• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Books

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
Years
  • 100marios said:
    Pssh, only barbaric people can't possibly comprehend the beauty and majesty that is J.R.R. Tolkien's work...
    Well, I guess that makes me barbaric, lol. ^_^;; Foolish, silly Jordan.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYWAY...​

My favorites so far have been...
    * The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
    * A Separate Peace - John Knowles
    * The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom
    * Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
    * Night and Dawn - Elie Wiesel
    ...and probably more I can't think of at the moment. >_<

Shakespeare is no doubt the God of Writers...I'd mention his works under books; but, they're not books--they're plays. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Lol, I've tried to read both the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings books, but they're just way over my head. I have a simple mind, that just cannot comprehend those books. I'm still too young for that stuff... (Even though I know 10 year-olds that enjoy reading them. o_o *sweatdrop*)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    No! HP haters!

:( It's tooooo much for me! No! :(

How could you not like HP?!

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • Sayuri no Hoshi said:
    Well, I guess that makes me barbaric, lol. ^_^;; Foolish, silly Jordan.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYWAY...​

My favorites so far have been...
    * The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
    * A Separate Peace - John Knowles
    * The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom
    * Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
    * Night and Dawn - Elie Wiesel
    ...and probably more I can't think of at the moment. >_<

Shakespeare is no doubt the God of Writers...I'd mention his works under books; but, they're not books--they're plays. ^_^
    Of course! I read Night before...it's a really touching book o.o

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I think Clair is overrated
    Actually, you think Clair is overrated when she is not. The Dragon type is overrated and that puts an image over Clair since she happens to be a Dragon trainer. Clair herself is very underrated, her Pokemon are not. It's confusing actually. I'll make it simple.
    Clair: underrated
    Dragon Pokemon that she trains: overrated
    Therefor if you train Dragon Pokemon, you will seem to be overrated.
    It may not make sense to some.

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
  • Houndour2005 said:
    Brian Jacques too, I got a suprirse to see other fans here!
    only my 2cnd favorite book of all time what is your favoriote mine is mossflower
    somebody dislike harry potter cue the dramatic yell NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Last edited:

siouxhockeyfan

live without warning
    Years
  • hahaha books...this is my forte...my personal favorites (in order)
    -Catch 22-Joseph Heller (just brilliant...erotic, violent, hilarious, horrifying, and thought provoking)
    -The Great Gastby-F. Scott Fitzgerald (my favorite author...his writing is so incredibly beautiful and this is his best work)
    -The Magician's Nephew-CS Lewis (a children's book, but engaging nonetheless)
    -Dave Barry Hits Below the Beltway-Dave Barry (not really a novel...its a humor book, but ive never laughed so hard in my life)

i could add books like Mossflower, The Bell Jar, This Side of Paradise, Seabiscuit...ughh too many to even remember...

lots of HP and LOTR fans...there should be a knife fight between you guys...or between Frodo & Harry...i dont go for either, personally.

siouxhockeyfan

live without warning
    Years
  • also, for those of you considering Dan Brown's Angels & Demons...dont bother...its exactly like The Da Vinci Code but not as controversial...thats the only reason why the book was so popular (other than the fact that it is addicting)...the writing really isnt great and his ideas are very flawed.

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
  • I have only read the first Redwall book and Martin The Warrior, and I have recorded some of the animated episodes.
    Martin The Warrior is my fave, and I also like C.S. Lewis The Magicians Nephew too.

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    The Harry Potter series, Agatha Christie's books, most of Lynn Kurland's books, fairy tales, mythology...

Tons.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Okay, I have a good reason to post here again. It's time to reveal my forever favorite book series in the world. The Baby-Sitters Club. I love their books even though the series discontinued. But it didn't affect me much because I continued their series into my own but their books rock! I wonder if anyone else here knows this series.....

Back