• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
Years
  • Technically, I started on pokemon cards. When I was five, $3.25 was serious cash, so you'd better believe I squealed with joy if I got a holographic card.

Mine first real game was gold. I got it around when I was 6, couldn't find out how to get out of my room, then let it sit for two years while i played some jungle book game.

Then, i finally did find out. And boy, seeing sentret, totdile, etc. (ZOMG new pokemon) was mind-boggling. I had the green pokemon handbook with all the original 151, so all these new pokemon were so awesome and cool.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2009
    Got yellow on Xmas when I was about 5, that's when I REALLY got hooked on video games. I miss my Pikachu.

Years
  • Blue version, it was my sisters when she went to school in the morning i would find it in her drawer and play with it till i had to go to school in the afternoon for kindergarten =).
    Soon enough i got my first game for my birthday after my sister was sick of me touching hers and using the master ball on a slowpoke, which was yellow, and a teal blue gameboy color.

Rii

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Mine was Pokemon Red. ^__^ I can still remember the first time I played it. This was maybe a few months before the release of yellow. I was super excited because I had been watching the shows, then I found out from a guy in my class there was a game. I bugged him every day til he let me borrow his copy of Red and his gameboy. I borrowed it for 2 weeks, then went out that Christmas bought a gameboy color and both Red and Blue. :)

Years
  • Pokemon Red for me. It was for that game that I decided to get a Gameboy Color. I remember playing that game all the time. I would battle with my friends, trade pokemon, and talk to that old guy in order to battle the missingnos. Good times.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure it was Crystal, I was looking at some Youtube Pokemon walkthroughs and thought "Hey, why don't I download a Crystal ROM?" This was not too long ago, it was pretty much on my 10th birthday.

WeisseEdelweiss

Executor
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2013
    The first game I played was Pokemon Red and I distinctly remember I got a Charmander and then I didn't save it. So I had a heart attack when the game restarted to the begining again. XD

Kaiser Glider

Training in Dragon's Den
    Years
  • The first game I played was my Red version. I got it around Halloween 1998 (god, that makes me feel so old!). It was an early Christmas gift because my parents were sick of me bugging them for it. :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    That would be Pokemon Blue for me. My friend bought it first (actually I think he rented it...) and I played it on his black and white game boy. XD

Then I got Pokemon Red for my birthday and we duked it out until I got silver. Then he got gold and well the rest is obvious. =p

chelly1107

The Unseen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    Pokemon Gold from Christmas, year 2000. Addicted to Pokemon ever since...

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Mmm. Hello thar nostalgia.
    Yeah. Back in the good ol' days. With my Blue version.
    I should really have a play through with it some time.

Elekid Kid

Banned
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    my friend had pokemon blue, then he would come to my house and we would play it and watch the show. then he grew tired of pokemon and gave me blue, then i got fire red, then leaf green, then emerald then ranger then diamond... happy days

Back