the entire fanfic written out.

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    ^Hmm..... sounds like a good advice.... but I just type in a chapter for one day and then post it and see if people will review...... right nwo, I'm having writer's block, that is why I can't start on chapter 5, o_O;;;

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Writer's block sucks monkey apples. :) Very hard for me to get out of it now n days...

Anyways, I try thinking up of the main points in the next chapter and try to write part of it down, and then afterward, connect those scenes. Kinda weird, but it works for me.

Or writing another story works (hence why I have seven million fics that need updating lol). If all else fails, force it. Fun stuff really. ^_^

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    ^what a funny thing to do, Breezy! XD

>I have other fan fics, and yet, I started out with titles, but it is sooo hard for me to try and write all of those chapterful stories! XD

>so, as for Pokemon fan fics, I'm having probelms with descriptions, such as locations, the sending in, sending out of pokemon and their attacks..... can anyone help me out?

>that's why in my fanfic, you'll rarely find battle scenes!

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Hoennshipping is evil. >_>

Fwosty, I can beta read too... Apparently my reading is slightly helpful...

And I'd better go work on that pantyhose thing. o_O Where on earth did I get that idea, anyway?

Pokemon AD Fan

drawing quietly, me
    Years
    If anyone cares to read my FF? I'm not sure whether people finds my story lame or what? At least gimme some comments of yars! Or I'll feel so depressed that I failed for my first FF... Oh yah, It's called Back in time (it has nothin' related to Serebii!), rather, the 1st chap's about Green & Yellow... But I got a feeling that I ruined it... *cries*>_<;;

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    ^Well, if we can fidn it, then, we'll review it at least......

>I wish some people here would review mine at least.........

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back