• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Gen 5 Legendary?

Years
Cobalion is my absolute favourite, for design purposes as well as it being the kind of disciplinarian leader of the three musketeer trio, I think his role as a legendary is pretty cool :)

I also like Reshiram and Kyurem for their designs and typings (I even ended up buying both versions of the Gen 5 games that had Reshiram in it haha) :)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Kyurem is bae.

I like Kyurem because of the theory that it's just an empty shell of what it used to be, and that its normal form was how it was with the 2 other Tao trio members as one with it. I also liked its unique typing, its appearance and its 2 forms when fused with Reshiram and Zekrom, my personal favourite being White Kyurem. It just looks like what happens if you put a Blue Eyes White Dragon, some red food colouring, some ice, water and some form of fire in a blender. At least, that's what I see it as. cx

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Zekrom was definitely my favorite. I loved having the combination of Dragon and Electric. Plus he just looks like a badass. I also really like Genesect, because come on robot bug is sweet, and Keldeo (but only in Resolute forme) though I honestly don't know why I like him so much.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Victini! Closely followed by Virizion. All of the others were just so... eh. Reshiram was pretty cool though, but not my favorite. I'm partial to Victini because I used it in my first White playthrough and it was so cute and a definite powerhouse to the team.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Virizion, even though I always pronounced it Ver-ee-zee-on instead of VERIZON. Loved its design, and the typing (grass/fighting)! One of my favorite swords of justice <3

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 12, 2015
I think that 5th gen was the worst for legendaries period @.@ it had /two/ trios and both were terrible. but at least you could find them in-game unlike XY's trio.
zekrom was definitely cool, but reshiram could've done without the god-boner and palkia high heels. I think reshiram overall looks too.. cluttered? it had potential as a design. maybe I'm just picky, being an artist.

Last edited:

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
Years
Victini! Don't really know why XD I really pick my favorites based on design..

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I don't like many of the gen 5 legendaries. My favourite would have to be Genesect, although early this year I wasn't so high on it when it was allowed in OU for Smogon. Like seriously, who thought that was a good idea? Legendary pokemon with great typing and movepool that can U-turn out whenever threatened? Come on now. Now that's it's back in Ubers where it belongs, I can start to appreciate it again. It's backstory is really cool with Team Plasma engineering it. It feels like something more suited to the Metroid series than pokemon, but it actually works well in it's unique case.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
I'm gonna be honest and say that every Legendary Pokemon in Unova besides Zekrom and Reshiram are hideous. Very very ugly.

But I do love Zekrom's design. It looks beastly!

Years
It's not my most favorite gen, but I do have favorite Legendary there and it's Reshiram. It's currently one of my favorite Pokemon overall and it's the reason why I've chosen White. I love its typing as well.

Years
I think gen 5 was one of the best for the volume of legendaries produced, as far as hits-and-misses go. Generally, Gen 1, Gen 2, and Gen 6 tended to do best with quality and speciality due to lower volumes. Gen 5 does MUCH better than gen 4 and a bit better than gen 3 in producing tons of legendary pokemon.

Virizion_XY.gif
Tornadus_Therian_Forme_XY.gif
Reshiram_XY.gif

LOVE: Virizion, Reshiram, Tornadus-Therian
REALLY LIKE: Victini, Terrakion, Cobalion, Keldio (meh on resolute), Landurus-Therian, Meoletta, Zekrom

INDIFFERENT: Thuderus-Therian, Genosect

DISLIKE: Thunderus, Tornadus, Landurus
HATE: KYUREM (ANY FORM!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I don't really have a clear favourite as all of them are equally awesome to me. If I had to choose one though, it'll have to be Reshiram, Zekrom and Genesect. Their designs are amazing and capture my attention a bit more than the others.

dragon__tamer

the elder of dragon's den
Years
gen five have a lot of cool legendary pokemon
i like zekrom and reshiram and black and white kyurem
i like keldeo resolute form too.

ZenonPrototype

Prodigy of Ice
Years
Of the legendary Pokemon, I choose Meloetta. Why? Because she is the only legendary to revert from Psychic to Fighting through the use of Relic Song, which does indirect damage and has a 10% chance of inflicting sleep. She also reverts all of her ranged attack to physical attack, which is BA. Also, Relic Song is said to speed-grow things. Isn't that something?

Back