• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • I've bought nothing on the Steam sale. I don't like gaming on my computer. Gets too loud and hot and slow. I need a new one.

But I have been eyeing the Nelson Tethers and Time Gentlemen (not so much this because it is Windows only) packs. Cave Story + too. Those all seem... not intensive? XD Haven't committed though

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Tom's bought over 60 bucks of games...I think my bad computer holds me back. I don't buy the great AAA games because my computer can only handle little indie games. XD;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Despite all the games on sale on Steam, barely anything interests me.
    This. This a million times over.

If it is a big-name title, then I'd want it on a console. For all the small indie stuff I look it at, read a review, watch a trailer, and just go "Oh, I guess that's kinda neat?" and move on.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You're missing out on so much if you skip the indie stuff. D; I'm obsessed with Binding of Isaac and Super Meat Boy right now.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I've gifted a loooot more than I've gotten for myself this time around. It feels good though. :D Besides, the more copies of Ys games I gift to people... the more possible it will be for XSEED to release more Falcom games on Steam. Or somethin'.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • You're missing out on so much if you skip the indie stuff. D; I'm obsessed with Binding of Isaac and Super Meat Boy right now.
    I'm okay with smaller/newer devs. But like actual indie stuff? A team of two people? When I've tried demos they just seem a little... off. They don't feel real, or something. Not sure how to describe it. But I don't enjoy playing them

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    From my experience, most indie games are very mediocre. I still enjoy most of them, but I think they still have a long way to go before they become truly good. Cave Story+ and 90% of indie games should be fine on your computer, unless your computer is roughly the size of a factory.

I do like what indie developers are standing for, even if 90% of them are arrogant asshats. Video games won't become any worse if they try to become more artistic. I just don't want it to become some kind of Dada art.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well if you play them and then decide you don't like them that's different than writing them all off because they're indie. :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Indie games are my favourites, especially when it comes to PC. When they're done right, you can almost feel the love and care in them and while they don't last as long as the AAA titles, I usually enjoy them so much more. Most of my favourite games in the last while have been indie titles (Cave Story, Orcs Must Die, Recettear, Sequence, Ben There Dan That!, Puzzle Agent). My computer runs some of the older AAA titles fairly well and once I replace my graphics card with my brother's old one, it should run pretty much anything I throw at it, but I find myself drawn far more to indie games than anything else.

I actually kind of dislike a lot of the big ticket games now in comparison. They feel too bulky and generic or something. I can't really pinpoint what it is but I vastly prefer indie games when it comes to PC gaming.
    I've gifted a loooot more than I've gotten for myself this time around. It feels good though. :D Besides, the more copies of Ys games I gift to people... the more possible it will be for XSEED to release more Falcom games on Steam. Or somethin'.
    This is true! I'm pretty sure XSEED came right out and said, after Y's: Origins released this summer, that if it didn't sell well, they wouldn't bother continuing to do what they do (at least in the PC market). :( I've never even played a Y's game and I don't want that to happen.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    hs2q8y.jpg

I feel bad for XSEED. They release a lot of niche Japanese games and the only developer that really gets recognized for that is Atlus, whose games are about as niche as Square Enix.

Also wtf, tinypic captcha asks me to answer a question with a dropdown list now.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Yeah, XSEED is amazing when it comes to localizing games that would otherwise be Japan-exclusives, so it really upsets me to see people pirate their games. It's sad to see a publisher who actually caters to and cares about its fans not get recognized for it.

Years
  • I should really pay more attention to XSEED... well more attention to games, in general, as I haven't been playing many recently! :(

Damned busy life.​

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I just saw the title of this DCC and would like to point out that our midnight premiere for The Dark Knight Rises is tomorrow night. Four days, ha... suck it, America.

Years
  • Makes me feel old as well cause I remember watching that old school batman as a youngster. In fairness, I probably have the mind of an 80 year old. Brain is decaying away and all that memory loss stuff etc.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I've definitely got the memory of an 80-year-old. At least when it comes to long-term stuff. I can barely remember what happened to me in primary school, and secondary school memories are also started to disappear. I'm really good with short-term stuff, but memories from years ago just don't seem to cut it with me.

Years
  • My 90 year old gradma can still tell stories about things her grandma told her and remembers lots of details even though she never experienced these events firsthand. That's the kind of memory I want to have when I'm 80+.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back