• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years

• The past two school years they set up this fake vending machine at my school, where every button says the same thing and it has a massive box behind it. You press any of the buttons and a hand comes out to give you something free...it was usually just a free bottle of some kind of coke product, but they also gave out cameras, massive sandwiches, pizzas, etc.

And then the third time we just got a knock on our door over the holidays and a woman gave us a bag full of cans of Coke and said "Happy holidays from Coca-Cola!" and drove off in her Coke-branded truck, haha.
    :O

That's the kind of scenario I dream of. A full bag of Coca Cola cans for doing absolutely nothing at all? Jealous isn't even the word.

I personally prefer Coca Cola over Pepsi. Might just be because that's what I've grown up drinking. Diet Coke has a nostalgic taste for me because as a kid that's all I was allowed to drink since my parents didn't usually let me drink regular coke. Got into regular coke as a teenager and now it's my favourite soda, despite the fact it's incredibly unhealthy.

Edit: @Lightning, I totally agree with you. I remember when I first saw this commercial I both laughed and raged at its stupidity:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Well, to be fair, it's not like Diet Coke is that healthy either. :P It just has less calories because it uses artificial sweeteners instead of sugar, iirc. All of them are bad for you in excess but I always find that I feel a lot worse after drinking a Coke Zero (can't even get past the Diet taste in Diet Coke XD) than Coke. My body just doesn't process the chemicals in it the same way or something. I may gain more weight from drinking Coke over the Diet flavours but it's healthier for me on the whole if I ignore calories. :s

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Every "healthy" alternative to soda that I've tasted has been inferior and not worth it. The only decent diet soda is diet Mountain Dew, and that's only cause it actually tastes like regular Mountain Dew. There's really no point in doing that though, it's like buying a Mac when all you're gonna do is run Windows.

And the best soda is Dr Pepper, trufax.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Dr. Pepper is great because you can mix it with cheap vodka and it masks the terrible taste.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I tried Dr Pepper for the first time last year and I don't like it at all. :( Honestly, the only soft drink I like is Coke so that probably affects my enjoyment somewhat ("why should I buy this drink when I could buy Coke for the same price or cheaper??") but it also just tasted weird. u_u

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    If you're not a fan of root beer then you probably wouldn't like it that much. Dr Pepper is the forbidden love child of Coke and Root Beer.

Dr. Pepper is great because you can mix it with cheap vodka and it masks the terrible taste.

It's like you read my mind Toujours. I do that all the time whenever I have the necessary ingredients. But I prefer downing the alcohol and then drinking the Dr Pepper, since mixing just dilutes the Dr Pepper but doesn't completely dilute the crappy vodka.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I like Dr. Pepper though and hate root beer Luck, so where does that leave me? D;

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I haven't had a soda in the past seven months. o3o
    I used to drink literally about 2-4 liters a day, and it was ridiculous. I'd get ulcers in my mouth all the time, as well as in my stomach.

That said, root beer was always my favorite. <3 Mug root beer was the best, A&W was second. Barq's sucks. Always has. But if it's the only root beer left, i'll drink it. I hate Dr. Pepper. It was nasty as heck. D;

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I'm NEVER sick of water, it's just deliccccious and sometimes I just crave it so much, it's like air for me lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Water is completely boring. The only way to make it interesting is to add flavorings which are full of sugar.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • I get bored drinking water. I think most of my water intake comes from cups of tea and occasionally Kool Aid (whenever I can buy it from sweet shops that stock American stuff).

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I used to do that just like you know lemonade or grenadine or whatever it's called, but recently I kind of decided to want to stay away a bit more from sugar (not natural) so yea :/

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Water is decent, I still prefer milk over that any day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back