• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • Spoiler:

Welcome welcome. Sorry about getting around to you guys so late :x

I played the original Crystal Chronicles for days on end when I was younger haha. It was probably my second favorite game of the series and has my second most favorite opening theme.

I don't really care for the xiii trilogy though. I played through XIII but got to the end and was underleveled and couldn't beat anything without struggling so I had to do a bunch of leveling and ended up accidentally deleting my save file. so then I tried to restart and I haven't even gotten halfway through it in almost a year. xiii-2 however was much better in literally every way and I've played through that about 3 or 4 times. And then I've played a couple of hours of LR but couldn't get into it :/

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Since I've got my new computer I've really been wanting to do a let's play of something Final Fantasy but I really can't decide which I should do first. I could do X which I've played countless times and know almost everything there is to know about, or I could do III, IV, V, IX or XII which are all ones that I either haven't played all the way through yet so I would be more into the game (I guess?) or have only played all the way through once and don't really remember what all goes on and could use a refresher anyways. What do you all think? Should I just go back to I and play through numerically or just start with the ones I haven't fully beaten yet? I dunno.

Years
  • Since I've got my new computer I've really been wanting to do a let's play of something Final Fantasy but I really can't decide which I should do first. I could do X which I've played countless times and know almost everything there is to know about, or I could do III, IV, V, IX or XII which are all ones that I either haven't played all the way through yet so I would be more into the game (I guess?) or have only played all the way through once and don't really remember what all goes on and could use a refresher anyways. What do you all think? Should I just go back to I and play through numerically or just start with the ones I haven't fully beaten yet? I dunno.

You might have already decided by this point, but anyway...

I would say play one you know less about because I find it more fun to watch a lets play if both me & the player are similarly lacking knowledge on the game. Otherwise do some sort of challenge LP on a game you are familiar with. Unfortunately, I can't think of any original challenges other than playing with hacked Seymour on FFX which would take a lot of work to manage. Maybe one of the lesser played spin offs?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Yessssssssss! A Final Fantasy fan club, PC's going to become my home if there's ever a Fire Emblem fan club.
    Username: 217 (Gideon and Gids work too)

Your favorite FF games:
    - Final Fantasy III (I originally played the DS remake during a really good Christmas season and the entire game seemed amazing as a result, even that no-save boss gauntlet/final dungeon)
    - Final Fantasy Dimensions (aside from reminding me of FFIII + V + VI, this game got me through an especially bad bout with pneumonic plague)
    - Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (I'd list almost every game in the series here if I could, but that's a bit cheap, I adore FF music across almost every game, and appreciate how Theatrhythm lets you experience those decades of spectacular music)

FF games you've owned:
    - FFI to FFXIII
    - most spin-off games (FFIV: The After Years, FFXII: Revenant Wings, etc...)
    - the Tactics series
    - the Dissidia series
    - all smartphone ports and games (except for I and All the Bravest)

FF Character that represents me:
    The Onion Knight from FFIII!
    Spoiler:

I'm going for a 100% run of FFVI on my phone and looking forward to it, because I've never attempted the bonus content introduced in FFVI: Advance.
    Any party advice so I don't get stomped by the superbosses?

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I don't think I ever said anything so can you change striderviper to Laguna real quick and am I allowed to change my representing character to the man with the machine gun himself?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • You might have already decided by this point, but anyway...

I would say play one you know less about because I find it more fun to watch a lets play if both me & the player are similarly lacking knowledge on the game. Otherwise do some sort of challenge LP on a game you are familiar with. Unfortunately, I can't think of any original challenges other than playing with hacked Seymour on FFX which would take a lot of work to manage. Maybe one of the lesser played spin offs?

Hmm. I played Crystal Chronicles a lot when I was younger but it's been so long since I've been able to find it that it might work. I could do the no sphere grid challenge for X but I've never really used Rikku enough to feel confident doing that haha. I'd probably end up getting a game over screen so many times that I'd just end up having a little counter in the bottom of the screen to count all of my fails.

Yessssssssss! A Final Fantasy fan club, PC's going to become my home if there's ever a Fire Emblem fan club.
    Username: 217 (Gideon and Gids work too)

Your favorite FF games:
    - Final Fantasy III (I originally played the DS remake during a really good Christmas season and the entire game seemed amazing as a result, even that no-save boss gauntlet/final dungeon)
    - Final Fantasy Dimensions (aside from reminding me of FFIII + V + VI, this game got me through an especially bad bout with pneumonic plague)
    - Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (I'd list almost every game in the series here if I could, but that's a bit cheap, I adore FF music across almost every game, and appreciate how Theatrhythm lets you experience those decades of spectacular music)

FF games you've owned:
    - FFI to FFXIII
    - most spin-off games (FFIV: The After Years, FFXII: Revenant Wings, etc...)
    - the Tactics series
    - the Dissidia series
    - all smartphone ports and games (except for I and All the Bravest)

FF Character that represents me:
    The Onion Knight from FFIII!
    Spoiler:

I'm going for a 100% run of FFVI on my phone and looking forward to it, because I've never attempted the bonus content introduced in FFVI: Advance.
    Any party advice so I don't get stomped by the superbosses?

I've always wanted to play Theatrhtyhm but I still haven't gotten around to getting a 3ds :( the music is one of my most favorite parts of the ff series and I listen to a lot of it when I go to the gym and while I'm at work. I've never played all the way through VI though so unfortunately I can't help :( trial and error is always fun though. I guess.

I don't think I ever said anything so can you change striderviper to Laguna real quick and am I allowed to change my representing character to the man with the machine gun himself?

Yeah I'll get to it sometime this week. I still haven't changed the pics for everyone else yet to imgur since PC doesn't support tinypic anymore so that'll probably be a good hour or two that I'll have to devote to getting all that done haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2015
    Hi everyone i also wanna sign up

Username: Averamo

Favorite FF game: FF VIII

FF games I own: FF IV V VI VII VIII IX X X-2 XII

FF Character represent: Squall FF VIII

Topic-Favorite female character: Yuna from FF X (didn't really like FF X-2)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Hi everyone i also wanna sign up

Username: Averamo

Favorite FF game: FF VIII

FF games I own: FF IV V VI VII VIII IX X X-2 XII

FF Character represent: Squall FF VIII

Topic-Favorite female character: Yuna from FF X (didn't really like FF X-2)

Welcome to the club, and hello VG. Shame I'm only just now getting around to this.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • Hmm i love final fantasy but havnt played in so long last game i got was final fantasy crystal chronicles for game cube,Final Fantasy XIII,Final Fantasy XIII-2 but havnt got time to play them yet im guessing a few more have come out since then and does anyone know if the online game was any good?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Hmm i love final fantasy but havnt played in so long last game i got was final fantasy crystal chronicles for game cube,Final Fantasy XIII,Final Fantasy XIII-2 but havnt got time to play them yet im guessing a few more have come out since then and does anyone know if the online game was any good?
    Yeah. Final Fantasy XIV's pretty quality and though it's a bit too standard MMO for me, the music's fantastic, there's a lot to do, and the job system sets it apart. It's a beautiful game that's polished as hell. I'd definitely play it again if I was still subscribed.

So anyone else already pre-ordered Final Fantasy Explorers?
    Nope, but I have been looking out for it since it was announced way back when.

Admittedly, I'm slightly put off by the speed of the game and it looks a little clunky, but it still seems like it has a good deal to offer and we're getting all the DLC, so why the hell not. I love me a good ARPG, and we waited a long time for this so I won't just pass it up.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I would pick up explorers, but I don't really game with people as much as most others do so I'd be trying to solo a lot of it and that's kinda not really the point of the game I guess? Dissidia and XV are musts gets though. Not really too excited about LR. I've had it for a while on the 360 and only played like 2 or 3 hours.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I would pick up explorers, but I don't really game with people as much as most others do so I'd be trying to solo a lot of it and that's kinda not really the point of the game I guess? Dissidia and XV are musts gets though. Not really too excited about LR. I've had it for a while on the 360 and only played like 2 or 3 hours.
    Explorers isn't necessarily a game that requires multiplayer, it's just built...well, with it in mind, I don't want to say "around it", though. That in mind, I'll be soloing the hell out of that game.

As far as XV's concerned, honestly, since launch my hype level's been at 0. Or maybe it wasn't originally- I remember when it was announced (the whole "Agito is now XV" thing at E3) it'd piqued my curiosity, what with it being revealed to be an ARPG and all, but apart from avoiding most videos of it (so I know next to nothing about the game), I imagine the bro-car-cast has my wallet firmly and safely placed in my pocket. And people complain about people complaining about the cast being all male...that's not my problem. Not at all. Generally I like females in the cast, yes, but that isn't what gets me. What gets me is that there are only playable guys and also none of them particularly stand out to me, which is more important in an ARPG because you have a lot more agency over what your character does and are in their shoes to a greater extent than the standard Turn-Based fare.

Though the lack of females does get me a bit. Especially considering playable females in the Final Fantasy franchise have been prominent since 2, and arguably since the beginning. And I like playing as them, so it certainly did kick me a little to hear that the closest we'd get would be Cid. Of course, none of this is to say that the game will be bad or that I won't be getting it; the game has a lot of potential and I really have no basis for saying something like that. I just won't be surprised if I get it some time after launch.

And as for Lightning Returns, that's a shame. I had it on Xbox 360, too, and played it a good deal- that's actually the reason I'm excited about it on PC. My 360's Disc Drive basically died and I've poured WAY too many hours into the game. I bought the game on a whim, originally, and even tried to cancel my order after all the mixed reviews poured in. The day I got it I don't think I got any sleep. Really, LR's the reason I see a future for ARPG in the Final Fantasy franchise that isn't floaty and arcadey in the way that Kingdom Hearts is (a style that there's absolutely nothing wrong with). It's got its flaws, but its addicting as hell and has some pretty unique mechanics, so I'll be glad to get back into it on PC.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years

Well in most multiplayer games i don't usually team up with many if any people if i dont feel the need as alot of games can be done solo kinda like what machomuu says in a fashion. Even games that kinda force you into joining a faction of some sorts just for added bonuses or increase stats or magical items etc aren't really require to beat a game.

I rarely would ever play a multiplayer games too many monkeys around me i feel or doing random things without really much team work so i guess i don't like the unpredictability of other players. Sometimes their unpredictability can be a good thing.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • This is one of my favourite game series. Though I have only played the hand held versions.

Thats still really good i havnt had a chance to play all the hand held versions played a few and really hope u get the chance to play many more have an good day and everyone here :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I remember spending days just sitting and playing I & II dawn of souls on the gba when I was younger. The only other FF game I had was X so it was two completely different ends of the spectrum but I just loved it so much. I've also played the 4 series on my vita as well as Tactics which is a favorite as well. I've not played a lot of the DS ones yet though. But I'll probably be getting some of them for christmas.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I didn't really play the handheld versions when I was younger- of the main games, at least. I grew up with Tactics Advance and had a blast. And many years ago I played through 2 Fiends of FFIV DS (which is the only version I've played, but I recently bought the complete collection). That was pretty much it, though.

Last year I started FFV though and then, upon hearing what'd been added in the GBA version, I had to replay up to that point. My problem with the GBA versions though- that I'd only really have now and not if I'd played them as a kid- is that the colors are saturated and the music...didn't exactly survive the conversion. They have patches for that, though. I also tried some of the handheld FFCC games, but...

...I dunno. I'm starting to think it's pretty unlikely I'll be able to play through most of the FF games today. I've tried to get into VI, but I've never gotten past the beginning, and I've started the others I don't get very far. And I know why. Final Fantasy games pre...XI, or possibly X, are very no-frills Turn-Based RPGs. 's why I mentioned that my favorite games aren't the main games and are instead the ones that have more dynamic gameplay. When I was younger, I used to play through the PS1 FFs (since those were my firsts) all the time, and the less traditional of the two would probably be easier for me to get into still simply because of that. Which is a shame, because I'm sure FFVI's great, and I've wanted to play Final Fantasy II for some time, but there's some real genre-fatigue as far as me and by-the-book turn-based battle systems go.

One day, though. One day.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Yeah see I'm kind of the opposite. I prefer more standard turn based things. Tactics was fun, but I still prefer going down a list of characters, selecting attacks and then watching the animations. I've not been able to get past the initial splitting of the characters in 6 though. I know that I'll eventually get to it, but just not for a few more years at least. And I prefer older games over the newer ones so I'm not just going to stop wanting to play it anymore. I just need to find the time to be able to play through it without taking a week long break only to come back and find that I have no idea what I'm doing or where I'm supposed to be going. Which is the same problem I'm having in 4. I was playing 4 pretty consistently, about two or three hours a day for a few weeks and then I stopped for about two months and now I'm completely lost. I've still got to play CC though. I've got it around somewhere, its just finding the time to boot it up and get into it.

Back