• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I don't spend enough time leveling. >< I'm the type of person who rushes a lot. I get impatient easily if I have to really level up. Right now, in FFX remastered HD, I have Yuna super powerful. XD She's got more power than Lulu with her mage spells do, so I use her a lot more.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I try to keep stuff usually pretty average or under leveled. Until I get destroyed by something 3 or 4 times, then I get mad and start rampaging across the land fighting all of the weak little creatures I can find, and then I come back and destroy the boss. Like in X when I was having trouble with Seymour the first time you fight him in macalania temple I just backtracked all the way to the moonflow and then came back and went back and forth like that 4 or 5 times before I went and took him on again.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Who is your favorite boss battle and why?

Mine would have to be Ex-Death (I believe he it's name is that) in FF 5. That thing was hella hard. I mastered a bunch of classes just to beat him it but in the end it was really fun.

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Who is your favorite boss battle and why?

Mine would have to be Ex-Death (I believe he it's name is that) in FF 10. That thing was hella hard. I mastered a bunch of classes just to beat him it but in the end it was really fun.

I think you got the wrong Final Fantasy game there. Exdeath is a boss in Final Fantasy V, not X. Yeah, I agree that Exdeath is a pretty tough boss.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • It's halfway through the week and it's time for a new topic.
    Was there ever a time while playing a game by Squaresoft/enix that you felt awkward or maybe cringed?

There have been a few times during Squaresoft/enix games that I have cringed or looked around to make sure nobody was around because they made me feel weird or silly. One of the most memorable of these scenes is the all famous laughing scene in Final Fantasy X.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I got stuck in FFIII. I was playing the DS version and I got stuck in some dungeon where I was too weak to move on and not die, but I also didn't have enough MP/healing items to make my way back to safety. I think I went the wrong way on the map and ended up in an area I'm not supposed to be until much later in the game. :( That's my problem with early games... I get lost so easily and I'm terrible at them when they aren't linear, haha. I still haven't tried playing it again, yet.

Years
  • Was there ever a time while playing a game by Squaresoft/enix that you felt awkward or maybe cringed?

Going into the Honeybee Inn in FFVII, sharing a hot tub with 8 half naked, muscular men. That was pretty weird.

"Why don't you stick around and play for a bit? Daddy's so lonely..."
    "Here's a memento of our time together!" -Received Key Item 'Bikini Briefs'-"

ಠ_ಠ wat.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to a time when playing a game made by Squaresoft/Enix that has made me feel awkward or maybe cringed, there have been two such moments I can think of. The first one I could think of was acquiring the Lustful Loli-ho in Final Fantasy IV. The other awkward moment was in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII where I had to say a certain phrase to get an item. This is the certain awkward phrase:
    Spoiler:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I got stuck in FFIII. I was playing the DS version and I got stuck in some dungeon where I was too weak to move on and not die, but I also didn't have enough MP/healing items to make my way back to safety. I think I went the wrong way on the map and ended up in an area I'm not supposed to be until much later in the game. :( That's my problem with early games... I get lost so easily and I'm terrible at them when they aren't linear, haha. I still haven't tried playing it again, yet.

I gave Refia the Thief Job so I basically just have her steal from every single enemy so right now I have 99 potions and like 50 of every other item lol so I don't think I'll be having a problem with running out. My last game I tried going back to and was underleveled with no magic and literally no items, and like 50 gil in total with my jobs really weak too since I had just got a crystal. This time around I have level 99 on everyone's primary job for now and I'm getting ready to go get my second crystal. So I'm pretty excited about that :)

Years
  • Was there ever a time while playing a game by Squaresoft/enix that you felt awkward or maybe cringed?

Huh. Well that's a question I never imagined to be associated with Square Enix games, but then again, I don't particularly pay attention to details like those XD Though, I did cringe whenever Seymour in Final Fantasy X showed up simply because he looks, and acts like a creepy stalker around Yuna D: The wedding scene between them was painful to watch; it burned my eyes @_@

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Whoops, should have made a new topic sooner.
    What do you think about characters dying?
    This is a pretty vague topic, but what I want to say is what do you think/feel when a character is killed off? Do you think they deserved to die? Were you wishing for it? Do you wish you had the ability to kill off other characters?

Years
  • What do you think about characters dying?

Hm, if I recall correctly, and feel free to point out my mistake, but I only remember Aeris being the only main character that has been killed off \: I haven't played any games earlier than VII so I have no knowledge as to what happened in them. With that being said, since she is one of my favourite video game characters, it was devastating in the game, and having to be reminded in the movie D: My favourite characters dying off happens more in anime/manga series, but not so much in Final Fantasy. I would never wish to kill off a character even if I wouldn't consider them likeable; I grow with cast while I'm playing the game, and by the end of the game, I often do have one or two favourites meanwhile the rest are neutral.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Well, there is a rather largish list of Characters who have died in the games, a few were extremely main characters, a few were guests, then obviously a ton of NPC's die but they were somewhat important NPC's. Really the topic ranges anything from NPC to basic enemy to bosses to main/guest characters. Like in FF II a toooooon of people are killed. Basically anyone that you take into your party that isn't there from the beginning of the game will die and pretty much anyone that you talk to throughout the game has a pretty good chance of dying.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Is it safe to create a new topic here? O_o It seems as though this place is pretty dead right now.

What character do you feel relates to you the most? I mean, personality-wise.

For me, it would have to be Rikku. The reason is because she's really hyper, talks a lot and can't sit still. This is often me once you get to know me more. XD I also feel like I'm somewhat like Yuffie too. She's got somewhat the same personality Rikku has.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • What character do you feel relates to you the most? I mean, personality-wise.
    I would have to say either Cloud or Leon in the first couple of discs. We share the common bonds of always falling behind someone and not wanting to have to have people rely on us because we know we're just going to fail and ♥♥♥♥ everything up.

Also if you find you have 45 minutes to spare throughout your day and feel like feeling some good music, you should go give this a listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRJYYKxYIws

PinkOmnimon

Alpha and Omega
    Years
  • Username: PinkOmnimon
    Topic answer: I would have to sat the character that represents me personality wise is Yuna. I haven' beaten the game but she's so shy and kind
    Final Fantasy games you've owned: X, X-2, IV, V, VI, I, II, III
    Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Yuna

Years
  • What character do you feel relates to you the most? I mean, personality-wise.

Probably Squall or Auron. I'm mostly a quiet, reserved, and serious person who can come off as cold sometimes, although I'm perfectly capable of being social when I want to.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
    Years
  • Username: UltraNerdtendo64

Topic: Probably Locke from Final Fantasy VI. I don't know. Not really the thief- I mean treasure hunting part, but heck. Let's just say that our personality traits and behaviour are very, very, similar.

Final Fantasy Games Owned:
    Final Fantasy IV (SNES / DS)
    Final Fantasy VI (SNES / GBA)
    Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
    Final Fantasy VII (PC)
    Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (iOS)
    Final Fantasy Dimensions (iOS)
    Final Fantasy: All The Bravest (iOS)
    (Yeah I'm fairly new to the franchise)

FF Representative Character - Zack Fair (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII)

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Username: UltraNerdtendo64

Topic: Probably Locke from Final Fantasy VI. I don't know. Not really the thief- I mean treasure hunting part, but heck. Let's just say that our personality traits and behaviour are very, very, similar.

Final Fantasy Games Owned:
    Final Fantasy IV (SNES / DS)
    Final Fantasy VI (SNES / GBA)
    Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
    Final Fantasy VII (PC)
    Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (iOS)
    Final Fantasy Dimensions (iOS)
    Final Fantasy: All The Bravest (iOS)
    (Yeah I'm fairly new to the franchise)

FF Representative Character - Zack Fair (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII)

Welcome to the club! I hope you enjoy it nd find it very homey.

Username: PinkOmnimon
    Topic answer: I would have to sat the character that represents me personality wise is Yuna. I haven' beaten the game but she's so shy and kind
    Final Fantasy games you've owned: X, X-2, IV, V, VI, I, II, III
    Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Yuna

Welcome to the club! I hope you enjoy it nd find it very homey.

Back