• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Reviews can be good for bringing up bad and good that box/manual descriptions don't give, but may be biased. So they aren't 100% good to base your decision of purchasing a game.
    Yeah, I know Riolu, what I mean is I don't listen to reviews for games I already have played or I know I will like because of others in the series.
    Most of the time I disagree with the reviewer, like the many who complained that Final Fantasy XIII "had a confusing story", "was too linear", "had no definite main character", etc. For one, I understood XIII's storyline perfectly, for two, most JRPGs are linear, and three, well, how was that a bad thing, it worked for my fav. FF, FFVI.

I do like to listen to review of bad things though, like the Nostalgia Critic and Linkara's Atop the Fourth Wall.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    I started a No Crystarium challenge run of FFXIII. Let's see how far I get before I fail.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    I seriously don't even think that's possible, wee. The ONLY way to get any techniques or stat boosts is to use the Crystarium. Seriously though: pull it off, and you have my truest, most eternal admiration.

wee187

Years
    Well, so far I've gotten to Chapter 4. I'm stopping a bit, but while it's a bit difficult, it hasn't gotten anywhere near impossible yet.

Riku

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    Chapter four is where you go as just Sazh and Vanille on the mountain, right? If so, very much good luck. I seriously would be FUBAR at that area. I hated it. Sazh and Vanille are my least favorite of them to use....

wee187

Years
    That's right, it's Sazh and Vanille heading to wherever, and Lightning and Hope planning on heading to Palumpolum. I grew to like Chapter 4 after a while, it's kinda fuzzy. :3

Riku

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    i like it just because Light begins to open up some. After Fang, she's my favorite character in XIII just because of her character and who she is. (That's also why Fang is #1. Oddly enough, Vanille or Hope one gets third for the same reason as well. Hope really grows into his own while Vanille is... well, if you've already beaten it, you know about Vanille.)

Serah is also up there in the ranks. Sazh is actually probably my least favorite of the main characters.... He just seems to serve as the comic relief, and that's mostly the Frocobo's doing. Frocobo FTEW! ~<3

wee187

Years
    I like Sazh a lot though. He's the most sensible/mature of all the characters in FFXIII IMO. Hope's the best though. :3

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I'm itching for Versus XIII just because its suppose to play like Kingdom Hearts, as well as Yoko Shimomura's music.

I like Sazh, he's one of my favs, right behind Fang, Lightning, & Serah.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years

Riku

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    I kinda posted something about it in the KH club, but, I thought it'd be a good idea to post it here:

Square's E3 lineup consists of FFXIV and 4 Warriors of Light, but no other FF games were mentioned. Versus might have a new trailer during the big Press Conferences, but.... I dunno.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    Ahhh, my mum bought me FFXIII today, even though I wasn't expecting to get it until my birthday next month. x3; Only played up to the second chapter so far, but I'm liking all the characters (Vanille makes me laugh and Hope is cuuuuute! Dx).

Riku

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    Fang. And Cid. That is all I will say about the characters. *rabid Cid and Fang fantard*

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    I haven't 'met' Fang yet (well, I've seen her but she hasn't been introduced). I think I'm mid-way through Chapter 4 (just beaten the robot thing after Lightning, Hope, Sazh and Vanille have met up, still running through wastelands).

Troy Baker had it easy voicing Snow - he just had to yell 'Serah!' most of the time. xD;

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    I haven't 'met' Fang yet (well, I've seen her but she hasn't been introduced). I think I'm mid-way through Chapter 4 (just beaten the robot thing after Lightning, Hope, Sazh and Vanille have met up, still running through wastelands).

Troy Baker had it easy voicing Snow - he just had to yell 'Serah!' most of the time. xD;

Bit like how Resi Evil's Leon had it easy - basically yelling 'Ada!' most of the time XD

I LOVE Spoony!! You seen his FFX review?

Riku

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    Grr.... I feel for you Roku... you're about to split up again and have to fight a bunch of Pulsework soldiers with Sazh and Vanille..... That's the one part of the game I hated =/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back