• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    asdgshashadshgal;skhgasldkhaskd;jghnqlksdjg;boj
    Very accurate emotion.

Aside from that, I have a reason to buy a PS4 now! I'll definitely be getting the remake. Can't wait to see some of the scenes not ruined by terrible graphics.

Years
  • Very much looking forward to the VII remake, I should finish the original on Steam first though. I'm sure we won't see it for a long time and hopefully XV is a success first.

I have been playing X again since I bought the remaster on PS4 and a bit of XIV. X is just so ridiculously good, I could replay it hundreds of times.

As for the topic, I am a big fan of all the female characters of X, but it took me until this second playthrough of X to appreciate Lulu as being a useful member of the team. From what little I've played of VIII, Quistis is pretty awesome and Selphie is okay, but haven't seen much of Rinoa yet. I also like Serah, Lightning & Lumina (technically not a separate person but you know) from the XIII series. Relatively I am not a huge fan of the female characters in VII or XIV, but in VII's case that is just because of how good FF characters are rather than any damning of those characters.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Who are your favorite female characters in FF?

Tifa. (FFVII) because...you know..
    Terra (FFVI): I like her design, green hair woo 8) she's badass too
    Rydia (FFIV): She's literally like the most badass female character in FF series imo.
    Rikku (FFX): I like how she's the female version of Tidus, yeah annoying sometimes but eh she's hot so she gets a free pass 8)

FFVII remake cant wait ugghhhhh! I will definitely buy it! I think it's coming in 2017 because 20th anniversary? can't wait to see Tifa in the game

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I just HAD to apply to join here. FF NUT right here, admittedly don't know everything bout the franchise but i'm a nut nonetheless :)
    Username: bluestars83
    Topic Answers: Games i've owned are 7,8,9,10,10-2,12, Kingdom Hearts 1-2, (Ps2). 13 (Xbox360). !0, 10-2 HD Remaster (Ps Vita), 12 Revenant Wings (DS). 7 will ALWAYS be my all-time favorite of the series, with 9 coming a close 2nd. I played a bit of 14 but i don't really enjoy playing games where i have to play to enjoy it to the fullest. My favorite female characters are Tifa, Eiko, Fran, Freya, Yuffie and Lulu.
    Character to represent me: Eiko hopefully :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I just HAD to apply to join here. FF NUT right here, admittedly don't know everything bout the franchise but i'm a nut nonetheless :)
    Username: bluestars83
    Topic Answers: Games i've owned are 7,8,9,10,10-2,12, Kingdom Hearts 1-2, (Ps2). 13 (Xbox360). !0, 10-2 HD Remaster (Ps Vita), 12 Revenant Wings (DS). 7 will ALWAYS be my all-time favorite of the series, with 9 coming a close 2nd. I played a bit of 14 but i don't really enjoy playing games where i have to play to enjoy it to the fullest. My favorite female characters are Tifa, Eiko, Fran, Freya, Yuffie and Lulu.
    Character to represent me: Eiko hopefully :)

Welcome to the club :)

To answer my own question, my favorite ladies are Lulu, Yuffie, Paine, Fran and Fang.

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • Username: Raiimeister
    Topic answer: What is the most memorable scene for you from the final fantasy series? Its in FF IX. where Blank and Zidane escaping Evil Forest 'cause the whole forest is petrifying. and there's this vine chasing Zidane but Blank pushed him away then he's the one been caught and petrified i found it Cool/Tragic x]
    FF games you've owned: i don't own any. i just play it in my couz's game consoles
    Choose a FF character to represent you: i wanna be Kuja :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Username: Raiimeister
    Topic answer: What is the most memorable scene for you from the final fantasy series? Its in FF IX. where Blank and Zidane escaping Evil Forest 'cause the whole forest is petrifying. and there's this vine chasing Zidane but Blank pushed him away then he's the one been caught and petrified i found it Cool/Tragic x]
    FF games you've owned: i don't own any. i just play it in my couz's game consoles
    Choose a FF character to represent you: i wanna be Kuja :)

Welcome to the club my friend :) Happy to have you.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm playing FFIX and idk... I'm on Disc 4 and I still hate like 3/4 of the characters? I suppose there's a reason FFIX is the bastard child of the franchise.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'm playing FFIX and idk... I'm on Disc 4 and I still hate like 3/4 of the characters? I suppose there's a reason FFIX is the bastard child of the franchise.

What exactly about them do you not like? I've never been able to play past disc 2 because I bought it used and the discs are shitty beyond repair. But a lot of times when I talk to other people about FF they say that 9 is their favorite.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What exactly about them do you not like? I've never been able to play past disc 2 because I bought it used and the discs are shitty beyond repair. But a lot of times when I talk to other people about FF they say that 9 is their favorite.

The character design of Zidane is awful, for one thing. Personality wise he's fine, he's just too weird a design for a main protagonist. Garnet/Dagger is at times on a Lightning-level of sullen melodramatics, which I don't think would be as bad if she had a voice actor? But the characters have the FF7 trait of overdramatic and 'emo' characters whilst not having the post-FFX ability of them being voiced, properly animated and being able to flesh out their thoughts. While I like Quina, they're just a joke character with little relevance to the plot like Yuffie. The rest are just kinda there, fulfilling their job traits and existing around Zidane and Garnet.

FFX is my favourite in terms of protagonists in relation to the plot as each character had a relevant place in it and weren't just glorified handmaidens to the main two/three characters. They each had a proper reason to be there.

Years
  • OK, I'm rejoining.
    Username: BahamutZero
    Favorite FF Game: X
    What do you think of the FFVII Remake: My eyeballs nearly popped out when I saw the live reveal.
    Choose a character to represent you: Bahamut
    Oh, I've missed this place so much. I got a Xbox One recently, so i'll be pre-ordering FFVII remake, FFXV and FFXVI if it's announced.
    I'm so happy to be able to talk about FF again, it's been so long since I've been able to.

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • Welcome to the club my friend :) Happy to have you.

Thanks bro :)

I'm playing FFIX and idk... I'm on Disc 4 and I still hate like 3/4 of the characters? I suppose there's a reason FFIX is the bastard child of the franchise.

I agree but i haven't give it much of attention. the storyline draws it away xD Maybe they did it 'cause in vii & viii, characters already look hotties. so yeah, maybe just being unique xD

Anyways, you guys played/finished ff viii? i heard that the less you level up the better? i don't have the time to check it 'cause i'm still playing ff ix disc 3 xD can anyone explain it :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • OK, I'm rejoining.
    Username: BahamutZero
    Favorite FF Game: X
    What do you think of the FFVII Remake: My eyeballs nearly popped out when I saw the live reveal.
    Choose a character to represent you: Bahamut
    Oh, I've missed this place so much. I got a Xbox One recently, so i'll be pre-ordering FFVII remake, FFXV and FFXVI if it's announced.
    I'm so happy to be able to talk about FF again, it's been so long since I've been able to.

Welcome back home friend.

Anyways, you guys played/finished ff viii? i heard that the less you level up the better? i don't have the time to check it 'cause i'm still playing ff ix disc 3 xD can anyone explain it :)

I haven't played all the way through it yet (I'm terrible with following through on a lot of things) but the easiest answer is yes, the less you level up the better. And here's an in depth explanation.

The most meaningful importance about keeping as low levels as possible is that you can exploit later on the game the Stat Bonus abilities. To be succinct and precise let me give you an example.

- Squall at normal level 100 has a base Strength stat around 50 or somewhat less. Recall now that you take control of Squall at around level 7 (if I don't miss my guess).

- Think about keeping Squall at that level until you get all the Bonus abilities and think about using e.g. the Str Bonus ability to gain one Strength point bonus per level up. You can see the difference of getting Squall at level 100 AFTER you have the Str Bonus ability and constantly have it equipped. He will have a base Strength stat of around 140 or so. With this, just by equipping the Str+60% ability, you get 224 Str WITHOUT junction. After that, even a simple Thunder magic will get your strength to 255. This way, taking it easy on levels early in the game can lead you to extremely strong characters, let alone there are Vit, Mag, Spr and HP Bonus abilities as well and in fact they all appear twice in the game so that you can level up two characters at once.

- If you need the random encounters for the drops, mugs etc. your best bet will be the Card ability for a long time. Carding the enemies gives you the drops and the AP but NO Exp. As such you can be kept at low levels practically forever. There are few fixed fights that give you exp. but thankfully no bosses and Cactuars also give extremely few Exp. Points so that you can use them for AP farming since to gain one level you have to defeat about 80-90 of them.

- Getting at level 100 only raises your stats 20-40 points the most. Leveling Up is not the way to get stronger. Careful and precise junctioning and ability equipping is the key to being effective in battles.

- Enemies level up exactly as you do. But their stats don't increase as slow as your characters'. Some enemies at level 100 over 100 Str points more than when at level 10. Good thing the enemies cannot junction their own Magic. Hehehe...

- Of course there also are the useful Stat Up Medicine, which, if you know how, are not too difficult to create except for some specific like Mag Up and Spr Up. Still there is the Devour command ability so that you can get even stronger.

- If you have trouble getting Exp. points for the rest of your players just think about visiting the Islands Closest to Hell or Heaven, or maybe the fixed Elnoyle fight in Esthar. Other enemies are good too, especially with Tonbery's LVL Up ability, so that you can get even more Exp. from each enemy while you are still at low levels.

After all, it is up to the player to decide whether he will Level Up or not. The Bonus abilities just show up later in the game and cause a big disappointment like "why haven't I gotten this earlier", especially for players of older FFs where each level up was enough to make the difference and were, as such, misled in doing so in FFVIII too. Just remember, you can get an awful lot stronger and more effective through junctioning and correct ability use than by counting on high levels.

Years
  • I would have had no idea about that aspect of VIII, that will be useful to know when I eventually pick it up again.

I didn't know that IX was the 'bastard child' of the series, but the art and design of the game always made it look more childish to me. I understand that was probably intentional as a return to the series roots, but maybe I prefer the post-VII direction the series had I guess.

I love your Seymour theme, Sonata. Unfortunately I have heard the quote far too many times to appreciate that part of it though. (Damn Seymour Flux!)

Yukari

I didn't know that IX was the 'bastard child' of the series, but the art and design of the game always made it look more childish to me.
    You know that's actually my favorite part of the game. x:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Username: machomuu

What is your favorite FF game?: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King. I don't think there's any FF game that I'll both never get tired of and would be more willing to play this game. This oddly one-off piece of WiiWare is one of my favorite games on the system and certainly my favorite of the FFs, followed by Dissidia Duodecim and Lightning Returns. I'd recommend checking it out, if you haven't.

FF games you've owned: Final Fantasy Origins (PS3 and Vita but originally released for PSX, contains remakes of Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II), Final Fantasy Chronicles (PSX, contains Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger), Final Fantasy Anthology (PSX, contains Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI), Final Fantasy VII (PSX and Steam), Final Fantasy VIII (PSX), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Final Fantasy X (PS2), Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2), Final Fantasy XI (PC), Final Fantasy XII (PS2), Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360 and Steam), Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Xbox 360 and Steam), Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360), Final Fantasy XIV (PC), Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (Vita), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Wii).

Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Sazh

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i've been playing ffxiii-2 a lot over the last three days and while the characters still mostly suck, the combat system & most of the mechanics of the game are what ffxiii should have had

they tried to jazz up a weak storyline and ineffectual audience bonding with the cast by introducing time travel but it's just made it needlessly convoluted like when time travel is introduced into basically anything

however the battle mechanic improvements like the uncapped crystarium and training captured monsters is great and it's almost like ffxiii could never have happened

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • Username: kebab defender
    Topic: When did you find the series?:
    Topic answer: I was looking for a new Pokémon game on a rom website. I've seen a game named "final fantasy (nes)" It was looking so great and playfull. ('Cuz I love RPGs) I was 14 or 15 years old when I play the first game.
    FF games you've owned: Only Final Fantasy III (for windows). But I also played I, II, IV and XIV on nes, gba, gba, ps3.

Back