• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Genre Of Music

What's Your Favorite Genre(s) Of Music?

• Pop

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Mainstream Rock

Votes: 78 59.5%
  • Rap

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Electronic

Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Heavy Metal

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Oldies

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Hip-Hop

Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Country

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Reggae

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Folk

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Disco

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Blues

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Progressive Rock

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Jazz

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Classical Music

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • Indie Rock

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • J-Pop/Rock

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Rock is my favorite Music Style. I like groups like Nickel Back, Fall Out Boy, & Blink 182. However, I like some Jazz Songs like Amy Winehouse's. I also like country songs... Like Carrie Underwood's.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    there aren't too many genres I hate

I like Disco, Pop, Rock, some HipHop, some Rap and some oldies. I also like old school jazz, Pokemon-style jazz, classical and any happy music that's lively and fun.

Rock - with rock, I like the stuff I grew up with and the stuff from the 70s era. 70s rock always sounds so close to it's word. It's wild but not overdoing it, it has variation, great riffs and a thrill that rock music of today lacks horribly in.
    I also like 90s indie rock because of the nostalgia.

Disco - mostly with the Bee Gees (who's name I constantly screw up. Half the time I call them the Gee Bees!). My dad got this live concert cd of them and believe me, those songs sounded so different and so much more incredible. Dont judge disco by the crappy quality they play on the radio, the live concert versions can blow you away.

The above band is the only good disco band of the 70s. I like Abba and many individual songs which artists I cant remember.

With pop, I'll like it if it's not annoying, if it's not upsetting or uneasy. And sometimes I'll even like what I previously mentioned because of nostalgia.

Although I love so much music, I have a very limited collection (although kinda big). I just got anime songs, game music from Mario, Zelda and BanjoKazooie games and from the Pokemon anime and games. I feel if I had a different kind of song in my collection, the value of it would drop a lot.

What I hate - I dislike annoying mainstream, modern jazz (has no life to it), I hate emo and punk. I also feel that rock fans are elitists when they flame rap fans.

Maybe I'm just more openminded than I used to be

I also have a thing for music of the 80s.

dalecar

A.K.A : InsaneOtaku
    Years
    Ninja Monkey Said :
    Real rock and roll, not that crappy stuff that claims to be rock these days...

yeah have to agree cant stand all the crap , like nu-metal ect . Voted for heavy metal but could have done with a few more options. :)

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    Techno
    Disco
    Rock
    Rap
    Hip-Hop
    Country

I like pretty much all of the above listed barring reggae and folk xD Also where's Latino? x3 [second favorite genre] XD

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Britpop. Everything from the 90s like Blur, Oasis, and Pulp... I bet nobody's heard fot hose bands.. xD But I swear they were HUGE and still are, in the UK

I also like Indie like Franz Ferdinand and Kaiser Chiefs

I love Oasis and Franz Ferdinand.

I only like Britrock (Oasis, Coldplay, The White stripes, The Kinks), Good rock (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters), Oldies (The Beatles, Rolling Stones, ACDC, The Clash), Acoustic Rock (Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Neil Young), and some other (The Shins, Eiffel 65...the nostalgia is great, Radiohead, Franz Ferdinand, Switchfoot).

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    no punk? no punk rock? no pop rock? ugh this poll is in need of new categories. i like punk and emo music. Fall out boy, plain white tees, MxPx stuff like that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2007
    teh country has teh real pokemon spirit. Anyone that doesn't know that is not a real pokemon fan, lol

Years
    Unfortunately my ultimate fave, soul, isn't listed in your poll :( So i'll have to go with Hip-Hop and Rap music, mainly old school stuff as it was the music i listened to in my early teens

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I'm a huge techno/electronica/dance freak. I like almost anything. Depends on the artist, not the genre.

mcrc

Up and coming rapper
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    i listen to different types of music, mainly rap nowadays since i'm a rapper but i also listen to rock, heavy metal...etc the only type of music i really don't listen to would be i guess country

Back