• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem Fates Discussion

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    8 chapters in and just got Odin and Niles. Definitely like the cast of the Nohr route so far. Kinda of pain leveling up Mozu since you can't free battle in Conquest, but if she's anything like Donnel, it'll be worth the hassle.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    8 chapters in and just got Odin and Niles. Definitely like the cast of the Nohr route so far. Kinda of pain leveling up Mozu since you can't free battle in Conquest, but if she's anything like Donnel, it'll be worth the hassle.

I'm sure she has not been dubbed "killager" for nothing.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
    I picked up Conquest just now. I thought I would only be able to buy at the end of the month, but my peers got to buy theirs so i went with the flow :P

I'll post my MyCastle code once I get a bit further into the game.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    When it comes to the characters, I certainly find myself liking the characters on the Nohr side. I noticed that the for the weapons the strengths and weaknesses against each other got changed again.
    Spoiler:
    As for My Castle, I ended up giving it the name of Rapture 4.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
    The date of Fire Emblem Fates is coming in North America everyone is super hyped to be released in all regions i'm sure of it let's polish our blades and get ready for battle :)
    Not out in Europe yet. I just hope Nintendo of Europe will undo some of the unnecessary changes NoA Treehouse made. Otherwise I'm going to have to learn Japanese and start importing games.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Unlike FE4, this game's children all seem to be father dependent. Not sure who to pair up with who yet. I'm on chapter 14, playing on Normal difficulty, and it's still been rather challenging. Also, Odin has some pretty funny ass quotes (not surprisingly) {XD}

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    On Birthright Chapter 16 Lunatic, and uh... The beginning five chapters have been more of a hassle than the rest of this route, lmao. With the exception of Chapter 10, because ninjas are annoying litter buggers. I'm absolutely looking forward to my Conquest playthrough with all the armies of ninjas and Negative Chain.

Speaking of skills, a lot of them are pretty cool. Darting Blow and Duelist's Blow, aren't particularly game-breaking, but I like the applications for them and how early they come. On the other hand, all of the Seal skills are complete lol. It's amusing to see enemies smack themselves on Oboro, only to lose -6 Def and -6 Spd.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    After playing a few minutes to the first hours, i kinda understand why there were some criticisms with the English dialogue. Holy Zhang Liao's Lu Bu, the voice acting in some of the characters sound like bad fandubs than they are legitimate efforts. Heck, some FE Fandubs sounded better.

To be more positive though, the story is really spot on so far. The first few scenes already tell the player (us) that we are about to embark on a rather serious and emotional journey, with really heavy implications. A much stronger start than it is in Awakening.

So rather than stick to my old formula of playing a female avatar in every game, i decided to be a Tall and Calmly voiced Male and named said avatar to unsurprisingly "Jotaro" with a Samurai Specialty because it could be interesting. Could have named my MU as "Jubei" or "Musashi" or even "Raiden" but those are way too common Samurai names.

PS: Nohr's Elise sounds suspiciously like Lissa while inheriting some parts from Maribelle's in-game model.

Zet

Years
    NoA replaced an entire C support rank conversation with "...", which is weird, because later on in the support there is references to the original C rank conversation.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    So I've finally gotten around to playing Fates today, and I started with Birthright. I chose Hard considering Normal was a snoozefest in Awakening, and..the difficulty has definitely been amped up a bit which is nice.

The only thing I don't like so far is how Nohr is 'evil'. I was hoping Nohr vs Hoshido wouldn't be so black vs white. It's gonna make playing Conquest difficult, because I always feel awful for not choosing the moral high ground even in video games.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    The only thing I don't like so far is how Nohr is 'evil'. I was hoping Nohr vs Hoshido wouldn't be so black vs white. It's gonna make playing Conquest difficult, because I always feel awful for not choosing the moral high ground even in video games.

In Conquest, Hosido is definitely evil as well.

Spoiler:

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
    Well, I was able to beat Chapter 13 of Conquest, so I decided to talk about stuff here on this thread! So, I got this game on it's release date. I got Conquest, while my brother and sister got Birthright (those goody-two shoes). My mom had to get to GameStop quick cause it was a first-come, first serve thing, for some reason. Apparently, people REALLY wanted this game, especially Conquest. My mom had to go to a different Gamestop, JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE SOLD OUT ON CONQUEST. The dark side and it's amazing waifus were strong with us.

Right, uh, I started the game as soon as I got it. Now that I'm at Chapter 14, I still don't see what's hard about this game that everyone who played it before release has been warning us about.

The only ones that gave me some serious trouble to deal with were Chapter 13 and 10. 10, due to defending the small area being a bit hard, and the INFINITE RESPAWNING HOSHIDANS, and 13, due to a strict turn limit. Oh, and in Chapter 9, I made a pretty stupid mistake and decided to not talk to a certain character, but that was mainly because I saw no talk bubble on her head or anything, after the one time (Read: the Awakening DLC) I saw talk bubbles on the characters' heads. Not making that mistake in Chapter 14. Although, another moment where I lost a certain other character was because they died before I could get to them. Guess I won't get the so-called amazing villager with wonderful re-class opportunities.

Currently, the only couple I have officially made was me and Jakob, which led to me and ma butler husbando having two wonderful sons. The other OTPs I will try to make are Odin and TsundereSelena, and Niles and Beruka. Although, Peri might make me break the Niruka ship....Eh, maybe I'll try to make her bond with that wolf.

And that's my current experiences with Fire Emblem Fates! :3

Oh yeah, and my Castle name is Ft. Resonate. It's address is 08863-04754-52263-74794, if you want to see it.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    is it me or is Felicia one of my favorite units in this game as of now? Dat Maid son. Throwing Knives, Ninja Shurikens, while healing your other units as well? Also, i like her artwork too. Too bad her voice.. nvmd. I think we have all accepted about the English Voicework in Fates.

Felicia: Ninja Assassin Maid Rising Revengeance. Next manga and anime idea boys and girls.

I also love the abudance of kingdoms and factions in Fates. And I love these kinds of in-game settings with a lot of factions to work with. Also, basis for Fire Emblem Musou guys.

As for the fights, dat RNG though. I remember in Awakening, anything less than 70% is almost a guaranteed miss especially to your MU but here, even at high 50's% one heavy hitting dude can make a difference from a soft reset or a victory. Also, the early game is a lot easier here than in Awakening with the abundance of things to do, and I'm pretty sure the next few chapters are going to be a decent challenge. And I gotta love some of those Swordsmen with Wyrmslayers who can gib your MU... GJ Intelligent Systems. We have that 3DS FE game where the MU is actually at risk even on Normal difficulty.

Also, Birthright MU here because I'm a weeb and the Japanese-ish Hoshido is so desu. my coin landed on Heads when i was asking RNGesus.

Arc

Years
    I can't fathom the balance of Lunatic Revelations. This whole route is wtf. Why does Pout-chan have two less strength? Why is Hayato decent? Camilla is still a goddess. Shura is literal saint that puts Sakura and Elise to shame. Silas stats are all ridiculous, my god, he's a Great Knight that forgot to promote. And, everyone past Chapter 14 pretty much sucks unless you're a pre-promote. Revelations needs more Lunatic bonuses shenanigans going on, because a lot of these characters border the line of being sort of usable to straight up garbage. Still, at least my boys, Takumi and Keaton are putting in the work.

More importantly, Revelations needs chill with the promoted enemies, holy crap. I'd rather not fight the equivalent of H5 Hyman starting Chapter 11.

Conquest Lunatic is gr8 though. I would give whoever designed Chapter 10 a giant hug, because everything about that map makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

is it me or is Felicia one of my favorite units in this game as of now? Dat Maid son. Throwing Knives, Ninja Shurikens, while healing your other units as well?
    I class-changed her to Strategist the instant vendors were available, lol. That magic stat is asking for tomes.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Silas stats are all ridiculous, my god, he's a Great Knight that forgot to promote. And, everyone past Chapter 14 pretty much sucks

I class-changed her to Strategist the instant vendors were available, lol. That magic stat is asking for tomes.

Oh god, Silas. Yes. The instant i got him on the chapter where he's recruited, he's been carrying my party hard.

I've felt those magic stat growths on Felicia and since i didn't read on everyone's stat growths (curse me for playing blind and not reading character stat guides) i might as well go for such.

May i ask, and i apologize for playing like an Awakening scrub, but is it still advisable to level cap your dude first before Master Seal promotion or are the mechanics somewhat different now? Not just referring to the Hero but to everyone else (even the darn healers).

Last edited:

Arc

Years
    May i ask, and i apologize for playing like an Awakening scrub, but is it still advisable to level cap your dude first before Master Seal promotion or are the mechanics somewhat different now? Not just referring to the Hero but to everyone else (even the darn healers).
    Typically, yes. You'll want to promote at Lv. 20 to maximize a character's growth. Especially, with character specific modifiers, they don't cap out their key stats until they hit 20. And, you never know, if you promoted at say Lv. 15, you might have missed out on a crucial speed proc that could have made your life easier. This isn't like Awakening, levels are limited, you'll have to use them wisely. Of course, it's best to go at this by a case-by-case basis. If a character has reached a certain threshold in their stats that you're happy with and will make their current contributions skyrocket, go promote them. I've read strategies that have Effie gain as much levels before Conquest Chapter 10 (Lunatic), which you then promptly promote and chug tonics to gain a pseudo-Jeigan; essentially having two Camillas running around.

Healers are an exception. Unless you play slowly - we're talking, spending more than 15+ turns per chapter - you don't see them hit Lv. 20 consistently. In this case, promote them if you feel like they're about to fall behind or become a liability. That or drop them for another character with a respectable staff rank. Either way, at the end of the day, their primary job is to heal. Everything else is a bonus.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    is it me or is Felicia one of my favorite units in this game as of now? Dat Maid son. Throwing Knives, Ninja Shurikens, while healing your other units as well? Also, i like her artwork too. Too bad her voice.. nvmd. I think we have all accepted about the English Voicework in Fates.

Felicia: Ninja Assassin Maid Rising Revengeance. Next manga and anime idea boys and girls.

OMG. At first I thought she was just gonna be one of those units that I ignore, but the more I use her the more I love having her around. Devoted Partner + Demoiselle + Live to Serve + debuffing enemies with Daggers makes her soooo useful as a support unit.

I'm really liking the Ninja units, too, because of their debuffs and high resistance/speed.

Years
    You can also give Felicia the Explosive Shuriken so that she can continue to be a great support with some amazing offensive ability to boot. You get to keep her in a class that allows her to use S-Rank Staves and she can still debuff the enemy because she can continue to use shurikens + take advantage of her magic growths. Her defence is still garbage though haha keep her away from anything that looks at her the wrong way.

Back