• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First- and Second-gen fans unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
    Years
    Okay, this is for those of you who enjoy a good evening with that battered old copy of Blue.

Who had a nerdgasm when you saw the Indigo League DVDs in stores.

If you've noticed that your list of favorites tends towards Pokemon that are a decade or so old.

If realizing that makes you feel hideously old.

In short, this is for the people who fell in love with Red, Blue, and Yellow, who remember the rabid fervor they had on the release date of Gold and Silver. Who cried during "Pikachu's Goodbye" and thought Professor Ivy was a lousy wench who was no good for Brock.

This is for the fans of Pokemon through Crystal or the end of the Orange Islands arc.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    I'm nearly twenty, been playing ever since R/B came out here in the US. Sis makes fun of me because I still play, says I'm too old to like Pokemon and that I should like to watch the news and politics and such.

Years
    I'll join! I'm 20 & have been playing red since it came out (still do ^^) Huzzah to you, for making such a fine fanclub!

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
    Years
    I still remember my first ever copy of Red. Its battery died and I got rid of it. Made me sad on the inside. *laughs* No one gives me crap about playing anymore. Advantage of topping the average male by three to six inches.

Years
    I should dig up my old blue and yellow copies. I love the old pokemon the best. Explains why Charizard is still my fave now as I play through Diamond.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I know I belong here as I said yes to almost everything on the first post except for crying during the episode "Pikachu's Goodbye" it was the episode "Gotta Catch Ya Later" which had that effect on me. And also I was neutral on Brock leaving during the Orange Islands as I did not have any strong feelings toward him. Personally, I started out with Red and remember the day I got it too. I got the game for my 12th birthday in May of 2000 along with the players guide and a brand new atomic purple Gameboy Color. And that Christmas I got Silver along with the Pikachu 2 virtual pet and I also got the G/S edition Gameboy Color in the spring of 2001 which I still have to this day and it still works perfectly.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I like several Pokemon but if I had to pick my favorite from generation 1 or 2 I would have to say Starmie because it is tough and can cover well for its weaknesses.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 3, 2024
    1st and 2nd gen favourite pokemon has to be Scizor! I like the bug type and Scizor looked cool

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    *Jumps through glass door in rabid fanboy craze*
    MUST... JOIN... CLUB!!!1

Kanto and jhoto were probably the best things ever to come out of pokemon.
    and there is still one question that still ponders me.

If mewtwo is a stronger clone of mew, then.. why is it #150?
    and mew #151?
    I know that mew isn;t catchable in the old games,
    which makes it #151, but since there were only suppose to be 150 pokemon,
    doesn't that mean mew SHOULD be #150?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    It is confusing to me too but then again don't bother trying to understand why this was but I think it has quite a bit to do with the the fact that you did not need it to have a complete Pokedex in those days since it was event only.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    It is confusing to me too but then again don't bother trying to understand why this was but I think it has quite a bit to do with the the fact that you did not need it to have a complete Pokedex in those days since it was event only.

true.
    it does make sence in some ways,
    and other ways it doesn't.

but nothing really makes sence in the pokemon world anymore.
    exactly, what are burgers made out of?
    Tauros? Miltank?

I rest my case.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Can I join?

I have been in this series since 1999 and I miss the times from 2002 and earlier just because the series was so much better then. I miss Misty being a regular cast member on the show, I miss the Johto region, I miss the hillariously terrible graphics of RBYG (wait, I can just pull my gameboy out for that). I've been a fan of this series for 9 years now and I havent looked back.

My Favorite Poke? Dragonair, because its awsome, but my second fav and fav Starter is Typhlosion.
    Burgers would be made out of Miltank not tauros because will not gore you if you try to turn it into a meal (unless it belonged to Whitney of Goldenrod City, in which case it will rollout you and frustrate you to no end.)

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
    Years
    YAY ANOTHER SOMEONE WHO IS A LEGAL ADULT HAS ENTERED THE CLUB!

And guess what?

Typholsion is my favorite starter, too! (Well, technically the starter's Cydaquil, but...)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    can i join too?! i think the first two generations were by far the best, especially the first. i was in kindergarten when red and blue came out and literally every kid in my class had one. i would play my blue version pretty much all day when i got home.

I have been in this series since 1999 and I miss the times from 2002 and earlier just because the series was so much better then. I miss Misty being a regular cast member on the show, I miss the Johto region, I miss the hillariously terrible graphics of RBYG (wait, I can just pull my gameboy out for that). I've been a fan of this series for 9 years now and I havent looked back.

YEAH!! Misty was so much cooler than stupid may and max. misty was funny. there's no personality with the new people.

I still like pokemon a whole lot, but its really lost something with the newer stuff.

EDIT:
    Favorite old pokemon: Squirtle cuz it was my first. i also like ninetales, rapidash, charmander, pikachu, starmie, the eevees, lapras, oddish, pretty much everything else

Last edited:
    Years
    Huzzah to new members! ^^ *throws confetti in everyones face*
    & we have a few Misty fans in here as well, Schweet! ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back