• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Not all of us are teenagers. Some of us are college age. Which isn't really any different regarding food, but I thought I'd make the distinction anyway.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • ^ Agreed. I'll be 20 in a few months and I doubt that's gonna change the way I think about food. If anything I'll like it more since hopefully I'll have a stronger pallet.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I ate a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Id rather have something else( like something more unhealthy preferably) but I just made the sandwich because it was easier and I had all the ingredients. I wish I could go out to eat :/

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I wish I could eat out more often, like I did back in college. Home cooked meals aren't exactly terrible but they are bland and unexciting.

(some of us are past college age but just wish desperately we were still college aged :P)

Years
  • It kinda sucks when McDonald's is the place that serves up the best fries in your town :/

Personally, I think McDonald's fries (which they've deep fried exclusively in vegetable oil for the last 5 years or so) are the best thing they have going for them, and far better than the fries at most other places. I've been to very few places that have prepared better tasting fries, at least in my opinion.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I haven't....eaten in about 24 hours. I'm not hungry for food but good food does sound good rn.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The longest I usually go without eating is 10 hours, and that's only because I sleep that long. I help myself to whatever I can cause I'm gonna keep this gorgeous figure of mine.

Maybe you should just eat a lot of low calorie food instead of eating a little fatty food.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    We have low calorie soups but it's just like...I'm not hungry for food in general, but my mom is quitting smoking so she's eating a lot of stuff and the stuff she's suggesting sounds good, haha.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Ik it's like with me too. I want to eat so bad but my stomach won't allow it :c

Personally, I think McDonald's fries (which they've deep fried exclusively in vegetable oil for the last 5 years or so) are the best thing they have going for them, and far better than the fries at most other places. I've been to very few places that have prepared better tasting fries, at least in my opinion.
    Though they may have some flaws, McDonald's actually is serving better and better food methinks (and portions, imo). Though their "fresh food" campaign might just be a bunch of baloney, I still think it's a lot better than other places (like Burger King).

Also, my mom *****es about how McDonald's is giving us smaller and smaller burgers, but I'm like rly mom? You're the one saying America needs to slim down.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    There are ways to eat healthy at McDonald's but it's difficult. I used to have two grilled chicken ranch wraps with no sauce, which aren't very tasty but they fill up your stomach, are nutritionally sound, and have like 250 calories each or something like that. You have to be really careful though, just because it says 'salad' or 'chicken' doesn't necessarily mean it's healthy hahah.

Also their tiny McDoubles that they sell for a buck each are almost 400 calories each. The more you know~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The only thing I have as McDonalds are McChickens and McFlurries. I vaguely remember the last time I had a burger and fried and personally I prefer Arby's Fries than McDonald's fries. As for Burgers the taste of Fast Food burgers have just been unappetizing for me in general as of late. Last time I went to Burger King I ended up with a wrap instead because of it.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Have you tried the Filet o' Fish? It might not be the best burger, but at least for me the taste is tolerable. It's pretty much the only burger I can stomach.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If it's on the dollar menu then maybe I'll give it a shot. But unless it's a McFlurry or something I refuse to buy anything that is not on the dollar menu at McDonalds. Thus I usually buy two McChickens so some water and when I go to McDonalds by myself I usually only spend $2.12. Sometimes I go with my sister and we get 2-4 McChickens depending on how hungry we are.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Haha my boyfriend loves when we have McDonald's for dinner because it's a 6 dollar dinner we're both satisfied with.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • And speaking of food, you could make something at home...usually it's cheaper, and if not, it's healthier and more delicious.

If you don't know any recipes, blogs like foodwishes and Laura in the Kitchen give you low-budget meals to work your way across.

Much better than any fast food joint if you ask me - and it's hella fun and rewarding just making it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The problem with that is that for people that don't work with a well-stocked kitchen to begin with, you have to buy things that you probably won't use again - think spices and such, where you have to buy way more than you'll use in the recipe. I've seen those "recipes on a shoestring budget" things and they don't take that into account. They'll be like "this uses one banana, that only costs 20 cents!" but they don't mention that you can't just buy one banana from a bunch, and buying them alone at like a convenience store would run you way more than that.

And then if you buy all these things and don't like the recipe, wtf do you do with all the extra ingredients? Cooking isn't always the right answer. :( Plus compared to restaurants the food is never as tasty if you don't put tons of work into it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I eat at home all the time. But that's not what the discussion was about so I didn't mention it haha. I find my mom's cooking far better than any food that I eat out. Too bad I don't really know how to cook so I'm not sure what I'll be eating when I leave home. Maybe a bunch of Spaghetti.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I got tired of having to go out and buy herbs and whatnot when I wanted to use them... so I've been growing them myself this year.

I hate wanting to make something out of the ordinary and having to buy everything because I don't already have any of the stuff I need.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back