• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Thanks, Bay! Well, I digress slightly. Team Rocket does feature, but they're not major characters. Nor are they the TR we all know and love from the anime.

Tell you what, sneak peek. Their names are Kelly and Ned. Cookies to those who get the reference!

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Thanks, Bay! Well, I digress slightly. Team Rocket does feature, but they're not major characters. Nor are they the TR we all know and love from the anime.

Tell you what, sneak peek. Their names are Kelly and Ned. Cookies to those who get the reference!

Ned Kelly.
Infamous Australian Criminal.
I was going to use those names for my own two Team Rocket members. =(

Bay

Years
I see. And yeah, heard about Ned and Kelly. There was a movie about them not too long ago. See, you're doing fine already. :)

I too try to have the team in my fic not like the teams in the games/anime, but there's still a few things that needs tweeking first.

Misheard Whisper

Years
Yes, Musashi, Kojirou and Meowth are good, but they're not the types of character I want for Faith. I may give them a cameo later on, though.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Woot, Ned Kelly. Australia FTW! In fact, in english this year we did a book concerning Ned Kelly. -_- (Called 'True History of the Kelly Gang' - taken from 'Ned's' perspective and all, like an autobiography.)

I too have an idea for an OT fic. It has an absense of criminal teams and only involves part of the journey though, to begin with. And a few other differences from ye average OT fic... Don't we all entertain the idea of doing an OT fic at some stage though? At any rate I'd be happy just to finish my current fic...

Do you write sequels to your fan fictions?
...No. Well, not yet. Some people asked if I'm intending to do a sequel for my Colo fic in the form of an XD fic, but idk - I'm nowhere near finishing my current one to begin with anyway. Not that I haven't already had some ideas -_-

Do you write side stories to your fan fictions? -- Not direct prequels/sequels
Again - a 'not yet but maybe' answer for this... I've had ideas, but then I again I have a lot of ideas. -_-

What's your stance on the subject of "made-up" moves for fan fictions? blah‑blah‑woof‑woof and what not... , but the more specific, original, and/or complex movements, like let's say, PASBL–style "Signature moves".

Well, I don't mind seeing someone doing it and am certainly ok with it - if it's done decently, and if it makes sense. With fics with Fakemon I'm not at all surprised to see those around as well, but generally - if it's not stupid, I'm fine with it.

I'm lazy with my responses today. Whee.

Misheard Whisper

Years
This forum has too many Aussies and not enough Kiwis.

Anyway, yes, Faith has an in-progress side story, starring the main character's starter Pokemon. It's kind of a PMD fic, but without the D. Lots of M, though. Well, backwards. Now I'm confusing you, aren't I?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I would, but I'm out of ideas for anything right now. If one comes along, it WILL feature a Buick LeSabre with ejector seats, concealed rocket launchers, and a device to puncture a pursuing vehicle's tires. And will not feature badge collecting.

Do you write side stories to your fan fictions? -- Not direct prequels/sequels
Closest thing I've done are songfics taken directly from my main fic. One was an especially heartwarming scene, while the other was a advertising jingle for Pokemon Centers that parodied the Village People.

"It's fun to heal at the Po-Ke Cen-Ter
It's fun to heal at the Po-Ke Cen-ter
They're ready and waiting for you to enjoy
You can get to know a Nurse Joy..."

What's your stance on the subject of "made-up" moves for fan fictions? blah‑blah‑woof‑woof and what not... , but the more specific, original, and/or complex movements, like let's say, PASBL–style "Signature moves".
I've done a few, mostly combinations of existing moves. Metagross' "Protocol Number 268," for example, involves it using Magnet Rise and Agility, before floating toward the opponent and performing multiple Meteor Mashes while spinning at high speed. And Persian's always used combinations of Water Pulse and Thunderbolt to soak the foe before zapping it. Her new "Protocol Number 479" adds a Shadow Ball to the mix, as well as Pay Day as a finisher.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
My idea for a fanfic... Is it good?

Max and Dawn:The Dark Brotherhood

It all starts out on a nice sunny day. Ash and all of his frends have gone to bills to see a device that would alow people to communicate with pokemon. It was taken from and anchent Egyptian Pyramid, and is about to be used. Team Rocket showes up and, with Dawn and Max (who were examining it from the inside) in tow, they attempt to steal it. Pikachu Thunderbolts, but that activates the machine, and it kills Dawn and Max.

Or so the humans think. It turns them into spirits who can talk to pokemon. (but humans can't see them without special devices) An erie voice sais, as they attempt to move the bodies, "If their bodies are moved from the chamber within a week, the humans inside die" The device is moved to Proffesor Oak's Labratory. Team Rocket still wants the device however, and their not the only ones...

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Well, mine is a Trainerfic, but I'm trying as hard as I can to avoid another "get starter, beat Gym Leaders, defeat evil team, catch legendary Pokemon, win League Champs, become famous" and all that jazz. Originality, that's my watchword! ^_~

Same. Now it started off as a Trainerfic, but it went it's own way from there. That reminds me! I got Chapter 9 finished.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2023
Do you write side stories to your fan fictions? -- Not direct prequels/sequels?
Why, yes. Both in the story itself and out. Currently I wrote 'Victory or Death' a One Shot which is the backstory to a character in my current story. I'm heavily inspired by 'Lost' in those regards.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years

Yeah. Secret People, at least. I have a tendency to get too attached to my characters to really quit writing about them.

Do you write side stories to your fan fictions? -- Not direct prequels/sequels?

Well, yeah, but none of those has actually seen the daylight yet. I started one oneshot about Cimi's cousin and a girl he meets in a train, but I haven't worked on that in a while. Then, I have to note here, that all my fics kind of tangle together. They happen in the same region, different characters have cameos in other fics... For example, Adan from JtIoJ (I need to come up with names that make better shorts) and Secret People used to live next door to Jack from Mama's boy, so Jack really looks up to him and even mentions him a couple of times. Moreover, Jack and Cimi (JtIoJ, SP) is actually remotely related to Jack and Lilian... Oh yeah, I like to mess things up. So, actually, all my fics are kind of spin-offs or side stories of each other.

I don't usually make up any moves unless I have a made-up Pokémon, and that has only happened once this far. I am, however, completely fine with made-up moves if they are sufficiently described and not some über-kickass "Sephiroth's meteor" kind of moves that destroy the opponent completely in one strike. Also, I feel that the moves should fit the Pokémon - canon or self-made. I don't want to read about a Sentret using some Dark-type Mega Explosion Ultra HP-Absorb Hyper Beam. In fact, I don't want to read about a move like that at all...

But, yeah, I think you get the picture. As long as at least some common sense is used with the made-up moves, they're fine by me. I don't really use them a lot myself, though.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013

Well. That depends. If the Pokemon in question were a made-up Pokemon, in a made-up Region, then a made-up move or two would be fine in my book. Even if you gave it to one species of Pokemon that already existed - or only in a certain region. It could be okay in a certain specimen of Pokemon, as long as the move actually makes sense and seems like the Pokemon physically could learn it.

For example, a Pikachu channeling energy into a body of water to make a large explosion and damage any enemy in or near the lake? Or a Houndoom sending his Electric-type Hiddenpower into a Flamethrower? Yeah, that's in the clear (and could actually be pretty cool). However, if the same Pikachu spontaneously turned into a ghostie and took possession of an enemy Pokemon, and then proceeding to make it explode just because the author feels like making the Pika do something cool... that's pushing it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
This place needs more activity again, yo. -_-

Hmm... how about...

Where do your stories take place - any regions that you use, or make up, or neither? And are they set in the present, past or future?

I choose to ignore any recent-ish topics that may have had this or similar content. -_-

This forum has too many Aussies and not enough Kiwis.
I'd say it needs more Aussies, actually. =P

But heh, a Kiwi; pretty close to us, I'd say. Even been there myself for a holiday...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
OMFG WE LIVE...

Where do your stories take place - any regions that you use, or make up, or neither? And are they set in the present, past or future?
Most of it takes place in a region I made up. Part of the penultimate chapter takes place in Anderson and Pickens Counties in South Carolina. And I didn't create Anderson and Pickens Counties. But then again, neither did Nintendo/Gamefreak.

Google in "Quality Inn Anderson, SC" or "3509 Clemson Boulevard" for one specific location.

The time frame for mine is from October 2006-October 2007, so it's in the past. Honestly, the only reason it ain't the present is because real-life sports scores are mentioned early on that relate to the fall 2006 season.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
My story, Mentor, happenes in Kanto and taking place during the events of Red, Blue and Yellow. It's set in the present and it's currently the month of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back