• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Day: Day 30 - Favorite Anime

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Day 30 - Favorite overall anime
    Ughh leave the hardest question till Day 30 ;; It's a really hard choice between a lot of amazing anime, but I think the two it comes down to are Pokemon and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya... But between these two I really don't know. It's an incredibly hard choice and ideally I'd like to say both! But I think Pokemon wins (I changed this answer about 10 times whilst typing it xD) due to the ability to constantly keep be captivated with interesting characters and unique stories each episode despite having so many episodes, and also some of the Pokemon are so cute and you develop a real attachment to them whilst you watch them grow. Although it was an incredibly hard choice!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

So many to choose from. Not even sure I could pick from these five.
    nbqAr.png
    KiCG7.png
    kjwYl.png
    SYlqj.png
    BVsFg.png

Beelzebub

under the crimson air
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Day 28 - Favorite dub
    I don't usually watch dubs, but the only one I think fits more rather than in JP is Cromartie High School's. In my opinion, the jokes were funnier with it.

Day 29 - Most underrated anime (or Best anime that no one's seen)
    Level E. It's a short show that recently aired and didn't have much to talk about, but it was great.

Day 30 - Favorite overall anime
    Eva or Utena. I really can't decide.

Years
  • Day 30 - Favorite Anime:
    Purely because it was the most fun ride, I'm going to go with Gurren Lagann for this one. Although if you were to ask me tomorrow I'd probably say another series entirely. And if you asked me two days from now, it would be yet a different series. Clannad: After Story and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya are right up there, and so are Read or Die and Genshiken.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Day 30 - Favorite overall anime

SGtop.jpg

Steins;Gate

Ever had a show or a game that went the way you wanted it to? I mean really go the way you wanted it to (not just a "I'll be happy with")? That's how it was for me with Steins;Gate, I would think "I hope this happens." and it'd happen, and it did it time and time again. There were so many things about this show that I loved, big major things, and small little details. Small things such as them crossing paths in ep 24, or finding out about Daru's way of naming things the ep before it was needed (I really don't like it when they drop a hint for something upcoming in the same ep it happens). The quick little scene flashes that jogs your memory.

And then you had the great story, and the characters to go along with that story. Sure some/most people find eps 1-11 boring (I found them ok due to them building up the characters for ep 12-24), and they didn't like the characters at first. I on the other hand didn't have a prob with the characters nor the first eps. I loved the twists and turns it took us on, I got chills so bad on ep 16 when the
    letter was being read. As well as ep 20 when Okarin realized how screwed he was. And then on ep 22 after the credits it's only the second time I've yelled out "WHAT?!" while watching an anime. I also loved the sad and heart breaking episodes. Ep 21 Mayuri says she did something to help Okarin, Kurisu learns the truth, and Mayuri talks at her grandmother's grave (I cried more watching this ep then any other episode of any other show. Might not be the saddest scene, but as far as a whole ep I cried so much). Also the happy moments, ep 16 when we find out Suzuha's dad. Ep 24 when Mayuri was ok with Okarin x Kurisu (I didn't want a love triangle), when Okarin gets out of the hospital (I didn't want him to die), and then when they meet.
    The OVA also went exactly how I wanted it to go.

I've went on long enough with my little rant (even if I could go on all day XD). If you guys couldn't tell what my fav anime was before I made this post then... well now you know. I don't see how any series can come along and take the #1 spot away from Steins;Gate as my fav series.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I'm back

Day 30: Favorite Overall Anime

Clannad

Probably the best I've seen a galge anime done, especially for a Key series. Besides that, I'm a huge sucker for Key anime, so this remains my favorite.

Back