• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite Johto City and Why?

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
  • I really like Violet City, especially in HG/SS. It seems very friendly and cozy; the citizens are happy, there's a tower rich with meditation and intellect, a pond, a somber feeling and they have a Gym Leader.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • For me it's a tie between Blackthorn and Goldenrod.

Goldenrod is the largest, has the department store and game corner, not to mention you get to dress in a Rocket Uniform in the underground. It's also when you get to pwn Team Rocket after your 7th badge.

Blackthorn is nice because you can get ExtremeSpeed Dratini in the Dragon's Den, and you have the Move Deleter and the "any move Move Tutor".

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • For me.
    Hmmm. Goldenrod City is my favorite, cause Its next to the Breeding place, and I just have fun riding my bike in that town :3. I liked it ever since G/S/C. So yeah I like it even better in HG/SS :3.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2011
    Ecruteak for sure. It just makes me think alot about alot of the things i like, Ghosts, Legends, stuff burning, plus having an autumn feel to it makes it feel awesome because Autumn means 1 thing winter which is my favorite season and ice and ghost types are my favorites.

Peterdea

Wisdom, Justice and Love
    Years
  • Nothing beats going through Goldenrod City with the GB sounds turned on. I generally love the look of the city as well.
    Add to that the GTS and Dept. store being located there and the ease of access to the Daycare... There isn't a lot of other places I need to go.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Goldenrod, because it has next to everything. Global Terminal, Department Store, Magnet Train, and close proximity to the Daycare. It also helps that the Pokeathlon Dome is only a short walk away.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    Goldenrod because of the following:

Awesome music
    Bike shop
    Awesome gym leader
    Close to Day-Care
    Underground path
    Department Store
    Radio Tower
    Magnet Train
    GTS

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Goldenrod.

Simply for the convenience and everything available there.

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
    Years
  • I have to say...
    Goldenrod City. Why? Because I treat it like my "headquarters." Whenever I need to fly to a town, I'm always picking Goldenrod city. XD Plus, there's lots of stores/services/Wi-Fi Terminal there.

(Looks like I'm not the only one... hehehe...)

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Goldenrod City because its by far the best. Nothing even comes close. Joto was fun. Goldenrod city was the funnest part.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I tend to find myself leaning toward Violet City. It has a very quaint small-town feel to it, which I like.

Oh, and Falkner. <3

Koh

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    Ecruteak City, because I love the Japanese sounded music. It's just epic.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Has to be Azalea, I remember getting beat constantly by my rival there in my old Silver version, loved pwning his ass in 4th gen! ;D Also theres kurt who gives you awesome pokeballs and the music is epic :D

nm legend

Years
  • for Jhoto it would have to be Goldenrod City becuase i like Goldenrod City and its a city

Back