• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
It seems my memory has started to fail me in recent years, especially when it comes to little things. Major things I can recall, but things like facts or formulas for tests, or even what I have to pick up at the store, I tend to forget quite easily.

And I feel like I have the mind of an 80-something trapped in the body of a much younger person. I mean, I recently had someone on Facebook refer to my list of favorite cars as "granny-mobiles."

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I've got a pretty good memory I think but sometimes things just slip my mind completely, even if I was thinking about them a few seconds ago, but yeah I usually remember than afterwards but it gets annoying sometimes XD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The other day I was in the car with my mom, and we decided we were going to look something up when we got home and I told her neither of us would remember. We got home and both of us remembered me saying we wouldn't remember...but not what it is we wanted to look up.

It was an inner tube designed to look like the sun btw because I think that's a great idea and I don't know how it doesn't exist yet

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I don't forget stuff as much as I just tune it out XD People will be trying to talk to me and I'll just automatically say "okay" and go on. Then later they'll ask me "So did you do what I asked?" and I'll be completely clueless. XD But when I am paying attention I very rarely let something slip by. I have an especially good long term memory as well, so I can remember stuff people do for many years. My short term memory isn't bad but it isn't good either. :/

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't forget stuff as much as I just tune it out XD People will be trying to talk to me and I'll just automatically say "okay" and go on. Then later they'll ask me "So did you do what I asked?" and I'll be completely clueless. XD But when I am paying attention I very rarely let something slip by. I have an especially good long term memory as well, so I can remember stuff people do for many years. My short term memory isn't bad but it isn't good either. :/
I do the same thing. I'm a person who tends to tune out a lot of things tbh.
I hope my memory can be the same if not better when I'm 80 and older, I don't want to forget those around me :(.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
My memory used to be pretty good but it's gotten horrible lately. I tend to blame it on the lack of sleep but since everyone else seems to be saying it, maybe we're all just getting old. :P

Whenever I have to remember something small, I email it to myself and since I'm so obsessive about checking email, so long as I leave the message unread, I know I'll get to it at some point later that day. It's the only thing that keeps me from forgetting everything important, haha.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
My memory is really bad. I can remember stuff from up to a few years ago but thats it. I seem to have a better short term memory than a long term one.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Once I woke up right after a crazy dream and wanted to remember it, so I thought really hard of the last image I woke up after in my head, and figured if I remembered that last bit I would remember the whole thing. Then I went to tell people and all I can remember is this one crazy image of a man that's actually a train that flies in the air like those chinese dragons and that was fighting my boyfriend.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I sort of have the same with dreams, only this one time I wanted to write it down instantly so I wouldn't forget and I kept forgetting what to write down exactly and then yeah it went nowhere lol ;(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I don't typically remember my dreams too well, and yet I never really felt compelled to write them down, either. I do recall my dream last night involved me finding some really old stuff on the floor in my grandma's garage, but other than that, I can't recall any details.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
The only dreams I usually remember are recurring ones. They are usually nightmares, so naturally they are more memorable too ;(

Years

9146956351336847.jpg

I had to.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
HOW COME THERE IS SERIOUSLY A CARD FOR EVERY TERM THAT PEOPLE USE HERE XD like totally random things too hahah

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
My dreams are usually always bittersweet, or nightmares but like not directly scary, it's just a certain pressure and anxiety I feel in them, but it's not like I'm screaming or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back