• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Feebas

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
  • I was lucky enough to have a friend who spent an entire day fishing several years ago to get one and he traded an egg to me in exchange for my Metagross so I didn't have to do it myself. As a result I always make sure that I have an egg/ Feebas/ Milotic on at least one of my 3rd gen games so I don't have experience the pain and torment he had to go through. I've only used a Miloic once during a play through of Sapphire and I found it to be pretty darn effective as it could take a lot of hits and still hit the opponent back pretty hard.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2013
    I catched Feebas in Emerald few times during my first play of it. I always thought it's uselesss, so i never used it. Then i found that Feebas can evolve into Milotic, but i never catched it again.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    I got one when I was playing just for fun in five minutes without looking for it,I didn't know its worth so I just beat it and moved on,Man I regret doing that now.I never found one again.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm super happy that my brother was able to catch a Feebas in Ruby and before he started over, traded it over to me. I quickly grabbed a Ditto after that and now I have a lot of Feebas and eggs of it. I even have a Milotic, and since I plan on raising a Feebas for the Battle Frontier in Emerald I don't have to go through the process of trying to find one which could just take decades and I have no patience for that. All I have to do is max out its beauty and I'm good to go!

Oh, and I can't stand when the Feebas I try to evolve aren't females, just thought I'd add that in.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2021
    When i played ruby and sapphire in gameboy, i never caught one, but while in pc using vba, i always got one. It took 20+ minutes at times and at times, i found it within 2 - 3rd tries.

Quixote

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
  • It took me about three hours I believe? Can't remember, it's been like, six years lol. But I do strictly remember that it was a long and boring process and I remember saying that I would never do it again, but now that I think about it, if I hadn't just sat in my room and focused on it for that long it probably would have gone a lot faster. I should have watched TV or something haha.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    It didn't take me long (obviously after looking it up). Under an hour.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • I don't think I ever once caught a feebas in my R/S/E, like ever. I think my cousin traded me the one that I bred out. :/

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    I remember back when it was my first time playing Emerald, I never played RS until after. Well, as I was saying, I was searching for one, but I got so annoyed after a while(I used to be very impatient, but now very patient about things). My friend is a huge breeder of rare pokemon(Feebas, etc.) and common Pokemon with awesome Egg Moves(Pichu with Volt Tackle, Bagon with Hydro Pump, etc.). He gave me a couple of feebas' and I breeded them. That's how I got my first Feebas.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
    Years
  • I never found one in my ruby until a few months ago. (MAking it 6 years of searching on and off.) I finally got sick of fishing for hours in the same spot so I fished 5 times in every water tile on the route. Then I found one close to the bottom of the waterfall on that route and accidentaly ran away but I found one a few tries later.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    The four squares that you can catch Feebas on it is very common on. WHen I went on my Feebas quest I took one day to dedicate to it. I started at the tp of the route and fished four times on each square until I found one where Feebas was for sure. I then kept fishing till I had caught several so I could breed for one I liked.

I think I spent about 3 to 4 hours on it. I felt rewarded for the effort because I really wanted a Milotic.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Feebas is practically one of the hardest to find Pokemon of all time. I mean, only six tiles out of a few hundred? And only a few percent? There could be no other Pokemon harder to catch than Feebas right?

On topic, I have never caught a Wild Feebas before, let alone saw one. I don't have the patience to check each water tile in that certain route for a Feebas.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I've tried to find Feebas so many times but never have... I've given up many times as well. I know I'll eventually find it, so I'm not going to give up on searching for it!

Quixote

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
  • Feebas is practically one of the hardest to find Pokemon of all time. I mean, only six tiles out of a few hundred? And only a few percent? There could be no other Pokemon harder to catch than Feebas right?

On topic, I have never caught a Wild Feebas before, let alone saw one. I don't have the patience to check each water tile in that certain route for a Feebas.

It's even worse in Diamond and Pearl.

Years
  • It's not that it was hard, it's just that it takes patience. Once I found the spot I caught a bunch of them and I also found a shiny feebas but I ended up trading it to my brother without realizing it. >:( I was so pissed.

INV

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Feebas was one of the hardest pokemon that I tried to catch(I caught all 386,excluding around 10 which most of em were event legendaries)took me about 2 days to find one and when I found him I saved during battle(playing in my computer)and than I just repeated on that save file until I successfully caught him,it's a lot harder if you don't do it that way

Years
  • I once found a feebas in sapphire, after about a week. It was really distressing! I found it after I watched some video saying you talk to some guy and it will be in a spot in the little pond, and well it worked! Haha I had to have my friend trade berries over to me since my battery had died.

Another time I found one in diamond, but I didn't know how rare it was so I didn't catch it. It was also in a weird place, the route before sunyshore city.. so i think my game was glitching or something since I am pretty sure you can't find them there...

Back