• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Major Region

Which of the following is your favorite "major" region

• Kanto

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • Johto

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 19 20.2%

• Total voters

matt561

Your French Charizard
Years
  • My personal favorite is Johto maybe because it was the last episodes i saw, or maybe just because there is no pokemon i dont like from that region

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    I've always liked Kanto, not just for the Kanto-based games, just because I like the layout of the region. Not to mention that guy in Viridian City who had that full-blown coffee addiction going on. =P

Mercenary Tao

Poke'ssassin for hire
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2009
    I'd say Kanto for the memories i've had, growing into the Pokemon realm, And Sinnoh, for actually bringing me out and re-introducing how much fun I've had training pokemon, and such.

Years
  • I loved them all but kanto kanto was kinda boring and repetive it might just be tha i have play through kanto about 700000000000000000000000000000 times

Clouddyl

Playing battle tower doubles!
    Years
  • I think either Johto or Sinnoh, they're the two regions I enjoyed the best overall, followed by Kanto, and then Hoenn because it never appealed much to me :/

champ ben

Sceptile=annoyed trainers
    Years
  • hmmm.... tricky, but i'd say hoenn then sinnoh, i havent played kanto or johto, they're probably naff. :)

Sceptile was my best pokemon ever!

Sidney>HAHAHA die ben ull never beat me
    Me (ben)>go sceptile, use leaf blade!
    Mightyena>ow! (faint)
    Sidney> OMG
    Sharpedo>yikes!
    Shiftry>ugh
    Cacturne>ARGH
    Absol>haha i know aireal ace!
    Sceptile>so what i know leaf blade
    Absol>ouch
    Sidney (censored)

See how easy it was? sceptile rules, thats why hoenn rocks, it has the 2 best starters
    (mudkip? hah, its naff) torchik waz the other starter that becomes really good.

Last edited:

Steelix8

The Undertaker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    Johto. It is the best out of all the regions because it was the one that was the most diverse, had the best Gym Leaders, the best storyline, and the best cities.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Johto. I've always had the most fond memories of that place.

Also, breaking the norm, I wouldn't mind living in Orre either. It's a pretty cool place, really different from your average region.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • My favouite main pokemon region is Johto. :P Its my favourite because it was actually connected to another region. Not only that, it felt more like a continuation of Kanto and everyone loves Kanto :P Plus, it is homes to some of my favourite towns and cities, most notable Olivine City, Blackthorn City, Goldenrod City and Ecruteak City/town (I forgot :S) Plus, it has Espeon :D

My second favourite region is Sinnoh, mainly because it was so diverse (large cities, snowy cities, western-styled cities, muddy cities, solar cities/beach cities and it had GTS. :D)

I just didn't like Hoenn, even though it had Blaziken :\

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    It is either Johto or Kanto, but I chose Johto as it was pretty much the launch off for all the new types (Steel and dark).

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
  • Shinnoh is my personal favorite, because of the Shinnoh Battle Frontier, snow and the new battle system. The starters were horrible though:(
    Kanto was my second favorite, due to the Sevii Islands, Mewtwo, and Charizard.
    Johto comes in third, mostly because it ran off Kanto.
    Hoenn is my least favorite. Ironically, I love sunny weather!:D I just felt like it was a repeat of the last reigons.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I liked Sinnoh the most... mostly because it seemed the most diverse of the four major regions.

Second was Johto because of the awesome Pokemon.

Third, Kanto. It's nostagic.

Worst by far, Hoenn. I hated everything about it... the Pokemon, the Gym (Leaders), the Battle Frontier, Trainer designs, Mudkip...

Back