• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First- and Second-gen fans unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    WHY??? they should have keeped misty.
    but NOO... they had to keep brock instead.
    brock's cool and all, but misty was t3h best.

and after misty, all they do is get the female heroine of the region to take the girl poision.
    and the weird thing is...
    whenever a group member leaves ash's party, they seem... better off?
    Now misty is a powerful gym leader, and may is a top cordinator with OMG POWERFUL POKEMON (as serebii is to be believed) evolved from her old wimpy pokemon.

but no one seems to know what happend to max...
    maybe he'll come back later is the next region? and be ten years old?
    and be a trainer?
    meh...

wow, I went tracking offtopic, didn't I?

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    Lol, yeah.

Hmm, favorite Pokemon from GSC...Espeon. Before I knew anything about competitive Pokemon, Espeon's firepower with Psychic heavily impressed me.

For D/P competitive, favorite RBY/GSC Pokemon would have to be Moltres. Now that it has Roost and WoW, I can actually beat stuff like Milotic/Vaporeon with Moltres.

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
    Years
    What I would really love to see is a Pokemon game where you get the chance to choose a bunch of things. It would be a massive project, but it would be so awesome.

What would you get to choose?

A unique sprite from an array of say, ten or so for each gender.
    The region you're starting in.
    Your hometown.
    Your specialty (breeding, training, contests).
    What order you want to do the regions in.
    If you'd like to travel with other people.

Because if that were the case, there would be an almost endless supply of things to do in the first and second gen. Even if they just did it with the first and second gen pokemon, it would be awesome.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    What I would really love to see is a Pokemon game where you get the chance to choose a bunch of things. It would be a massive project, but it would be so awesome.

What would you get to choose?

A unique sprite from an array of say, ten or so for each gender.
    The region you're starting in.
    Your hometown.
    Your specialty (breeding, training, contests).
    What order you want to do the regions in.
    If you'd like to travel with other people.

Because if that were the case, there would be an almost endless supply of things to do in the first and second gen. Even if they just did it with the first and second gen pokemon, it would be awesome.

Holy jaja, that does sound incredible. o_o; I wouldn't be surprised if some anniversary game (Say 50? XD) came out like that, it'd be the perfect gift if so. But yeah, amazing idea.

Well, count me in! :D I'm a huge Johto fan, of course first generation too. So I'd definitely like to be a part of this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Huzzah to new members! ^^ *throws confetti in everyones face*
    & we have a few Misty fans in here as well, Schweet! ^^

I happen to be one too if my avatar did not give it away already and not only that I am one of her male fans whose intentions are pure. There are quite a few reasons to play Red, Blue, and Yellow even today and nostalgia is certainly one of them. I happen to be twenty myself and understand how people might make fun of you for still liking Pokemon but think about this, there are people in their thirties who like it as well.

Years
    I happen to be twenty myself and understand how people might make fun of you for still liking Pokemon but think about this, there are people in their thirties who like it as well.

Very true. My mom watched it with me when it 1st came out & she's crazy for the games. She'll take my gameboy pocket to work & play yellow on her breaks & people think she's mental XD

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    I happen to be one too if my avatar did not give it away already and not only that I am one of her male fans whose intentions are pure. There are quite a few reasons to play Red, Blue, and Yellow even today and nostalgia is certainly one of them. I happen to be twenty myself and understand how people might make fun of you for still liking Pokemon but think about this, there are people in their thirties who like it as well.

I really wish I could find my brother's GBC+GB games. I would play it everyday, too.
    even get all three starter glitch in crystal cause I all love tem so much.
    Except for totdile. It has to evolve to get my respect XD

Very true. My mom watched it with me when it 1st came out & she's crazy for the games. She'll take my gameboy pocket to work & play yellow on her breaks & people think she's mental XD

My mom keeps mixing me up with my brother because he was into pokemon a lot at my age. "I just had to get my jhoto cards" T_T

My mom is the complete opposite she hated when I play these games because she thought it was too kiddish but now she let's me still play them and act like a lil kid...so yeah

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
    Years
    My mom hates that I still like Pokemon as well. Well, then again, my mom hates a lot of things that I sincerely enjoy about myself. Considering I plan on spending the rest of my life gaming, she's not that happy at all. :P

But screw 'em all. I love gaming.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Huzzah to new members! ^^ *throws confetti in everyones face*
    & we have a few Misty fans in here as well, Schweet! ^^

Yeah I am a Misty fan too :) but you know what would be cool? If they had a version where you did exactly like red, blue, and yellow version but only it was based on the anime so you could travel with Brock and Misty....That would be awesome!!

This makes me very happy just reading.

That would be pretty cool. Yellow would be a fitting version to do that with!

I actually thought of that when I was 9 before GS was announced that they'd remake Yellow to add Misty and Brock in. Maybe we should start a hack of it?

WHY??? they should have keeped misty.
    but NOO... they had to keep brock instead.
    brock's cool and all, but misty was t3h best.

and after misty, all they do is get the female heroine of the region to take the girl poision.
    and the weird thing is...
    whenever a group member leaves ash's party, they seem... better off?
    Now misty is a powerful gym leader, and may is a top cordinator with OMG POWERFUL POKEMON (as serebii is to be believed) evolved from her old wimpy pokemon.

True, but Misty isnt completely happy as Gym Leader. When she briefly joined them around Kanto in Battle Frontier she didnt want to return to the Gym even though she had 30 challengers waiting.

ok, back to 1st + 2nd Gen. What Game was your first and which was your favorite?
    Personally, my first was Yellow, but my favorite was Crystal. However, I only completed my PokeDex on Red strangely.

What Game was your first and which was your favorite?

Omg mine too was yellow, I remember I wanted it so badly because it just reminded me of the anime and I loved pikachu :)...I remember I completed the pokedex but then my friend accidentally deleted the data :(...But I will go back someday and redo it but better :)

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    My first Pokemon game was Red and I started on it back in 2000 on the day of my 12th birthday. I got the game along with an atomic purple Gameboy Color and the player's guide for Red/Blue. This game has since been lost but thanks to emulators I can still play it.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Thats so sad, man. I still have my red version, but nothing to play it on (I lost my GBA while I was at college). There's nothing like the classics. And I also had an Atomic purple GBC when I started too (weird coincidence).

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    That is a weird coincidence but my atomic purple GBC was destroyed and replaced with the G/S Gameboy Color which I still have today and still works. Problem is I don't have any GBC Pokemon games anymore since I lost my Silver too. Again that is one of the ROMs that I have so not as much of a big deal.

Years
    What Game was your first and which was your favorite?
    -My 1st was Red but my Fave would have to be...Silver. It was so good. It introduced day & night which was cool & hept me from thinking that they lived in a world of eternal daylight XD

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
    Years
    Well now... My first game was Red Version, as a Christmas present. My first starter was a Charmander. Yeah, kinda tough given the first two Gyms, but there's no denying that he's a badass choice.

Favorite first-gen would be Alakazam, hands down. He was the first I ever raised to level 100 and in the "Trainer's League" at my middle school, I dominated with him.

Favorite second-gen is Espeon. Yeah, I have a thing for Psychic-types, can you tell?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back