• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Day: Day 30 - Favorite Anime

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Day 03 - Current (or most recent) anime wallpaper:
    Currently shuffling between these 5. (Didn't even realize you could do that until I read one of the other posts here. lol) I should get some more though. (The Rin wallpaper is my favorite. It's what I was using before I changed it to slideshow mode. lol (Alsononeoftheseareactuallyfromanimelol.)

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Day 3

Currently a Chobits one for me.
    Spoiler:

Cid

Years
    Day 03 - Current (or most recent) anime wallpaper

Current wallpaper, actually, with the resized one in spoiler tags below. My older brother was actually the one who picked this over a FFVI wallpaper, and I liked it a lot so I kept it. My brother apparently has a good eye for these things. Hahaha. It depicts Maka from Soul Eater, by the way. Plus I liked Maka, too.

Spoiler:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018

I actually have a rotating set, too. Here's some of the more anime-related ones i have.

Years
    Day 04 - Anime Guilty Pleasure:

This could be one of a few... chief among them being newer Pokemon episodes, widely regarded as not as cool as the older episodes by my peers.

Also shoujo-esque anime like Princess Jellyfish/Kuragehime. And touchy-feely slice of life series since most of my peers offline prefer anime heavy on the action.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Day 04 - Anime Guilty Pleasure

Looking through the list, this was the most complicated and I still cannot think of any other Anime to answer for this.

It's like, you've either watched the ones I've watched & liked it as well, or never seen/heard of the Anime. That's the shoe this "topic for the day" put me in. But I do have an answer but it's only one to bring up and probably the most obvious:
    Spoiler:

I understand why most Dragon Ball fans dislike Dragon Ball GT, but I still enjoyed it. The entire story about the SS4 and style of it just grabbed my attention for it. Is it because Goku is a young boy again? Visiting other planets and the villians on those planets aren't that great?(Which I agree with but is entertaining to watch still). Pan? Expectation of Goten and Trunks to star more important roles?(Since GT stood for them or something?) Who knows.

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years

Hmmm, I had to think long and hard about this... still debating what it could be.. I do really enjoy Fairy Tail even though it is pretty silly so I guess itd be my guilty pleasure.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013

While I can't think of any specific examples, I tend to enjoy anime targeted at a younger audience more than I would like to admit. Or at least that was the case a few years back. I haven't seen anything that would fall into that category in a long time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I've got mine on a rotating basis as well, and excluding all the Pokemon wallpaper (and you can prob guess what character is depicted on those) here are five of them. Only two are from series I recognize - Akari from To Heart; and Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate from Nanoha StrikerS.

Spoiler:

While I could mention any of the short OVA's based on dating sims that I've found surprisingly enjoyable, I'm going to have to say the Pretty Cure series since it's aimed at kids and it's been a long time since I was a kid :P

Mentalii

Back
    Years

I guess I don't watch any anime that could fit in this category... So I don't know.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hard question... o.o I guess Tokyo Mew Mew; I've never admitted to anyone that I watch this before so that kinda implies it's a bit of a guilty pleasure haha.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Was a while ago but iirc it was nsfw lol so not posting it here!!

Well, I wouldn't exactly say Naruto is a guilty pleasure anime because it's actually good, but I notice that I don't often want to admit that I like it so I guess that says enough ahah.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years

Chii's Sweet Home.

Man, that anime was so adorable. I think I've watched it (and its sequel series) all the way through two or three times. ._.; I will always be bummed out that its creator was at TCAF last weekend and I couldn't make it out for it. *sob*

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018

Spoiler:

Princess Tutu

While this show isn't actually bad, the fact that the show is called Princess Tutu is a tough hurdle to get over, especially when talking with people that haven't seen the show, and as a guy as well. It's really good though, you guys should watch it.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
    Day 5 - Best/most intriguing art.

Wow this is a very very tough one I dont really watch any "Beautiful" animes with amazing scenery etc.
    Ugh I am so torn in this one but so far probably Ghost in the Shell, that show had some amazing scenes in it..
    I'll probably have to go with that from what I can remember at the moment.. If I can remember a better one I'll edit later..
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Day 05 - Best/Most intriguing art

So two things come to mind when we're talking about the best art in an Anime for me. There are several scenes in Heroic Age that show the universe/galaxy and it's just absolutely a beautiful scenery. I've watched other Space Anime, they haven't focused on the texture of the galaxies as well as Heroic Age's. I just absolutely love it. Graphics is definitely ranked as an A. Just look at the promo picture! The Nodos battles within the show has amazing battle scenes.
    Spoiler:

Another would be Angel Beats!simply because the design of the background, the graphics are just perfect. I can't even explain how much I love the graphics here and personally I believe there should be more Anime to adapt to something like this.
    Spoiler:

Also if you noticed by my previous posts with a few of Rin Tohsaka's photos, the Fate series also has amazing art. Magic, Battle Scenes, you name it, Fate/stay night, Fate/zero, has it all!

Last edited:

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Day 05 - Anime you think had the best/most intriguing art

Spoiler:

Recently, Tsuritama's caught my eye for its vibrant visual style; I really enjoy how colourful the show is, and how exaggerated it can get (at least regarding one of the protagonists', erm, condition, as demonstrated above). Other than that, I suppose I'm a fan of Makoto Shinkai's works for its beautiful environments. You could honestly just take a screenshot at any point during any of his movies, and they'd make awesome wallpapers.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I don't really have one to be honest, because I don't care if I watch an anime that's aimed at a younger audience or is generally considered rubbish by most other people, I'll enjoy watching it without feeling guilty. But if I had to pick one I guess it would have to be Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters. At the end of the day it's just an average series about card games and ~*friendship*~ but I can't help but like it. The manga is a million times better though, I was surprised to see how much they changed and cut out stuff in the anime.

Day 05 - Anime you think had the best/most intriguing art
    Spoiler:

Perhaps Kaiba doesn't win the award for 'best' art, but to me the art style is certainly interesting and intriguing. It isn't typical of the stuff you see in anime these days and I love how it looks so simple, almost childlike. The sort of abstract art suits the sci-fi world of Kaiba very well and I personally love the character designs. The backgrounds were also well done, each one coloured effectively to suit the atmosphere of the situation it was being shown in.

Back